- Over 13 years IT working experience, 13+ years’ solid working experience in SQL Server database development and administration performed with DBA duties all in enterprise environment, also including Teradata, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, MySQL, etc.
- Working knowledge and experiences of installing, configuring and managing SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 , migrating existing applications to SQL Server 2008/2012/2014. Database backup/restoration/upgradation, security management, data integration and synchronization, also including Teradata, Oracle, MySQL, etc. Outstanding knowledge of high availability SQL Server solutions, including replication, mirroring, log shipping and clustering.
- Working experience with SQL Server and T - SQL (13+ years of experience) in maintaining system security (e.g., manage user logins, grant access roles and create services account), constructing triggers, tables, user functions, views, indexes, stored procedures, user profiles, relational database models, and data integrity.
- Database architecture design, data modeling (conceptual, logical and physical) using Confidential .
- Data warehousing and analysis skills: ETL tools, OLTP, OLAP (MOLAP, HOLAP, and ROLAP), UDM, Data Mining, MDX, Transactional and Multi-Dimensional modeling skills (star schema and snowflake schema).
- Expert experience with the MS BI stack including Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS), Reporting Services (SSRS). Other BI data visualization tools like Microstrategy, Tableau.
- Strong performance tuning, troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Excellent communication skills, proactive, self-managing and teamwork spirits.
Confidential, Denton, TX
SQL Server/BI Developer/ DBA/DW Architect
- Data warehouse architecture. Multiple source system identification. Data cleansing. Data mapping. Data modeling. NDS. DW, DDS, ETL/ELT. Cube creation. Data analysis. Data mining. Created reports/dashboards through SSRS,Microstrategy. Published to web portal/Sharepoints,or released to end users.
- Maintenance and ad-hoc development related to servers, databases, tables, views, index, SQL jobs, SSIS packages, OLAP cubes, SSRS reports.
- Database performance maintenance: monitored server activities, patching, database consistency, index defragmentation, statistics updates, partitioning, shrinking, replication, log shipping, data backup & restoration strategy, disaster recovery.
- Report/dashboard visualization through Microstrategy. Installation and configuration of Microstrategy developer,desktop,web server. Maintenance of metadata. Microstrategy update, security, troubleshooting. Created reports/dashboards. Released to end users.
- Project management. Proposed future project plans. Trained new team members. System support. Maintained daily, weekly, monthly, annual reports. Managed multiple projects: XIFIN system (Billing), CLIN1-LIS system(LIS), CRM(Tickets,Orders,Sales),ERP,Mirth/HL-7(interface integration),ad-hoc request of new function addition into current systems, design/development/test of web portals.
Environment: Oracle, MySQL,Teradata, Sybase, SAS, Sharepoint, ERP,EMR, PowerShell, Power BI, Informatica, C#, ASP.NET.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Business Intelligence (BI) Developer/ Database Administrator
- Created data mart from scratch to enable tracking, managing and reporting on this critical remediation strategy. Designed and created a snowflake-schema Data Mart in SQL Server 2012 with Confidential .
- SSIS packages were created to load data into the data mart from different sources. Created SSIS packages to load the staging tables, data marts, and to run jobs.
- Created Views and Table-valued Functions to provide the reporting solutions. Stored procedures were created to load data and to log errors in ETL.
- Created OLAP cubes to analyze the performance from different perspectives. Utilized SSAS cubes for reporting needs. Designed and developed BI solutions using multidimensional cubes including MOLAP and ROLAP.
- Created SSRS Reports based on user’s requirement. Maintained reporting applications, provided ad hoc query/reporting support as needed to meet business and customer demands.
- DBA duties: deployed all the data mart objects and SSIS packages to SQL Server 2012 production server, and jobs were scheduled run the packages.
- DBA duties: Scheduled and monitored all maintenance activities including database consistency check, index defragmentation, statistics updates, partitioning, shrinking, replication, log shipping, data backup & restoration strategy, disaster recovery.
- Performance tuning tools: SQL Server Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Performance Monitor, Activity Monitor, Dynamic management views (DMVs).
Environment: MySQL, Oracle, Teradata, Access, SAS,Linux,.NET, PL/SQL, MDX, TFS,Sharepoint, QlikView, Microstrategy, Power BI, Python,Excel, C#, VBScript, PowerShell, Informatica.
Confidential, New York, NY
SQL Server BI Developer/ Database Administrator
- Scheduled and monitored maintenance activities of SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 to meet business requirements activities including database consistency check, index defragmentation, data backup & restoration strategy, etc. Maintained SQL Jobs which refresh Data Warehouse, process cubes, and backup databases.
- Migrated the databases, cubes, packages from SQL 2008 to SQL 2012 based on the business requirements.
- Designed and implemented snowflake -schema Data Warehouse in SQL Server based on the existing data warehouse.
