- Over 6 years of IT experience with a strong background in Data warehousing projects development and four years of ETL experience using SQL Server SSIS in a high transaction and multi server production environment.
- Proficient in Installing, Configuring, Managing, Monitoring and Troubleshooting SQL Server 2008/2005/2000.
- Expert in Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using SSIS creating mappings/workflows to extract data from DB2, SQL Server, Excel file, other databases and Flat File sources and load into various Business Entities.
- Excellent backend skills in creating SQL objects like Tables, complex Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, effective Functions and appropriate Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Expertise in writing T-SQL (DML & DDL) Code, Query optimization & performance tuning. Used SQL Profiler, Execution plan, Performance Monitor and DBCC commands.
- Good knowledge of SDLC, RDBMS, logical and physical data modeling and database design using Erwin.
- Experience in migrating databases from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Expertise in SSIS direct and Indirect Configuration(XML, SQL Server) set up, SSIS Audit and Logging, Error Handling, Expressions and Variables.
- Expertise in performance tuning of Data Flow Task in SSIS Packages.
- Good Hand on Resolving complex issues and Error Handling in SSIS.
- Experience in creating Historical and Incremental Jobs, Alerts, setting up SQL server mail agent for SSIS packages.
- Very good SQL Server Administration skills including backup recovery, database maintenance, user authorizations, database creation, Tables, indexes.
- Expert in report writing using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and in creating various types of reports like Drill Down, Drill Through, Parameterized, Matrix, and Chart Report, Web reporting by customizing URL Access.
- Proficient knowledge of creating feeds from OLTP to Data Warehouse.
- Experience in Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Star Schema / Snowflake Schema, Fact and Dimensional tables and Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Expertise in deploying SSIS Package, SSRS Reports and SSAS Cubes using command line utilities.
- Expertise in Creating Cluster Index and Non Cluster Index, Covered Index, and Indexed View to improve performance on Database side.
- Good Experience on SQL Server profiler and Database tuning advisor to tune Scripts, Queries, SP, Function over Database.
- Good Experience in writing Production Deployment Documents, Mapping Document, Test Scenarios and Release documents.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and project oriented team player with excellent written, verbal communication and leadership skills to develop creative solutions for challenging client needs.
- Self learning ability and Leadership Quality.
SQL Enterprises Manager, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer SQL
Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Import Export Data, Bulk Insert.
Data Modeling Tools
ERWIN, MS Visio, Rational Rose
T-SQL, C, C++, HTML, XML, Visual Basic 6.0, ASP.NET, C#.NET, Java Script
MS-Front Page, Macromedia Dream Weaver, IIS 5.0, FTP, TCP/IP, LAN, MS-Outlook Express.
Crystal Reports 9/10/11, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS Access, MS Excel.
SQL Server 2008/2005/2000, DB2, MS Access
Windows 9x/NT/XP/Vista, UNIX, Linux
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist for SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist for SQL Server 2005 Database Development
- Bachelors in Electronics & communication Engineering
Confidential Jan 2011 – TILL DATE
SQL Server BI Developer
Confidential. is a leading global provider of insurance, annuities and employee benefit programs, serving 90 million customers in over 50 countries. Through its subsidiaries and affiliates, Confidential holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East.
Our team had to extract the data from different Sources DB2 (OLTP), Access, Mainframe files to Data warehouse, before load the data in DW we created Staging environment to increase the performance. And this is made to support decision making based on transactional data.
- Participated in Business Analysis & requirement collection.
- Involved in designed the template of SSIS packages to approach the business requirement.
- Worked on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to integrate and analyze data from multiple homogeneous and heterogeneous information sources (CSV, Excel, DB2, SQL 2000, and SQL 2005).
- Created/updated Stored Procedure, Triggers, User Defined Functions, User defined data type, Scripts and batches.
- Removed Duplicate records from the source using complex query, analytical functions and ad-hoc scripts.
- To achieve business requirements, used For-Each Loop Container, Sequence Container, VB Script task, Expressions, Execute SQL task, Variables, Send Mail Task, Package Execution task.
- Used Look up, Pivot, Merge Join, Union all, Derived Column, Conditional Split, and Aggregate transformation to manipulate data in SSIS package data flow.
- Provided Dynamic Configuration, Custom Package Logging, Error Handling, and Notification to SSIS template package.
- Created deployment utility to deploy SSIS Packages.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Created Historical Load job and Incremental Load job load in Development environment and QA Environment using SQL Agent.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimension Type 1 and Type2 for required Dimensions and participated in performance tuning SSIS package.
- Tuned queries using Query Optimization techniques.
- Validated DIM and FACT data using Data Profiling Task to check correct data population.
- Validated to Cube aggregations and calculations with source table and requested required changes on cube side and did required changes on ETL side.
- SQL Server Profiler for tuning report queries and improves performance in SQL Server.
- Worked closely with DBA team to regularly monitor system for bottlenecks and implement appropriate solutions.
- Run Import/export wizard to load data between TEST and DEV Server, provided CSV and Excel files to mangers for the particular records they want for different meetings.
- Actively participated in 80 hrs review meetings with Sr. Business Analyst and Project Manager to ensure that the development of projects meet business and system requirements.
