- Five plus years of experience in Database Administration for large databases in SQL Server 2016, 2014, 2012 and 2008 R2
- Expertise in Database Administration on Production Server with server configuration, patch, upgrade, maintainence and migrate databases.
- Expertise in database Disaster Recovery procedures, developed and documented disaster recovery plans and backup and recovery strategies for production environment.
- Expertise and proficiency in SQL Server Security Management operations.
- Experience with High Availability solutions such as Cluster, Replication, Mirroring, AlwaysOn and Log Shipping.
- Worked on upgrading SQL Server 2005 to 2008 R2 and 2008 R2 to 2012, 2014 and 2016
- Expertise in troubleshooting SQL issues/performance problems, fine - tuning of databases, index Analysis and Monitored appropriate disk storage requirements for the databases by using execution plans, Trace, statistics, index tuning wizard
- Experience working in SharePoint 2010.
- Experience in data migration between two environments with SSIS and Export Import wizard.
- Strong experience in mentoring team members and writing documentation.
- Designed data Partitioning solutions for tables and indexes.
- Experience in maintenance plans to perform index de-fragmentation, reorganize index, rebuild index, and update the index statistics.
- Experience in using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and optimizing the queries, Extended Events, tracing long running queries and deadlocks.
- Experience in providing 24 x 7 production support and on call rotation.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2008 R2/2012, Windows XP/ Vista / 7, VMware 10
Database: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2005
Reporting/Migration Tool: SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), SSIS, Crystal Report
Other Tools: SharePoint 2010, Remedy Ticketing System, JIRA, ManageEngine.
MS Office: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Installed, configured and administrating SQL Server 2016, 2014 and 2012 in Production, Test and DEV environments.
- Responsible for tracking, resolving and documenting database related incidents and requests.
- Daily reviewing of SQL related processing (e.g.: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) and reporting to ensure SLAs are maintained.
- Working extensively on performance tuning using native tools like SQL Profiler, Extended Events, Performance Monitor, DBCC, Store Procedures, and DMVs.
- Responsible for the implementation of SQL database changes into the production environment ensuring adherence to production standards
- Responsible for maintaining and expanding disaster recovery documentation and procedures as they pertain to SQL processing and environments.
- Designing and implementing comprehensive Backup plan using SQL Server Maintenance Plan.
- Rebuilding and reorganizing indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
- Updating database systems by reviewing, planning, testing and installing database security patches and service packs.
- Set up and manage Transactional Log Shipping, SQL server Mirroring and Transactional Replication.
- Working on implementing AlwaysOn Availability Groups for High Availability and replicas for reporting and backup.
- Configured Database mail and alerts.
- Installed SQL Server 2014 and 2012 in all environments.
- Migrated database SQL server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2012 in Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Enterprise Edition
- Configured and maintained AlwaysOn Availibility Group in SQL Server 2012.
- Managed user permission by adding them in AD and user tables.
- Configured and managed replication such as Transactional, Merge and Peer to peer Replication
- Checked Database Health by using DBCC Commands and DMVs
- Rebuilding / monitoring the indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
- Monitor databases for block, dead lock, resource utilization by sessions, and captured long running queries.
- Configured and maintained maintenance plan for incremental backup plan for all databases.
- Monitored SQL server performance using SQL Profiler to find performance and deadlocks.
- Used SSIS tools of SQL Server to populate data from various data sources, deploying packages for different data loading operations for ETL application.
- Upgraded SQL server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2012 in Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Enterprise Edition
- Installed, Configured, and Managed SQL Server 2008, and 2012 in development, test and production environment
- Experience in Using DMVs, Performance Dashboard, and tracking Performance Counters
- Monitor, reorganize or rebuild indexes at regular intervals for better performance
- Recovering the databases from backup in disasters and Implementing Point-In-Time Recovery
- Responsible for monitoring and making recommendations for performance improvement in hosted databases. This involved index creation, index removal, index modification, file group modifications, and adding scheduled jobs to re-index and update statistics in databases.
- Extensively worked on Dynamic Management Views (DMV) in SQL Server 2008R2 & 2012
- Monitoring SQL server performance using SQL Profiler to find performance and deadlocks
- Extensively worked on Data Partitioning and Snapshot Isolation in SQL Server 2008
- Experienced in configuring log Shipping and Mirroring for SQL Server 2008 R2.