My extensive experience will bring value to your organization. I am a team oriented, experienced individual who finishes projects on time and under budget. I am highly motivated and have an extremely strong work ethic. My objective is simple—to build excellent systems that perform flawlessly.
Senior SharePoint Programmer
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Used SHAREPOINT Designer to customize SHAREPOINT sites optimizing operational efficiency and improving business processes and communication needs. Extensive experience using SHAREPOINT and JQUERY together to provide enhanced SHAREPOINT functionality. Well experienced with designing custom look & feel (UX/UI) for SharePoint 2010 and 2013. Design SP sites and sub-sites. Created wireframes, mock ups, etc. Documented process to hand off to farm admins for UX/UI custom implementation. Experienced with both custom SP development and using “out of the box” functionality. Experienced with designing SP frontend to handle heavy load (300k+) users for huge federal government implementations at State Department, Marine Corps, Reserves, etc. These frontend redesigns have resulted in significantly faster web page loads for large SP farms.
- Led effort to develop custom SHAREPOINT functionality. The Executive Interactive Dashboard was developed in SP 2013 using SharePoint Designer 2013 and provided to allow the Command Center staff to see “at a glance” the entire US Map. Any reported problems were identified by geographic region, severity and type. Users could “drill down” to see additional information; including contact information for each monitored item which allowed staff to quickly contact the correct person to fix each issue. The dashboard aggregated data from the HYPERIC, Tripwire, and Asset Management system using BCS. Built using C# .NET, SQL Server 2008, and third party mapping component.
Senior Web Programmer
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
- Created PHP ad-hoc query tool that let users create custom queries against Oracle database. Wrote complex stored procedures to enable query to run without using dynamic sql.
- Created AGI .NET wrapper around Linux Asterisk VOIP PBX system to automatically make phone calls to system administrators in event of emergency. Designed and deployed Asterisk systems to several offices.
- For National Institute of Health I have built a custom database system that tracked the clinical studies of drugs being researched and approved for clinical trials by FDA.
- Led team to build OMA case management system written in ASP.NET / C#. Responsible for application design and architecture.
- Used third party Infragistics Webgrid control to present data to user. Used Infragistic ExcelExport component to export data.
- Used Aspose Excel and Aspose Word to dynamically create custom Reports with standard header and footer from shared library.
- Wrote complex sql procedures to generate report data.
- The query results were viewable as HTML in a webgrid, and could be exported to Excel.
- Led team to build Wireless Guest Account Management System.
- Built VTS system for NIH. VTS is a Vulnerability Tracking System that enabled system administrators to view, update, and delete vulnerabilities in their part of the NIH network.
- It was developed using ASP.NET, and SQL Server stored procedures. Used Source Safe for verison control. Full life cycle application development methodology.
- Backend application extracted data stored in XML files from SARA and ISS security scanners and performed XSLT transformation to standard XML format that was parsed. The parsed data was inserted into the database.
- Designed and built TallyHours application. Application was a very complex ASP.NET C#, CSS, timecard application that would let users record how much time they worked on tasks.
- System interfaced with Netegrity Siteminder Single Sign-On to provide seamless integration with other enterprise apps. Coded many LDAP interfaces with Active Directory .NET library.
- Wrote library in VB.NET to enable database caching.
- Programmed complex interface using VB.NET to interface with MVS Mainframe accounting Mainframe (UNIX) accounting system. Application contained many interfaces to Active Directory. Integrated with SITEMINDER.
- Worked with team to implement SITEMINDER across the NIH. Wrote reusable .NET library that other .NET developers could use to easily integrate their project code SITEMINDER without having to understand the technology behind SM. The entire SITEMINDER implementation was a complete success and a huge percentage of the applications running at NIH are now SSO / Single Sign On enabled.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Built payroll application for Ceridian Payroll Services using BizTalk, C#, VB, ASP, SQL Server 2000, VB.NET, ADO.NET and ASP.NET technologies.
- Responsible for designing and coding 401k, NACHA Direct Deposit, Tax, New Hire, and Check Reconciliation export files that would be transmitted to banks and other institutions across the country.
- Was responsible for programming a Windows service that would monitor a directory for input files, call a component that would parse the input file, format the data, perform calculations, and finally write out a file that was suitable to send to the institution.
- Component would then update database with data that was transmitted to bank so reports could be generated at a later time.
- Coded ASP.NET pages using that would read data from database to produce web report and generate PDF report if requested.
- Was also responsible for designing and building an application that would gather XML data and deposit XML to MS Message Queue. From there BizTalk would reformat and validate XML and transfer XML data to another department at Ceridian. Used Visual Studio.NET to build applications.
