- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist with over 7+ years of experience as Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2 and hands on Experience in installing, configuring, managing, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2005/2008
- Seven years of experience in design, development & analysis of SQL Server 2005/2008 and SQL Server Business Intelligence tools (BIDS) - SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- In-depth knowledge of Transact-SQL (DDL,DML)
- Excellent skills in implementing ETL Packages using DTS and SSIS 2008/2005
- Extensive experience in BI Solution (ETL & Reporting) Using SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS
- Extensive Experience in RDBMS concepts such as Tables, User Defined Data Types, Indexes, Indexed Views, Functions, CTE’s, Table Variables and Stored Procedures
- Good understanding of ACID properties, RDBMS, Normalization /De-normalization and database modeling.
- Implemented Triggers at different levels of Database Objects to apply Security Constraints.
- Good at improving Performance using Table Indexes, Indexed Views by implementing Schema Bindings.
- In-depth knowledge of Transact-SQL (DDL, DML, DCL) and design and normalization of the database tables.
- Experience in SQL Optimizing by using SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Database Tuning Advisor, DBCC Commands, DMV’s, DMFs and Query Execution Plans.
- Expertise in installing and configuring SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2008 R2 on Windows Environment and managing the database using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Involved in optimizing code and improving efficiency in database including re-indexing, updating statistics, recompiling, stored procedures and performing other maintenance tasks.
- Experience in using Performance Monitor/Profiler to solve Dead Locks/Long running queries.
SQL Integration Services (DTS/SSIS):
- Performing Data transfers between different homogeneous/heterogeneous systems (Excel, MS Access, Oracle and DB2) and SQL Server as a part of Data Migration, Data Maintenance and other ETL tasks
- Involved in conversion of DTS to SSIS packages and troubleshooting the migration issues
- Well-versed in usage of SSIS Control Flow items(for Loop, Execute package/SQL tasks, script task, send mail task) and SSIS Data Flow items (Conditional Split, Data Conversion, lookup, Merge Join, Sort and Derived Column)
- ETL Expertise in using SSIS, Bulk Insert, BCP, Creation and Development of SSIS Packages.
- Worked with Flat file, Excel file, SQL server OLEDB destinations for Loading data.
- Generated VB and C# scripts used for Script task. Script task is primarily to control the flow of SSIS package
SQL Reporting Services (SSRS):
- Experience in generating Ad-Hoc, Drill down, Drill Through reports using Local and Global Variables, Expressions and Filters in SSRS.
- Good understanding ofMicrosoft ReportingService(SSRS)with Report authoring, Report management, Report delivery andReport security.
- Worked with report manager for deploying the reports across all the environments
- Expert at developing ETL interfaces using SSIS and enterprise reports using SSRS utilizing latest versions (2005/2008) & features
- Created various SSRS Reports involving variety of features like Reports,Charts,Filters,Sub-Reports,DrillDown,Drill-Through,Multi-valued parameters etc
- Integration of SSRS Reports using various web parts into Share point (MOSS 2007) and various delivery mechanisms
SQL Analysis Service(SSAS)
- Strong knowledge in Star and Snow-flake schemas and OLAP modeling which involved in creating data source views with added measures, dimensions, calculations and actions in SSAS
- Experience in Data Warehouse Modeling withSQL Server Analysis Service(SSAS). Worked on creation and deployment of cubes on SSAS for data with pre-calculated aggregations and also in summarized fashion which can be modeled into a report accordingly.
- Sound knowledge in Data Modeling (Logical and Physical Design of Databases), Normalization and Extraction, Transformation, Loading (ETL) data from various sources into Data Warehouses and Data Marts using various ETL tools.
- Expertise in MDX to create Named Sets, Named Members, Calculated Members and other calculations.
- SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Configuration Manager, Database Engine Tuning, Dynamic Management Views and Functions
- RDBMS: SQL Server 2008/2005, Oracle 9i/8.0, MS Access, DB2, MS Excel, DB2, Teradata, Sybase.
- Productivity Applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project
- ETL: SSIS
- BI Tools: SQL Server Reporting Tools (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), SQL Server Analytical Services (SSAS), Performance Point Server 2007
- Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, .NET, SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL
- Operating Systems: Windows 98, Windows 2000 Advanced Server/Professional, Windows Server 2003, Windows NT, Windows XP Professional/Standard, Windows Vista Business/Ultimate, Windows 7 Ultimate, Linux, Unix
- DBA Tools: Import/Export, SQL*Loader, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio (BIDS), SQL Profiler, Teradata, Query Analyzer.
