- Work experience in insurance, healthcare, pharmaceutical, utility, communications and consulting industries
- Extensive healthcare background includes hands - on with ICD9, HL7 and EDI coding with various toolsets and scenarios.
- Prepared project design specifications, test plans and project documentation for numerous projects
- Author newsletters, training material and presentations for in house employees and professional organizations
- Extensive experience in the Information Systems profession with expertise working with various computing environments.
- Very skilled working with healthcare data from both the provider and insurer perspective.
- Highly motivated professional who is a self starter requiring minimum supervision.
- Ability to work closely with both business clients and technical staff to ensure project team success.
- Capable of and willing to identify application issues and see them to resolution.
- Skilled at working with extremely large databases to provide maximum throughput while maintaining data integrity including data modeling and security.
Operating Systems: MVS, JCL, TSO, Unix, DEC/VAX, Windows NT, OS, MS DOS, MS Windows, Linux
Hardware: IBM 370, DEC PDP11, Prime, Sun Solaris, Personal Computers
Database Products and Tools: DB2, MS Access, SSIS, SSRS, FOCUS, Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle, SQL, GQL, MySQL, Crystal Reports, QMF, VSAM, Cognos
Miscellaneous: Net Fusion Objects, HTML, MQ Series, MVS Utilities, Networking, Web Services, MS Office, Navision, Oracle APEX, XML, RSS, X12, Joomla
- Daily activity includes generating financial commercial reports from complex VBA applications.
- Interface with Oracle, DB2 applications using MS Access and Excel
- On course to promote work to a Data Warehouse/Data/Mart environment
- Using large enterprise MS SQl Server databases to create views, stored procedures and Crystal Reports.
- Routine activity included working with medical and IT staff to provide quality reporting solutions, on - call support and technical assistance.
- Play a key role in system testing and product upgrades.
Senior Business Information AnalystResponsibilities:
- Interacted with very large enterprise Teradata and department MS SQl Server databases.
- Routine activity included querying, porting, scripting and analyzing data for the Wellpoint Business Marketing Division.
- Toolsets employed include, but not limited to, SSIS, MS Visual Studio, Teradata SQL Assistant and Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Flexibility given with respect to project delivery packages.
- Prepared Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Wells Database upgrade .
- DCNR upgrade performed in in M.S. SQL Server environment.
- Responsible for PA Department of Health Cancer Registry
- Included maintaining MS SQL Server databases, .Net web applications and user support
- Data supplied by hospitals and labs whereas software was supplied federally and developed in-house
Healthcare System AdministratorResponsibilities:
- Supervised database reporting, data security and vendor interface of HII/TIME application.
- Was responsible for all data porting and security planning during HII/TIME conversion.
- Developed and/or supervised Crystal Reports to serve both the financial and clinical divisions of DCA
- Developed PERL scripts to manage data migration, HL7 and ICD9 coding efforts.
- Built Contract Management Database to record payer rates and and other negotiated detail
- Teamed with middle and senior management in setting company technical direction and goals
- Database hosts include MS SQL Server, Progress and MS Access
- Lead Programmer/Analyst for IS intranet web site.
- Became very proficient with Interwoven TeamSite web content management toolset
- ISG Central required taxonomy development and usability studies
- ISG Central reconstruction project in process to rework TeamSite technology with IBM WCM portal technology
Planning Database Project / Product Inventory DatabaseResponsibilities:
- Modeled, maintained and supported Oracle databases which were used to support IS project planning and manage IS product inventory
- Built applications using Oracle APEX web development tool
- These applications required constant interface with Oracle DBA, data security and IS management.
- Many management reports from the Oracle database were built using tools such as Cognos
- Web applications were accessed via enterprise intranet site
- Constructed query tools for end users which computerized order research
- Combined data stored in DB2, Oracle and Access databases
- End user products included Crystal Reports, Cognos Reports and XML extracts
- Incorporated skills such as VB, SQL and PL/SQL