- Hands on developer, infrastructure Architect and designer, .NET & SharePoint Developer (Applications and BI), SFDC Integration, ODS/Data Warehouse and SQL DBA experience with a proven track record, multiple technical skill sets, proven ability to learn on the fly and experience in defining, reconciling and executing management and end user goals and needs.
- Leads mixed teams of consultants and in - house staff or works as part of a team or alone as a self-directed individual contributor and technical resource.Prior experience in accounting and finance allows a deep understanding of the budget process and the ability to identify, report and control costs in a change oriented environment whether full life cycle, support or system upgrade project. I am deeply familiar with Project Management, SDLC/RAD/Agile Development methodologies and Accounting and Team System Software.
- I have expertise in legacy upgrades and integration, Business Intelligence, Workflows/InfoPath and Reporting Technologies (SSAS, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) (2005-20014), Crystal Reports (4 - 12), Cognos 10.1 10.2, Tableau 7 - 8, Panorama, QlikView, GoodData and others) and knowledge of cutting edge Microsoft Technologies. 15 Years of experience in ETL and effecting disparate system integration employing tools ranging from early custom development to SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 , SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SharePoint (2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and Office 365 SharePoint in Cloud), Microsoft Dynamics, GP, and MS Biztalk 2006 and 2008, Relativity, Salesforce (FORCE.COM, APEX, Integration to Back End SQL & BI), Oracle PL/SQL.
- Microsoft BI Stack: Extensive use of SSIS including a project ( Confidential ) where I replaced Datastage with SSIS. Extensive experience with SSRS and SSRS in SharePoint ( Confidential, US Army, Confidential, Confidential ). SSAS supporting self-service Excel Power Pivot. 2012 Power View. MS SQL Data Warehousing, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers in SQL, Oracle, Salesforce, DTS, Data Modeling.
- Design, Implementation and Support of Amazon AWS (EC2, S3, Glacier, EBS) and Microsoft Azure. In two sites I designed using Hyper V and a private cloud.
- Have worked in multiple positions with ICD-9, CPT-4, DRG, HL-7, implementing HIPAA Regulations and academic knowledge of ICD-10.
- Have developed analytic models, reporting architecture and KPI mechanisms in multiple job roles and multiple software configurations; including but not limited to SharePoint, .NET packages, Tableau, Cognos, Crystal and SSRS. Particular focus in two roles on End-to-End BI Architecture.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) for integration.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate goals, ongoing activities, requirements, specifications and business tasks; whether the medium is a presentation, a paper memo, an email, a website or a blog.
LANGUAGES/DATABASES/TOOL SETS: MS SQL 6.5, 7.0, 2000, 2005, 2008 R2 and 2012 (T-SQL/Stored Procedures/Power Pivot/Power View), MS SQL 2014 in test, Azure, VS .NET, Visual Tools - Sharepoint (2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and Cloud), Infopath and Workflows, Visual Basic 3.0 through VB.NET 4.X, Visual Studio through 2012/.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Framework 1.X, 2.0, 3.X, 4.X, DTS / ETL / SSIS / SSAS / SSRS. BIZTALK, WF, WPF and WCF, Altova Tools. Business Objects (3,4,6.5,XI) Tools/Custom Controls, HTML & Composition Packages, ActiveX Internet Controls, Java/J++/J#, XML, C#, DHTML, Ruby on Rails, DNN, Dreamweaver & Flash, CSS, Silverlight / Expression Studio, Installshield, MS Access with SSAS provisioning PowerPivot/Power View/Power BI, Oracle Experience, CGI Scripts - Perl4/5/6, Foxpro, PowerBuilder, Sybase SQL Anywhere, Erwin, Infomodeler, Embarcadero (dBartisan, ERStudio, Rapid SQL), Business Intelligence, Reporting and Forensic IT. Experience with SAP. Dundas BI Dashboards and Dundas SharePoint Chart and Gauges, Telerik, Infragistics, BI Delivery to Phone / Tablet Social Networking / Blog Development. Jitterbit, Toad Data Modeler and Data Point. Oracle PL/SQL.