- BS, Engineering, Confidential, India
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist in SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist in SQL Server 2008, Database Development
Confidential – BI Developer (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS) Westchester, IL
The Company gets salvaged cars from insurance companies like Geico, State Farm, Farmers, etc. The Company either buy the cars from them and auction the salvaged cars or just auction their cars on their behalf. Once the car is sold through the highest bid, the buyer either recycles/rebuilds the car or resells the car or sells the parts from the car based on his license.
- Used ETL (SSIS) to develop jobs for extracting, cleaning, transforming and loading data into data warehouse
- Involved in the Migration of Databases from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008
- Prepared the complete data mapping for all the migrated jobs using SSIS
- Involved in Performance tuning of ETL transformations, data validations and stored procedures
- Developed SSIS Packages to perform Data loads from various types of sources files (EXCEL, Access, Flat files)
- Wrote Stored Procedures / Transact-SQL scripts, Altered/Re-indexed tables as per the business need.
- Developed, tested and implemented Referential Integrity rules and regulations through constraints, triggers and views, partitioned views.
- Involved in monitoring database maintenance plans for checking database integrity, data optimization, rebuilding indexes and updating statistics.
- Created and modified complex TSQL batches / stored procedures. Involved in creating new Stored Procedures and Optimizing existing queries and Stored Procedures.
- Scheduled Cube Processing from Staging Database Tables using SQL Server Agent
- Working knowledge in Data modeling, creating star and snowflake schemas in SSAS
- Processed cube to perform incremental updates
- Involved in designing, developing and deploying reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2008 in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS)
- Designed and developed various types of reports using SSRS
- Created parameterized reports, Drill down and Drill through reports using SSRS
- Deployedanduploaded the SSRS reportstoSharePoint Serverfor the end users and involved in enhancements and modifications
- Published reports on to Share-Pointandcreated Web Parts in Share-Pointto show various reports generated fromExcel andSSRSin one Page.
- Involved in maintaining daily tasks including backup and restore from disaster recovery by using SQL Server 2008 tools like SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler
- Involved in De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
- Involved in development, enhancement, testing and performance tuning of the application.
- Ensured best practices are applied and integrity of data is maintained through security and documentation.
- Created and Configured Data Source & Data Source Views, Dimensions, Cubes, Measures, Partitions, KPI’S & MDX Queries using SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services (SSAS).
MS SQL Server 2005/2008, SSIS,SSAS,SSRS, T-SQL, Visual Studio 2005, MS Office, SQL Profiler, Windows 2000/2003 ADO.NET,ASP.NET.
Confidential – Sr.SQL/SSIS/SSRS / BI Developer Chicago, IL
State Farm Insurance is a private mutual company that focuses on property, casualty and auto insurance, but also offers commercial insurance, life, health, and homeowner’s coverage, as well as investment and retirement-planning products Responsibilities.
- Understanding the report design Requirements and Constraints.
- Creating Database objects – Tables, Views, and Functions and developing procedures for implementing application functionality at the database side for performance improvement.
- Design and implementation of Security Model, Policies and Procedures.
- Performing query plans and making sure each and every query is using appropriate useful Indexes
- Creating and Modifying T-SQL Stored Procedures/Triggers for validating the integrity
- Used Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler for Monitoring memory, processor, Disk I/O, SQL Queries, other etc.
- Rebuilding Indexes and Tables as part of performance tuning exercise.
- Deployed the created SSIS packages in Development and Testing environments.
- Used SSIS to create ETL Packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases
- Generated packages using different Transformations like Lookups, Derived Column, Merge Join, Fuzzy Lookup, For Loop, For Each Loop, Conditional Split, Union all, Script component and etc
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- VB.Net and other .NET languages C# used for Script task. Script task is primarily to control the flow of SSIS package
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) with proficiency in using Report Designer as well as Report Builder.
- Developed custom reports and deployed them on server using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Drill-down, Parameterized and Sub-Reports using RDL.
- Promoted RDLs to Reporting Service Server (SSRS).
- Designed and developed Datamart using SSAS.
