Oracle Certified Professional with 9+ years experiences in designing, building and supporting mission critical financial systems with Oracle 10g -11g RAC and DataGuard in UNIX environment. Also, experienced in production support role of Sybase ASE 12.5 &15 and SQL Server . Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Capable of handing multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment. Strong managerial and interpersonal communications skills.
- Oracle11g RAC, Oracle 10g RAC, 9i RAC, Oracle 8i OPS
- Oracle Grid Control, Oracle OEM
- Oracle11g Active Data Guard, Oracle10g Data Guard
- Oracle Clusterware, Oracle ASM.
- Oracle Financials
- Sybase ASE 12.5 & 15, Sybase Replication
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- VERITAS Storage Foundation for Oracle RAC Version 5, 4.1, Oracle 11g, 10g Clusterware, VERITAS Cluster System, SUN cluster
- EMC DMX, EMC CLARIION, CISCO Storage switch, EMC SRDF, EMC BCV
- Quest Performance Analysis, Quest Foglight, Quest Spotlight, Quest SharePlex, BMC Patrol,
- Embarcadero DbArtisan, Sybase Central, ISQL
- Sql server management studio
- VERITAS Netbackup, Legato backup, Solstice Disk Suite, VERITAS Volume Manger,
- ER/Studio, AutoSys
- UNIX platform (SUN Solaris 10, 9, 8, AIX 6.1, HP-UX 10.20), REDHAT Linux, Windows 2000, XP
Programming & Application Servers:
Confidential,†New York, NY
Dec 2009 ~ Present, Sr. Database Management Analyst
Support enterprise DBMS servers, primarily consist of Oracle, Sybase and SQL Server and deliver high availability and performance. Conduct database performance benchmarking, performance tuning and SQL tuning.
- Upgraded and migrated Oracle database from 10g to 11g over 150 instances.
- Installed Oracle version 11gR2 on Linux system, applied required patches by monitoring new patch releases.
- Improved large number of 11g database performance based on daily AWR reports.
- Standardized RMAN backup and recovery procedure and documents. Migrated Oracle data using TTS export and import and cross-platform migration using RMAN.
- Optimized Oracle configurations and reduced the number of support tickets. Defined and implemented consistent standards across systems.
- Worked closely with other technical teams to ensure delivery of Oracle database services within performance target set.
- Resolved Sybase support tickets, created Sybase database, tuned Sybase configuration and server parameters, configured memory, procedure and data cache. Used sp_sysmon to evaluate server level performance. Trouble-shoot Sybase with DBCC.
- Monitored memory, CPU utilization, disk utilization, locks, deadlocks, runtime of queries. Maintained Sybase database backup and recovering from system database failure.
Confidential. New York, NY†
October 2000 ~ December 2009,AVP, Sr. Database Management Analyst
24x7†production support for Treasury Services Administration Center and the JPM Online Banking Portal in 10g RAC environment. Also, supported non-production database environment with POC testing and vendor product evaluations etc.
- Designed and built a large Oracle Distributed Database System with Oracle maximum availability architecture (MAA) at multiple locations (three sites) of Oracle 126.96.36.199 RAC and Oracle Dataguard replication architecture on Solaris and Linux.
- Designed and Built up 11g RAC DEV, QA, Performance, DR and Prod environment.
- Setup two disaster recovery sites using 11g Data Guard and failover test.
- Migrated large number of 10g RAC database to 11g RAC environment.
- Designed and setup multi-tire Enterprise Monitoring System for Oracle database system CPU, Memory & IO usage and system availability between Primary site & DR site using Quest Performance Analysis.
- Implemented Oracle 10g RAC with VCS, Oracle 11g RAC with Oracle Clusterware and ASM.
- Worked closely with business and development team to design and setup POC 2 nodes 11g RAC test environment.
- Provide solutions for Database High Availability, Disaster Recovery Process. Define strategies for backups and recovery; implement database changes for longer-term system performance and capacity growth. Configure and support RMAN running with Netbackup.
- Migrated Oracle8i database to Oracle9i using Quest Shareplex, Oracle Patching and Instance Installation.
- Setup Oracle 10g Grid Control to monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain Oracle 10g RAC database. Also, worked on Oracle 9i Enterprise Management Server.
- Interfaced with project management, development and QA teams for release management, infrastructure support teams on production performance issues, trouble-shooting, query optimization, application server issues and enterprise production change control management (ECM) and methodology.
- Designed and Reviewed†EMC SAN†storage system layout and headroom capacity.
Confidential,†New York, NY†
March 1999-September 2000, Database Management Analyst
- Supported the online e-commerce site and production databases.
- Designed and implement performance monitoring structures supporting mission critical web-site.
- Designed technical and documentation standards for all database development efforts. Created standards for db object nomenclature, naming conventions.
- Provided consulting services to various departments and divisions of IT and the user community.
- Conducted user education sessions and lectures.
- Designed and implemented capacity planning and resource allocation standards and procedures.
- Interface with vendors to access and maintain enhanced level of performance and services according to company and department policies.
- Created RMAN Recovery Catalog on the Management Server, RMAN Backup & Restore
- Conceptual and Physical Design, built database creation scripts.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIOANL TRAINING
Confidential College†,†Master of Science in Computer Science
- Oracle 11g RAC, Oracle 11g RAT Workshop
- Oracle 10g RAC and 10g Dataguard
- Oracle 9i RAC and New Features
- Oracle Database Performance Tuning
- Oracle Backup and Recovery
- Sybase ASE Administration 15
- Sybase Replication Server Administration
- Veritas VCS 5.0 Administration
- Sun Cluster 3.2 Administration
- IBM AIX System Administration
- EMC Storage Administration, EMC 2003 Seminar