- 7+ years of IT experience inDatabase Administration, Design, Development and Support ofMS SQL Server7.0/2000/2005/2008.
- ExperienceinDatabase MigrationfromMS SQL Server 2000, 7.0, 2005 to 2008.
- Experience in DatabaseBackup, RecoveryandDisaster Recoverysolutions.
- Experience in installation and maintenance of SQL Servers inclustered environment, doing failovers when required.
- Experience in implementingLog Shipping techniques.
- Experience inimplementing different types ofReplication Modelslike Snapshot, Mergeand Transactional.
- Involved in design and development ofSSISpackages to load data from Oracle, Excel, Access and flat file feeds toSQL Serverand vice versa.
- Expertise in planning and implementing MS SQL server Security and database Permissions.
- Experience in design and documentation of Logical andPhysical data models.
- Experiencein Troubleshootingperformance problems,fine-tuning of databases and index Analysis.
- StrongSQL ServerDeveloper skillsincluding writing triggers, stored procedures, views, user defined functions and query writing.
- Experience in installing and configuring Microsoft Reporting Services. (SSRS).
- Experience in working in a 24 X 7 environment with very high volume and update activity.
- The ability to work in afast paced environment, Good team player and can work independently.
Confidential, 11/2007 – 9/2009
Las Vegas, Nevada.
MS SQL DBA.
- Ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the
- Planning and design of new SQL Server implementations, including
database definition, structure, documentation, and long-range requirements.
- Design storage strategies and establish standards for complex database environments,
physical structures, and specialized database applications.
- Setting up the Replication Architecture.
- Provide standardization and consistency across environments.
- Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum
- Install and configure databases in cluster mode for high availability.
- Develop and manage scripts of routine database management tasks to run in Windows
- Implement, and periodically test the Database Back-up and Recovery procedures.
- Implement Database Mirroring as part of Disaster Recovery plan.
- Identify and initiate resolutions to user problems and concerns associated with database server equipment (hardware and software).
- Provide on-call support and answer severity calls, problem resolution.
Environment: Windows NT, SQL server 2000, SQL Server 2005,2008, Query analyzer, SQL Profiler, MS Access, Excel, Outlook, MSCS, IBM Tivoli tool, crystal reports, SAN, MS Reporting Services, SSIS, Spotlight, Erwin.
MS SQL DBA.
- Handled databases of sizes up to 2 Tera Bytes in production environment.
- Worked with developers in Performance Tuning and Creation of objects,
maintenance of Databases and troubleshooting issues on regular basis.
- Installed, configured and used Data Protection for Microsoft SQL Server which
complements TSM (Tivoli Storage Manager) for database backup and restore
- Created DTS /SSIS packages, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions (UDF),
Views and Triggers to implement different business requirements.
- Migrated Data from different data sources like DB2 and Oracle9i to SQL Server 2000,
- Responsible for setting up the Replication architecture.
- Configured SQL Mail in SQL Server 2000 and Database Mail in SQL Server 2005.
- Worked on assigned tickets and issues providing 24x7 on-calls Support for Production
Databases on weekly rotation basis.
- Created several database maintenance plans to check the integrity of the databases
regularly, to organize the data and the index pages on a recurring basis and scheduled
- Reorganized the data files and the transaction log files of some databases on the
appropriate RAID 5, RAID 1 + 0 and RAID 1 disk and brought about improvement in the
response time for ad-hoc queries.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, Windows 2000/2003 servers, SAN, Outlook Express, .NET, MS Access
Confidential,01/2006 – 05/2006
MS SQL DBA.
- Collect requirements from business users and transforming them into data models
and logical and physical designs using database design tools.
- Analyze customer Database and Reporting needs and requirements, implement
- Assist in developing database security, control procedures, testing, conversion,
implementation and documentation.
- Assist with data modeling assignments and provide database related assistance to
application developers as needed such as SQL Tuning.
- Assist in the analysis of changes to hardware, network, database objects, patches,
- Implementation and release of database changes as submitted
by the development team.
- Develop and deploy SQL scripts, stored procedures, functions in support of
application database needs.
- Assist in the preparation, creation and review of test plans and data.
- Serve as point of contact and responsibility for database and other application vendors
when problem escalation is warranted.
- Perform pro-active database Performance Monitoring and Tuning.
Environment: Windows 2003 server, Windows 2000 adv. server, Windows 2000/XP, MS SQL Server 2000, IIS, ASP.NET, MS Visual Studio.
Confidential,01/2005 – 01/2006
MS SQL DBA.
- Install, configure, and maintainSQLServer2000 databases in high-availability
- Create, tune, and optimize Stored Procedures and DTS packages.
- Prepare and maintain documentation for database configurations.
- Monitor and maintain allSQLServersystems (Production, QA, and Development).
- Recommend and implement best practices for installing and configuring SQL Server Databases.
- Scripting, design/analysis, installation, monitoring, maintaining,
troubleshooting, and tuning databases used by all departments.
- Manage day to day database operations including monitoring daily system performance, problem resolution, system utilization.
- Administer database security including adding/removing users, auditing, and troubleshooting security related issues.
- Patch and upgrade database software and databases.
- Analyze storage management and capacity planning needs of database environments.
Environment: T-SQL, SQL Server 2000/7.0, DTS, BCP, Bulk Insert, HTML,PL\\SQL, Windows 2000.
Confidential,06/2004 – 12/2004
Jr. Database Administrator
- Created and modified stored procedures, triggers, views and indexes to provide best performance.
- Created and managed schema objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, and triggers and maintained Referential Integrity.
- Creating a separate production server dedicated only for production databases.
- Database Backups & Restoration, Backup Strategies and Scheduling Backups.
- Created and monitored Database maintenance plans for checking database integrity, data optimization, rebuilding indexes and updating statistics.
- Implemented the SQL login Security for developers and users.
- Running DBCC consistency checks, and fixing data corruption in user databases.
- Created DTS Packages to pull data from Oracle and Flat files.
- Involved in planning and monitoring Log shipping.
- Planning, implementing and troubleshooting Replication.
- Monitoring the event logs and Server error logs for troubleshooting purposes.
Environment:Windows 2000, SQL Server 7.0/2000, Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, DTS, T-SQL, BCP, Replication.