- Build Cubes on Enterprise Date Warehouse (EDW).
- Analyzed and created Multidimensional Cubes in Facts and Dimension Tables using SSAS.
- Performed DBCC checks and fixing data corruption in Application databases.
- Scheduled Backups and performed Restore operations for system test data.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005, Query Analyzer, DTS 2000, SSIS 2005, T-SQL, Excel, SSRS 2005 , Windows 2000/XP, SSAS 2005, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, Visual Basic 6.0, ASP.NET, C#, Microsoft Visual Studio.
Confidential – SQL Server Developer Rhode Island, NY
Royal bank of Scotland Group, Inc. is a $132 billion commercial bank holding company. It is headquartered in Providence, RI, and through its subsidiaries has more than 1,500 branches, more than 3,800 ATMs and 21,140 employees. It operates its branch network in 12 states and has non-branch retail and commercial offices in more than 30 states.
- Involved in developing database objects such as procedures, triggers, constraints, indexes and views. Used T-SQL to build dynamic stored procedures.
- Created complex views, stored procedures and SQL Queries
- Performed maintenance review, SQL optimization, and disaster recovery planning and testing
- Troubleshoot system issues, monitored scheduled jobs and set up maintenance plans for proactively monitoring the performance of the SQL Server databases
- Performed daily tasks including backup and restore
- Wrote stored procedures/functions required in the system as part of enhancement as well for consolidated report
- Optimized and tuned SQL procedures to reduce loading process
- Scheduled Jobs and Alerts using SQL Server Agent
- Worked closely on database performance, tuning, backup planning and database administration
- Involved in capacity planning in estimating and sizing of tables
- Created Test sets by grouping tests to meet various testing goals and executed tests manually
- Extensively involved in User Acceptance Testing and Performance Testing for SQL Queries
- Used Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler to optimize queries and enhance the performance of database servers
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, Query Analyzer, SSIS 2005, T-SQL, Excel, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services 2005 (SSRS) , Windows 2000/XP
Confidential – SQL Developer/SSIS/SSRS Florida, MI
- Involved in the entire System study, analysis and Design.
- Extensive experience in data migration between homogenous and heterogeneous system using various tools (Data Transformation Services (DTS), BCP, SSIS).
- Administered the day-to-day operations of the financial system, making sure all processes run effectively.
- Experienced in Extraction Transformations and Loading (ETL) tools like Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SSIS.
- Worked on optimization and tuning of SQL queries and indexes.
- Created matrix reports, drill down reports anddevelopedreports with graphs using SSRS.
- Createddifferenttype of reports with charts using SSRS.
- Installation, configuration of MS SQL Server 2000 for development and testing purpose
- Involved in developing database objects such as triggers, constraints, indexes and views.
- Used T-SQL to build dynamic stored procedures.
- Managed Database files, transaction log and estimated space requirements.
- Developed Database Triggers to enforce Data integrity and additional Referential Integrity.
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases. Using joins, database links and formatted the results into reports and kept logs.
- Responsible for developing automation of maintenance jobs, tuning SQL Server locks and indexes configurations, administering SQL Server security.
- Designed and implemented several complex reports and administration modules.
- Created DTS package to schedule the jobs for batch processing.
- Involved in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Database consistency checks using DBCC utilities.
- Involved implementing Disaster Recovery for minimal downtime using different types of database backups, restore, and replication.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005 Enterprise, Windows Enterprise Server 2003,IIS 6.0, .NET, Microsoft Visio 2003, SFTP, Microsoft Reporting Service(SSRS) and SSIS.
Confidential – SQL Developer/DBA Hyderabad, India
- Analyzed business requirements and build logical data models that describe all the data and relationships between the data.
- Created new database objects likeProcedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, IndexesandViewsusingT-SQLinSQL Server 2000.
- Created databases, formulated procedures for user account management
- Monitored databases and performed relevant administrative tasks
- Modified and defined database objects as per requirements and written procedures, triggers and shell scripts.
- Reviewing of database design document and creating ER diagrams, providing conceptual and logical data model and translating into physical database.
- Have worked on different environments like test, development and production databases.
- Have worked on backup/recovery, performance tuning.
- Cloned databases for development/testing environments.
- Provided partitioningof the large tables to reduce the access time.
- Performed heavy data loads using SQL *Loader, Export, Import for loading and backup of data
- Administered all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.