NETWORK Environments: , Windows Servers (LAN Manager through Windows Enterprise 2003, 2008 and 20012, Hyper-V and other support servers. NOVELL, Ubuntu, UNIX, Xenix,, Exchange (all versions), IIS, Apache, E-Commerce Server, Windows XP, Vista, W7 and Windows 8/8.1. I work with Cisco, Fortigate and Watchguard routers and Symantec, Retrospect, Red Gate SQL, Backup Exec, AppAssure.
Security: Symantec (Desktop & Enterprise), Trend Micro, McAfee, Microsoft Forefront, router based packages. VPN and specialized web security packages. HIPAA, ERISA and SOX regulatory compliance.
PROGRAMS/SUITES: MS Office (95/97/2000/2003/2007/2010/2013 ), Salesforce and Associated Programing, Adobe CS5, MS Project and Visual Studio Team System. WordPerfect, COREL, VENTURA, ALDUS PageMaker, OMNIPAGE, SBT ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE (all modules), and REAL WORLD ACCOUNTING (all modules), Peachtree, Ultimate Software Ultipro (8.X & 9.X), Macola, Medical Practice Management Packages ( including Medical Manager), Microsoft Dynamics CRM (integration with PBX), Microsoft Dynamics GP (both Current MD GP Version at Confidential and two Projects previous / Great Plains version). Facebook/Twitter Links and Analytics. PowerPoint 2013 with Mixes.
Specialized Knowledge: 10 Years Accounting and Financial Reporting. Medical Administration and Practice Management, Managed Healthcare; both operationally and for software design, HIPAA Transaction Sets and X12 / HL7 Standards, Privacy and Security, CAML, Encryption Methodologies. Contract Engineering and Major Project Management Operations, Retail Management including finance, operations and software design. Legacy Systems; Integration Operations and Software Design.
VOIP Phone systems: Altigen, Cisco and Talkswitch. Sales Support, system design and installation. Custom system design and software integration with SQL Database, IIS, Exchange and CRM.PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
SharePoint Migration planning and execution
- Migrate SharePoint 2010 Premises to Office 365 SharePoint Cloud. Used MetaLogix Tool Set
- Customized Web Parts, Master Pages and Applications to SharePoint 2013 Apps
- Implementing BI Apps and Library Elements in Cloud Version
SQL DBA 2008 R2 & 2012
- Relativity Software Infrastructure Installs (Tool for Forensic Analysis requiring 6 Server Setup)
- SharePoint 2010 Maintenance and SharePoint Components with Visual Studio.
- MS Access driving backup system.
- SSAS for Cubes & SSRS Reporting
- SQL Development (2008 R2/2012) and reporting using SSRS, Crystal Reports, Cognos (8 & 10.1), and Tableau.
- Infrastructure maintenance and design: Active Directory, Networking and Upgrades.
- Sharepoint 2010 - 2013: Maintenance and SharePoint Components with Visual Studio.
- MS Access providing cubes for Excel Analysis of Data Center Costing
- DW / Data Mart Development.
- Data Center Power Work.
Senior System Architect / BI
Confidential, Wellesley, MA
- Tasked to Review, Analyze, Retire and rebuild Infrastructure while maintaining Legacy and targeting maintenance of current operations while, expanding scope and moving key CRM application from 10 year old operational CRM system, in parts, to SalesForce Core linking back to new back-office system of ODS MS SQL databases, supporting 4 reporting systems; Cognos 10, Crystal, Tableau and SSRS, Goal was a consolidated and Automated BI System.
- I supported and extended the Intranet and Customer facing extranet SharePoint Portal creating an improved indexing tool set with enhanced search for a 6 TB legal document database, critical to main LOB, and created customized components utilizing .NET tools, Upgraded to SharePoint 2010 and built a whole series of BI components for specialized data reporting and access in near real time, building out the back end Datamart with CDC and complex views for reporting. All controlled by Roles in Active Directory. Built out, customized and took through testing a 2013 SharePoint Installation.