Senior Web Programmer
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Contracted to build website where financial advisers could log in and request approval to personally trade securities.
- The compliance officer within their organization would be responsible for personally approving trades or setting up rules using the interface provided to configure rules to automate the approval process.
- This enterprise-level web application also helps financial companies comply with government rules and regulations that are enforced by the SEC.
- Was responsible for designing database, site security, writing stored procedures, and coding all aspects of the website.
- Primarily responsible for building COM+ transactional business components that interacted with UI components. Components exchanged information via objects that were capable of being persisted as XML.
- Application used IE 5.5’s DHTML capabilities as the front-end. Business components interacted with Data Access Layer components that would query database and return objects that were capable of persisting XML.
- Microsoft DOM was used to manipulate XML. Application used homegrown SOAP architecture similar to the MS BizTalk server. User privileges were controlled by Active Directory.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Also developed database driven web applications using PHP, Mysql, Postgres, and Apache. Programmed ActiveX user, business, and data components.
- Worked on over fifty websites, including etienneaigner.com, stuartweitzman.com, aabb.org, and haircuttery.com.
- Strong working knowledge and interest in WAP, WML, and wireless applications. Web applications were usually built using Visual Studio, Interdev, HomeSite, DreamWeaver UltraDev, or Jrun Studio. Projects included DOT NET (.NET) BETA, VB.NET, C#, ASP.NET, ASP+,ecommerce systems, personalized membership systems, content managements systems, document management systems, online marketing tracking system using cookies, shopping carts, stored procedures, triggers, Index Server site searches, custom site reporting, CybercCash implementation, Ultraseek, Livewire, CSS, HTML, DHTML, Java Servlets, Perl, ColdFusion, Access, Oracle, ActiveX, Visual Basic, COM+, classes, objects, PowerBuilder etc.
- Managed many aspects of large projects where companies completely redesigned website.
- Full life cycle web development. Was responsible for gathering requirements, scoping project, planning architecture, engineering usability, designing database, developing use cases, programming, and testing.
- Hired, trained, and supervised Internet Systems Engineer.
- Supervised administration of web servers at PSI Net, Exodus, UUnet, and Cable and Wireless hosting data centers.
- Administered and supervised administration of Internet Information Server (IIS), Apache, and Netscape Enterprise Server (NES) using Livewire.
- Migrated over 100 websites to new servers for Y2K readiness, and used troubleshooting skills to ensure successful migration.
- Responsible for all Verisign Certificate installs on said servers.
- Configured IIS and httpd.conf and httpsd.conf on Apache servers. Installed WatchDog FireBox firewall.
- Handled all DNS changes for over fifty domains. Troubleshooting IIS problems, debugging code that caused IIS to fail.Administration of Unix web servers using ssh, bash, and other utilities.
- Administered high capacity, high traffic Unix servers running FreeBSD, Solaris, SunOS, Red Hat Linux, and Debian. Installed and configured Eshare on both Solaris and NT to run as a chat server.
- Performed internal and external security analysis of NT and Unix web servers and networks using port scanners and other security tools.
- Responsible for creating document outlining company standard regarding web application and server design and setup. Participated in developing business process cycle document for company.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Programmed for large site using ASP, SQL Server, IIS, MTS, Visual Basic and VBscript. Helped team building web application where users could apply for a student loan online at salliemae.com.
- Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS) would make calls to bank, university, credit bureau, and SM databases to verify information and transfer funds.
Internet Applications Engineer
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Troubleshot ASP code and used Cisco Local Director to load balance servers for nationally known high-capacity Ecommerce websites Built fault-tolerant Compaq web servers that utilized dual port Ethernet cards, Raid 5 SCSI disks and dual switches for total fault tolerance and redundancy.
- Administered websites running Netscape Enterprise Server for Solaris.
- Used web server-monitoring tools such as SiteScope and perfmon to ensure top server performance.
- Used Ghost to create baseline build image of server.
- Troubleshot network connectivity problems using commands like ping, traceroute, nslookup, whois, dig, arp, route, etc.
- Troubleshot and administered email server problems with Rockliffe and NT Mail. Troubleshot problems with MX records, DNS records aliases, etc.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Migrated medium sized office from CCMail to Microsoft Exchange.
Confidential, Princess Anne, MD
- Designed and programmed website for local Confidential chapter.
- Taught high-school students in the Upward Bound Program how to create HTML pages and publish them to the web.
- Used Photoshop, Illustrator, ImageReady, and Macromedia Fireworks etc to create and edit images.
Confidential, Salisbury, MD
- Built Websites for small businesses in local area. Used HTML, VBscript, IIS, NT4, Access, SQL Server, Interdev and ASP to successfully build sites.