- A highly motivated and solid skilled Microsoft SQL Server and BI developer with proven expertise in using T - SQL, SQL Server and MS BI Stack.
- Having extensive industry and full life cycle experience in SQL Server database based environment, along with exceptional analytical, design and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work alongside and within a team. Looking for an ambitious company which will challenge my problem solving skills and allow me to continue to develop my knowledge and potential.
- 7 years experiences with Microsoft SQL Server database and business intelligence stack (SSIS/SSRS) development.
- Experienced in designing, developing, testing, and deploying high performance, dynamic featured ETL solutions with SSIS by best practices.
- Expert in Creating Indexes, Views, Triggers, effective Functions, and appropriate Stored Procedures to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Strong ability to explore complex database schemas independently with Transact-SQL. Advanced user of advanced SQL queries and stored procedures with multi-table joins, group functions, subqueries, set operations and functions.
- Good knowledge of relational database and data warehouse design and implementation, including normalization and denormalization process, Star/Snowflake schemas, and Facts/Dimensions tables.
- Solid knowledge and experience of Agile/Scrum software development life cycle and project management methodology.
- Experience to manage multiple priorities and handle multiple tasks. Strong skills in communicating with operational side and business partners. Eager to analyze and understand complex business logic and project requirements.
Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2008R 2/2012/2014/2016, Access, Oracle
Language: T-SQL, .NET/C#, PL/SQL, VBA, PowerShell
BI Tools: SSIS, SSRS, SAS, R
Dev Tools: Visual Studio, GitHub, SVN, SharePoint, Agile/Scrum, JIRA, AWS
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Microsoft Server T-SQL Developer / Consultant
- Served as Sr. SQL Developer contributor in the database implementation for the client multi-tier web solution. Created stored procedures, functions, to support web applications. Optimized slow SQL Queries.
- Consulted with the business to determine logical design for new business solutions according to existing data architecture. Performed code reviews, analyzed execution plans, and re-factored inefficient code.
- Participated in data warehouse design, responsible for source discovery, normalization and table schema adjustments.
- Developed SSIS packages and stored procedures to incrementally load daily source files and merge data from front desk databases into ODS/EDW. Architected business transformation layer in SQL Server to facilitate reporting.
- Used script tasks (.Net/C#) and third party components to work with daily files download/upload requirements on SFTP file system and Cloud Berry (AWSSDK). Handled various data vendor's daily issues, including file missing, header mismatch, naming mess-up and incomplete files etc.
- Performed different kinds of transformations by using in-built components and customized script components for data clean-up and standardization, including regular expressions.
- Optimized SSIS packages for processing large datasets by improving dataflow solutions (Datatype conversions & adjustments, buffer tuning, data filtering, parallel executions). Measured dataflow performance using Performance Monitor and log files, leveraged the use of relational engine and integration service engine.
- Collaborated with IT operations for support in problem resolution and root cause analysis. Support IT staff and business users in the development, usage and troubleshooting of database-driven applications.
- Developed SSRS reports and assisted on tracking subscription history and debugging.
Confidential, Pittsburg, PA
Sr. Microsoft SQL Server Developer / Consultant
- Created indexes, views, complex stored procedures, user defined functions and triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Collaborated with business users, and other team members to determine data extraction and transformation requirements.
- Extracted and Integrated data from heterogeneous data sources (Flat file, Excel, Access, XML, SQL Server, Oracle) to centralize SQL Server database using SSIS packages including data validation, transform, formatting, mapping.
- Optimized system performance by updating query structures and index strategies, performed tuning and issue tracking by using SQL Server Management Studio and SQL Server Profiler.
- Developed SSRS reports including dashboards, included advanced functions as parameters, drill-down prompts, linked reports, sub-reports. Configured and deployed reports to report server.
- Wrote, maintained and updated technical documentations.
- Provided on-call assistance as needed.
Microsoft SQL Server Developer / Consultant
- Worked with business analysts and business users to gather and interpret business requirements for financial and healthcare systems.
- Performed ad-hoc data analysis using advanced SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Implemented Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL) process by using transformations like Derived Column, Conditional Split, Aggregate, Lookup, sort and Data Conversion to load data into Data Warehouse.
- Implemented SSIS package configurations using environment variables, configuration files and configuration tables. Implemented packages deployments under package deployment mode.
- Generated business reports using SQL and SSRS, investigated and optimized reporting system performance by optimizing queries, and using report cache and snapshot, included data visualizations using Charts, Bars, Spark lines and maps.
- 24/7 on-call support for the production environment.