- After the analysis stage and planning for Legacy we retired 10 physical servers, regularized and expanded our Amazon AWS presence and built out a VMWARE 4.X Installation with a physical installation of 4.X VSPHERE and 3 Physical servers supporting 192 GB RAM; all this supporting 40+ VMs replacing everything from 2005 through 2008 Server and SQL. 6 Months later we switched to 5.X which allowed RAM expansion and SQL 2012. I was directly responsible for a growing Amazon AWS installation, supporting Social Media Data, Software Development needs and a Microsoft Azure site that supported Data Marts for reporting.
- I led/executed the effort to identify a product, test and install/replace Backup Exec with AppAssure. Reduced maintenance (required by large quantity of tape swaps) 80% with no off hour presence local requirement or tape bays.
- I supported MS GP for Finance; including ETL transfers to the ODS. I installed, upgraded and supported the Visual Studio 2012->TFS environment used by straight line development at Confidential and the Social Media Environment (AWS based) at D50 Media.
- In 2012 we began the effort to replace our principal .NET CRM system, Pivotal, with Salesforce. Tested two products in situ (Microsoft Dynamics and SalesForce. Management chose SFDC as the CRM, I led/executed the effort to identify a product, test and install a near real time ETL product (Jitterbit) that would both allow us to constantly stream data to and from SalesForce and the Legacy System. A growing percentage of functions were replaced by SalesForce with the information returned to the Legacy CRM system both for operation, archiving and reporting use. By 2014 the Local CRM system would be in SalesForce and the same near real time ETL, Jitterbit, software would be morphed into a support system to stream data to a planned ODS (Operational Data Store) This would contain Operational and Back-Office Databases which would then automatically present feeds to support everything from a Data Warehouse to the four reporting engines to real time Dashboard Feeds to SharePoint.
- I led/executed the effort to identify, test, install and support a new high end reporting product for the Analytics Group. First we compared in site tests Qlikview and Tableau. The product chosen was Tableau and it is currently in use both for Analytics and reporting. I built out the needed servers, installed Tableau, built out needed Data Marts and the Repository, designed the first 25 reports, trained the two point people for the users and acted as general oversight for the product.
- I managed, designed and tested SSIS to replace Datastage. All the while I supported analysis, ETL dBs and Reporting covering everything from government table intakes to operational reporting to Google Analytics.
- Short Term Contracts in SQL, SharePoint, .NET and BI Development. Three and Four week projects with hard deliverables. E.G. SSRS reports for consulting firm. Ongoing support for performance and updating SSRS Reports for Medical SAAS Package. Report and analysis contract (completed 04/28/2011) for Blue Mountain Labs (Bick Group) tasked me to install, analyze, test against client points of examination and report on (120 pages) on 7 major (7 identified by Blue Mountain Lab’s Fortune 500 client including Tableau 7 - 8, Panorama, QlikView, GoodData, MS BI Tools etc.); cloud based (in memory) and Hybrid Reporting packages. Used Amazon AWS. Microsoft SQL T-SQL and Oracle PL/SQL.
BI Lead - Confidential
- Work Sites at two gold mines in Africa ( Confidential, Now Kinross after merger) in Ghana and Mauritania. Confidential LLC is a Business Process Consulting firm. Architectural Design with hands on SQL DBA and BI development using SSIS and SSAS design for ETL conversion from diverse client platforms (MS SQL, Oracle, Paradox, Access etc.) to Consolidated SQL 2008 Data Mart driving proprietary BI software, Performance Analytixtm, reporting from Data Warehouse and training client users (expats and locals) in use of same, in French where applicable in Mauritania. IT Consulting ranging from network redesign, Data Conversion Platforms (MS SQL & Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, Wireless Designs and Software Redesign, Development and reconfiguration to support engineering retraining and process re-engineering. Integrated data from Mainpac (Logistics and Asset Management), Sun Financials and custom data feeds. All work set up so as to feed 2007 converted to 2010 SharePoint installation and ASP.NET Designed Dashboards. Designed test bench private cloud for Data Marts delivered over satellite downlink.