- Modified and tuned existing SSIS packages. Created new SSIS packages to load the staging tables, data marts. Created SSIS packages with which data from different resources were loaded daily in order to create and maintain a centralized data warehouse. Made the package dynamic so it fits the environment.
- SSAS cube designing and construction. Maintained SSAS services.
- Managed and developed existing and new ETL processes for SQL Server reports. Refreshed staging tables with ETL. Scaled SSIS to make it work more reliable. Wrote enterprise reports and stored procedures upon requests. Designed report models to meet business requirements and allowed users to perform fast queries.
- Created views and functions to provide the reporting solutions. Created SSRS reports to demonstrate how they work and what reports they can provide.
- Database architecture design. Data modeling using Confidential .
- Performance tuning. Optimized databases, managed system securities, tracked logs and issues. Troubleshot issues in jobs, reports, SSIS packages. Trained the business users to create Ad hoc reports of their own.
- More DBA duties: Scheduled and monitored maintenance activities of SQL Server to meet business requirement activities including database consistency check, data backup & restore strategy, index defragmentation. Managed the production, development, and test database including access controlling, high availability, performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning. Maintained SQL jobs which refresh Data Warehouse, process cubes, and backup databases. Migrated the databases, cubes, packages from SQL 2005/2008 to SQL 2008/2012 based on the business requirements. Monitored the status of all databases and servers including CPU, memory, I/O, space management, block, and dead lock.
Environment: Sybase,Teradata,Access, SAS, Linux, .NET, Java, PL/SQL, MDX, LiteSpeed, TFS, Sharepoint, QlikView, Crystal, Tableau, Cognos,Microstrategy,Excel, Python,etc.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
Business Intelligence (BI) Developer/ Database Administrator
- Installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of system hardwares, softwares and related infrastructures. Technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructures.
- Designed, created, optimized and maintained SQL Server database, Teradata, Oracle, Sybase, including objects, tables, views, functions, and stored procedures.
- Performance tuning, integrity, and security of databases in a complex enterprise environment. Also included the planning, development and troubleshooting of Microsoft SQL databases across production and development environments. Resolved database performance and capacity issues, and replication and other distributed data issues.
- Supported and maintained all database servers across production, development, staging and disaster recovery environments. Monitoring of database system utilization and query performance. Maintained and improved security of data access through proper database system architecture, policies and procedures.
- Analyzed business requirements and built logical data models that describe all the data and relationships between the data. Generated database schema through reverse engineer databases into Confidential . Designed and implemented snow-flake schema Data Warehouse in SQL Server based on the existing instances.
- Developed new ETL processes to populate the Data Warehouse, and process cubes. Tuned and optimized SSIS packages.
- SSAS cube designing and construction. Maintain SSAS services.
- Reviewed and analyze existing Business Intelligence reporting system. Designed and implemented Ad hoc report models based on all kinds of data sources, set up and implemented standards for SSRS environments. Monitored and tuned the performance of certain report generation process.
- Researched reporting procedures, analyzed reporting needs, combined and improved existing reports, developed 300+ new reports. Developed and maintained documentation related to reporting.
- Used SQL Profiler for troubleshooting, monitoring, optimizing SQL Server and T-SQL statement from developers and testers.
Environment: DB2,Access,Unix, Linux,.NET, Java, Sharepoint, LiteSpeed, Informatica, Qlikview, Excel,etc.
Confidential, Lincoln, NE
SQL Server Developer/ Database Administrator
- Installed, configured and managed SQL 2005 Servers, migrated existing applications/jobs/maintenance plans to SQL 2005, transferred/rewrote Confidential packages to SSIS programs.
- Managed data and systems, and provided support in business recovery plans. Developed processes and procedures for ongoing management of the data backup, storage, and server environment. Diagnosed, resolved, and documented hardware and software issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and provided and supported where required. Configured, installed, and managed data backups for applications and systems. Regular maintenance of servers, backup software, and storage tools through the installation of software upgrades, patches, and hardware upgrades. Backed up and restored databases; developed backup strategy and restore procedures.
- Carried out regular checks on the status of servers, storage, and tape libraries from a hardware and software standpoint.
- Researched the resolution of server and storage related software problems, administration security and backup procedures for servers.
- Database planning in relation to physical and logical data architecture. Created data-related documentation. Data modeling of project management process.
- Created SSIS packages to load the staging tables, data marts.
- Created OLAP cubes. Maintained SSAS services.
- Created SSRS reports to provide business users with nice visibility and improve project managing efficiency. Created SSRS subscription to provide spreadsheets for weekly presentations to management.
Environment: Sybase,Teradata, Oracle, Access,Unix, Linux, .NET, Java, Sharepoint, Informatica, PL/SQL, Tableau, Excel,etc.