Manager - SQL Database Administrator - DeveloperSUMMARY
Technically skilled professional with wide experience in SQL Database programming and analysis. Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) - SQL Server 2008, Database Developer. Comp IIA Security +.Self-starter with well developed analytical and problem-solving skills. Committed team player that contributes to a project team at all points in the system life cycle.TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Microsoft SQL 2008
- Microsoft SQL 2005
- Windows XP
- TSO, ISPF
- COBOL MVS/VM/XP
Confidential, Fort Rucker, AL December 2007 - Present
SQL Developer / Project Manager
Responsible for the design, coding, implementation, maintenance and loading of Microsoft SQL databases and tables used in the U.S. Army Combat Readiness Center (CRC) Data Warehouse and Reporting System.
- Create SQL Server: Integration Services (SSIS) packages for creating, loading and modifying tables.
- Create and modify Databases, Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, User Defined Data Types and User Defined Functions.
- Granted and maintain a Department of Defense Personnel Security Clearance.
- Assist in interpreting current undocumented procedures to create documentation on those processes.
- Create processes and procedures (logical and physical (stored procedures)) for initial data pull/conversion into the system and then the processes and proceduresfor the continual update\\conversion of the SQL Server data to theLegacy Oracle TR system while we work to update/rebuild all other applications on the Oracle side.
- Use SQL Server: Reporting Services (SSRS) to create and manage tabular, matrix, graphical, and free-form reports that contain data from relational and multidimensional data sources.
Personal Leave April 2007 - November 2007
- Worked on several homes for Habitat for Humanities.
- Attended Microsoft class 2559 Introduction to Visual Basic .NET Programming with Microsoft .NET.
- Attended Microsoft class 2389 Programming with Microsoft ADO.NET.
Confidential, Birmingham, AL 1991-2007
Responsible for the design, coding, implementation, maintenance and loading of Microsoft SQL databases and tables used in customer satisfaction reporting and analysis tool as well as the web based measurement tools for network availability and repair intervals.
These systems ensured compliance with all Federal and State regulations.
- Created Data Transformation Services (DTS) packages in the Enterprise Manager for creating, loading and modifying tables.
- Created and modify Databases, Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, User Defined Data Types and User Defined Functions.
- Created Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes using multiple programming languages, scripts and SQL DTS packages.
- Used Microsoft Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) for accessing data in a heterogeneous environment of relational and non-relational database management systems as in Oracle, Access and DB2 across servers and MVS mainframes.
- Used Jobs under SQL Server Agent to schedule approximately 70 to over 100 daily production jobs performing Secure FTP between BellSouth's servers and many vendor servers, ETL, normalizing data and other functions associated with database production and administration.
- Maintained and modify ASP.NET pages for internal measurement reports.
- Deployed SQL code between test and production servers.
- Created and maintain backup jobs using Veritas for 4 Dell and 2 Compaq servers running Microsoft SQL 2000 and 1 Dell server running Microsoft IIA.
- Performed daily and weekly update services on all servers receiving updates from BellSouth IT, Microsoft, Dell and Compaq. This would include daily anti-virus updates as well as vendor hardware, Microsoft software and internal BellSouth software.
- Monitored weekly server bounce on Sunday night and test all services prior to the start of the work week.
- Team Leader in migrating all IBI web based system to Microsoft SQL 2000 across 5 Dell servers.
- Redesigned the process of receiving, summarizing and loading data from an 8 to 12 hour monthly process to just minutes each morning. This streamlining resulted in customers receiving daily results and not just a monthly report.
- Created a user friendly GUI client interface replacing the green screen mainframe command line system using FOCUS, COBOL, REXX and Xedit.
- Major contributor in migrating the mainframe system to the intranet using Information Builders (IBI) Web FOCUS, PC FOCUS, Cactus and Microsoft NT 4.0.
- Created COBOL programs to summarize data prior to loading in FOCUS and SQL databases. The programs were written on MVS, VM and Windows platforms using IBM's Visual Age for COBOL.
Confidential, Birmingham, AL 1985-1991
Data Security Manager (1989-1991)
Manager in the Data Security group responsible for detection, prevention and investigation of communications and computer fraud.
- Developed policies and procedures for fire prevention, detection and extinguishing for the data centers.
- Developed policies and procedures for magnetic data retention and storage on and offsite.
- Developed and presented educational data security lectures for employees and company clients.
Staff Manager Information Technology (1985-1989)
Responsible for design, development and implementation of a new regional support application using relational databases, (IBM\'s DB2 and Peregrine\'s RNMS).
- Designed and developed the first internal regional trouble tracking and reporting system.
- Developed the first regional inventory of workstations, systems accessed by those workstations and the networks connecting those workstations to the data centers showing relationship of all hardware and systems from end-user to the data center.
Confidential, Orlando, FL 1984-1985
Staff Analyst UNIX Support
Supported external customers using the AT & T UNIX operating system and 3B series of computers.
- Served as Project Leader for database products using UNIX.
- Senior Analyst for trouble resolution for supporting software of AT & T's Call Management System.
Confidential, Birmingham, AL 1980-1984
Supervisor Business Services Installations and Maintenances
Responsible for a diversified group of System Technicians and Clerks providing trouble report receipt for all data equipment and facilities and for remote monitoring, testing and analysis of equipment and facilities in the Western Hemisphere for Bell System customers whose headquarters resided in 7 southeastern states.
- First centralized Data Repair Center in the Bell System.
- Directed, installed, operated and maintained several Mini-Computers (Dec PDP 11/70, AT & T 3B5, AT & T 3B20 and several micro computers) all running UNIX that supported the Data Repair Center.
- Maintained one of the first uses of IVR (Interactive Voice Response) for testing of data communication equipment.
- The Data Repair Center was the prototype model for other centers throughout the Bell System and continually rated Number One.
Bachelor of Science, Management Information SystemsConfidential, Birmingham, AL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Resent training included Microsoft SQL 2005, SQL 2008 and Visual Basic.Net.
Numerous programs, conferences, training and seminars.