- Ran test on SSIS packages, Stored Procedures, Reports and wrote script to check functionality of code.
- Created mapping document for Dimensions and Facts.
- Helped team lead to create Production Release documents.
Environment:Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2005 Enterprise edition, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, Microsoft Visual studio 2005, SQL Profiler, Windows Server 2003/XP 64-bit Edition.
ConfidentialJUNE 2008 - DEC 2010
SQL Server Developer
Project: Expense Management
Confidential the fifth largest commercial bank in the United States based on assets, with $282 billion in assets. Confidential ranks as the fifth largest bank in the U.S. based on deposits, Confidential serves 24 states. It offers a broad range of accounting and record-keeping services to mutual fund, investment advisory and insurance companies. This project helps higher management to make decision on budget management based on current expenses.
- Involved in Business Analysis & Requirement collection.
- Designed Data Warehouse and Database for the system using Star Schema which includes Tables, Stored Procedure and Indexes in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Implemented ETL to Extract and Transform data from Flat File or CSV, SQL Server 2005 instances and to load into Staging Database. The main purpose to load into staging database is to change all string values to integer. And then to Data Warehouse for further Data Analysis by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Lookup, Conditional Split, Slowly Changing Dimension, Merge and Union all. Scheduled and maintained every mid-night and weekly load data by creating corresponding job task by SQL Server Agent in SSMS.
- Use Data Viewers in SSIS Packages to see whether the data flow properly or not.
- Created and updated complex Stored Procedures, Triggers and User Defined Functions for logical T-SQL implementation.
- Created Views to facilitate easy user interface implementation and Triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Create and run Sub-reports, Drill-down reports, Matrix or Crosstab reports and Summary reports in SSRS.
- Create Subscriptions to generate reports on daily and weekly basis via FTP.
- Mange Report Security by using SSMS. Connect to Reporting Server and set different roles and different security level to different users.
- Use SQL Server Profiler for tuning report queries and improve performance in SQL Server.
- Actively participated in review meetings with Project Manager to ensure that the development of projects meet business and system requirements.
- Documenting the development work.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2005 Enterprise Edition, Windows Server 2003, SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, IIS.
Confidential. JUL 2006 - MAY 2008
Des Moines, IA
SQL Server BI Developer
Project: Migration Project
The project was migrating old legacy data form SQL Server 2000 to SQLServer2005 using SSIS and created various customer detailed reports as per management requirements.
- Migrating SQL Server 2000 DTS Packages to SSIS Packages for uploading various formats of files and data from the legacy databases and SQL Server 2000 to MS SQL Server 2005 Data warehouse using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Create complex scripts to do chucking and massaging of legacy data in staging area of SSIS package.
- Drop and recreate Index on the DSS system while data migrating.
- Schedule Jobs to run SSIS package in night feed to DSS system for fresh day data.
- Generated server side T-SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation and created various snapshots and materialized views for remote instances.
- Modified existing databases by adding/removing tables there by altering referential integrity, primary key constraints and relationships according to requirements
- Created trace in SQL Profiler and used Data base engine tuning advisor for Performance tuning on stored procedures and Scripts.
- Created pivot table to provide structured to Reports in proper manner like months etc.
- Wrote documentation for the packages and scripts and job created for migrate data.
- Deployed reports to Report Manager and Troubleshooting for any error occur in execution.
- Responsible for implementing robust Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Planning and scheduling backup strategy to ensure reliable backup.
- Participated in testing during the UAT (QA testing). Mentored and monitored team development and status
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2000, Data Transformation Services, SQL Server Integration Services, MS Excel 2003, MS Access 2003, Enterprise Manager, Management Studio, SQL Profiler and SSRS.
Confidential JUN 2005 - MAY 2007
SQL Server DBA/Developer
Confidential is second amongst all the companies listed on the Indian stock exchanges in terms of free float market capitalization. The Bank has a network of about 1,725 branches and 4,232 ATM’s in India and presence in 18 countries. Confidential Bank offers a wide range of banking products and financial services to corporate and retail customers through a variety of delivery channels and through its specialized subsidiaries and affiliates in the areas of investment banking, life and non-life insurance, venture capital and asset management.
- To ensure trouble free access to SQL Server databases 24 hours a day.
- Monitored health conditions of databases and performed a day to day task like taking backups and restoring them.
- Monitoring Log shipping/Replication and trouble shooting of errors.
- Planning for and carrying out installation and upgrade of SQL Servers.
- Security issues related to logins, database users, and application roles and linked Servers.
- Performance Tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL profiler.
- Involved in troubleshooting and maintaining databases.
- Analyzing the problems in the production environment and try to develop new procedures and methods for monitoring the problems and send alert messages to take pro-active action.
- Wrote scripts for generating Daily Backup Report, verifying completion of all routine backups, Log Space utilization monitoring etc.
- Prepared schedule and template report for Database Health-check activities.
- Involved in Design and Development of Recovery Plan.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2000, Windows 2000/NT4.0, MS Excel, MS Access, SQL Profiler, Replication, Management Studio, Backup software, DTS, T-SQL, and BCP.