- All Development/Reporting created to output through SharePoint to customer business units. Custom Web Parts and BI/KPI used for specialized informational purposes and custom front page presentations. Customized, with KPIs and specialized Silverlight web parts, Business Unit front pages redesigned within SharePoint Parts Modified with .NET, CML and XSLT.
- Principal Tools were Visual Studio 2008, TFS and Microsoft Project.
- Architected Infrastructure and Set up Server Farms for Test & Development based on SharePoint 2007, Project Server 2007 and BizTalk 2006. I trained PM Personnel in application of MS Project Management (Project Manager 2007->Project Server). Analyzed opportunities for using and developing protocols and custom code for long running process controls with BizTalk. Oracle DBA and I developed cubes accessing multiple sources so internal customers can access with their report devices and generate their own one off reports. Set up test device for SQL Server 2008.
- Tech Lead on GIDS (Global Information Dissemination System) Project.
- SharePoint based platform project utilized highly customized BDC, components and indexing.
- I implemented and coordinated the Architectural and technical aspects of delivery on distributed Confidential Platform of Factiva/Dow Feeds to 90,000 employees on global company-wide SharePoint Platform.
- Delivery mechanisms included a mix of Factiva’s software front ends, customized .NET (VB.NET, C# and ASP.NET 3.5) upgrades of existing apps controlled by global teams with locations spread between New York and India, SQL Server 2005 w/XML RSS Feeds and customized SharePoint 2007 Portals/MOSS 2007 modified/configured with .NET, XML and XSLT.
- Principal Programming tool was Visual Studio, Coordinated Offshore teams migrating from Plumtree to SharePoint 2007 and managed using customized Team Sites.
- I created aggregator specific web parts and components for dissemination to IP Teams.
- I consulted with and coordinated groups of Internal Information Professionals; development teams located in global company core sites.
- Set up Templated SharePoint Sites to communicate change management information, Learning Resources and programming guidelines and standards. Responsible for Paper Documentation on critical parts of the Change Management and SDLC work flows.
- Developed a web based security application to control access between Confidential.
- I contributed to and documented the Full Life Cycle Control and Reporting requirements for technical matters ranging from Design, Performance, Testing and Engineering Requirements.
- Lead technologist and Project manager serving in sales support, IT design and web development and management, Programming Projects Leader and management roles.
- Designed, planned, recruited and managed teams and executed infrastructure build-outs, moves and rebuilds; including base infrastructure installations, Phone systems, routers, security implementations, MS Server (several versions), SQL Server and Oracle with SSIS/SSAS/SSRS, Exchange, Sharepoint (2003 & 2007), Cognos, Crystal and full branch office installations including networked PBX.
- Consulting engagements for Data Management, Legacy implementations and integration, EDI and Active Directory Management for Confidential clients.
- Designed Sharepoint front ends with customized components, web parts and BDC access to LOB data. Architected, Designed and installed SQL Server/SharePoint/BI Installations, Installed and Integrated end to end Routers.
- Microsoft CRM and SharePoint BI installations. Built OLAP cubes for Excel Reporting (Power Pivit) with SSAS for Clients.
- Designed and enhanced company and client websites. I am tasked with serving as a resource for salespeople and clients for product education, customer requirements analysis, and implementation planning and project execution.
- Principal Tools were Visual Studio .NET 2003 followed by Visual Studio 2005 with TFS.
- Confidential is an extranet prospecting, contact and client service/provisioning software.
- Customizable to meet working methods of user for Sales Prospecting and Customer Relationship Tracking and Management, Legacy data implementations to access history, external marketing and product information.
- I designed it to interface with multiple Distributor with dissimilar data file intakes.
- I surveyed sales and support people in-house and outside to establish requirements and functional specs and then used RAD methodologies to create Package.
CONSULTANT & PROGRAMMING/DESIGN
- Worked on projects for clients as diverse as the Confidential of Government to various Health Care operations.
- Created “For Hire” Software applications and supported web and windows based apps and legacy software.