- Microsoft certified BI developer with close to 7 Years of experience in Database Design Development, ETL Implementation and support of OLAP/OLTP/Data warehouse systems using Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016 across various SDLC environments.
- Demonstrate professionalism, attention to detail, collaborative nature and a quick learner. Strong communicator exhibited by working closely with users to identify and resolve problems in addition to working well individually, as well as an effective team player.
- Strong experience in using the Microsoft Suite (Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio) (SQL) Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Good experience to integrate multiple data sources including but not limited to multiple RDBMS(SQL Server, DB2, Oracle), flat files (csv, excel, dat and xml)
- Experience in logical and physical Dimensional Modeling, Star Schema / Snowflake Schema, Fact and Dimensional tables and Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Excellent backend skills in creating SQL objects such as Tables, Complex Stored Procedures, Effective Functions, Views, Indexes, Triggers, Rules and SQL Performance Tuning to facilitate efficient data manipulation and consistency.
- Experience in Project Management and Software Development lifecycle including analysis of business function, software design, specifications and software development, testing and documentation, and planning for redesign or transition to another platform.
- Experienced in creating complex SSIS packages for ETL purposes. Data Migration, Data Conversions, Data Extraction/ Transformation/Loading (ETL) using DTS and SQL Scripts.
- Database development experience with Microsoft SQL Server in OLTP/OLAP environments using integration services (SSIS) for ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Loading).Database Administrative skills including, backups, recovery, database maintenance.
- Expert in creating indexes, Views, complex Stored Procedures, user defined functions, cursors, derived tables, common table expressions (CTEs) and Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Strong experience in client interaction and understanding business applications, Data Modeling, Data Mapping, Table Normalization, Optimization and Tuning.
- Well - organized, goal-oriented, highly motivated effective team member with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Experience with Data Visualization with SSRS, Power BI Desktop, and Power BI Services.
Operating Systems: Windows 98/2000/2003/ XP/NT/Vista/7, Windows Server 2003/2003 R2/2008/2008 R2
Database Tools: SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS), SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, Index Tuning Wizard
GUI Tools: SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010
OLAP Tools: SSAS, SSRS
Source Control Tools: Visual Source Safe 2005, Team Foundation Server 2010
ETL Tools: SSIS, Import/Export Wizard
SQL Server SSIS/SSRS ETL Developer
- Worked on all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes
- Designed and developed data warehouse, data marts and business intelligence using multi-dimensional models - star schema and snowflake schema.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases from various sources like Text Files, XML Files, Excel and Access.
- Created packages in SSIS with error handling as well as created complex SSIS packages using various transformations and tasks like Sequence Containers, Script, For loop and ForEach Loop Container, Execute SQL, Execute Package, Send Mail, File System, Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Derived Column, LookUp, Merge, Merge Join, Row Count, Sort, Union All, flat file source and destination, OLE DB source and destination, excel source and destination etc.
- Design, Implement and maintain Database Schema, Entity relationship diagrams, Data modeling, Tables, Stored procedures, Functions and Triggers, Constraints, Indexes, Schemas, Functions, Views, Rules, Defaults and complex SQL statement.
- Created trace in SQL Profiler and used Data base engine tuning advisor for Performance tuning on stored procedures and Scripts.
- Designed, developed and deployed SSRS reports that include; parameterized reports, snapshot reports cached reports, drill down reports, drill through reports, linked reports, click-through reports, SubReports, Gauges, Pie Chart, Bar Chart
- Created and Deployed reports to Report Manager and Troubleshooting for any error occur in execution.
- Scheduled the reports to run on daily and weekly basis in report manager and also email them to managers and analysts to review in excel spread-sheet.
Environment: SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008, SSIS, SSRS, BIDS, Excel, Notepad++, XML, Power BI
SQL Server BI/SSIS/SSAS/SSRS Developer
- Gathered business requirements, definition and design of data source and data flows.
- Designed SSIS packages to bring data from existing OLTP databases to the new data warehouse by performing different kinds of transformations like lookup transformations, merge joins, derived columns, merge join, conditional split, data conversion with multiple data flow tasks.
- Created complex SSIS packages using various transformations and tasks like Sequence Containers, Script, For loop and ForEach Loop Container, Execute SQL/Package, Send Mail, File System, Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Derived Column, Lookup, Merge Join, Union All, flat file source and destination, OLE DB source and destination, excel source and destination etc.
- Designed SQL database with control and audit schema tables to maintain historical data and error handling.
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production.
- Maintain and optimize the existing databases; monitor database performance and growth, performance tuning, generate reports according to the business requirements using SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) and populate data warehouse using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS).
- Improved Performance of the database by creating Clustered and non clustered Indexes and by optimizing the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler.
- Designed, developed and deployed SSRS reports that include; parameterized reports, snapshot reports cached reports, drill down reports, drill through reports, linked reports, click-through reports, SubReports
- Designed and develop Dashboards and Reports using SSRS.
- Developing OLAP cubes by identifying tables (fact and dimension), Data Source and Data Source Views, attributes and dimension members using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Designed and developed data warehouse, data marts and business intelligence using multi-dimensional models - star schema.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008, SSIS, SSRS, BIDS, Excel, Notepad++, XML, Power BI