- Highly talented IT professional with almost 6 years of experience in Object Oriented programming and database development is looking for a contract opportunity. Applicant is highly analytical, self - motivated, team player and has exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication, self-starting attitude and leadership skills. Applicant is a US Citizen and has Secret Clearance from federal government.
- Professional Domain knowledge of Healthcare, Insurance and Banking with an aptitude to learn new domains
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC): Waterfall and Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Professional knowledge in support, development, test and production of SQL Server and MySQL Databases in 10+ Servers
- Comprehensive knowledge and Experience in Process Movement, normalization/de-normalization, data extraction, data cleansing and data manipulation
- Extensive professional knowledge and judgment to improve performance of MS SQL Server and MySQL applications
- Experience in Creating and Maintaining logical and physical database models in compliance with enterprise standards and metadata definitions
- Exceptional skills in gathering, analyzing and translating provided data
- Strong working experience in the Data Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing of Data Warehousing
- Professional experience in Testing and Integration environment.
- Professional knowledge at writing and running batch and bash scripts to perform desired tasks
- Professional experience creating and maintaining data structure to version control at enterprise level using programs like Git and SVN
- Extensive knowledge and skills to write SQL queries and Ad-hoc queries to check the database for accuracy using the tools like TOAD, SQuirreL SQL, SQL Developer, and MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008
- Proficient in creating UML diagrams, Wireframes, Mockup Screens, Prototypes and User Interfaces using Lucid Chart, MS Visio, SnagIt and Adobe Photoshop
- Effective communication with SCRUM Masters, functional analysts, programmers and engineers for the daily assignments and to track progress
Database: MS SQL Server, MySQL Server, Oracle
Language and Technologies: Java /J2EE, HTML5, PHP, Python, C++, XML, webMethods, Flex
Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Lucid Chart, ERwin, PicktoChart, MS Project
Tools: IIntelliJ IDEA, Data Modeler, Eclipse, NetBeans, SQL Server Management Studio, SQuirreL SQL Client, Apache Maven, Tomcat, Liferay, Git, SVN, Outlook, Notepad++
- Ensure the performance of WebMethods and Java/Flex developers meet the specified user story requirements and customer expectations of their deliverables
- Lead the AT21 process implementations by developing MySQL and MS SQL Server stored procedures; loading external data, developing and updating data flow diagrams, ER diagrams, and data dictionaries
- Develop stored procedures in MySQL and Microsoft SQL server in support of multiple applications
- Develop SQL unit test and expected results in support of multiple applications in multiple projects
- Perform customer requirements discussions, requirements planning and estimation using industry standards best practices
- Work with the project manager to do iteration and sprint planning concerning database requirements
- Collaborate with the SCRUM Master for the daily work assignments and track progress to support timely execution of schedules across the project
- Write Stored Procedures, Functions, Views and Triggers using MySQL and MS SQL Server
- Assist in the AT21 process implementation by developing MySQL and MS SQL Server stored procedures, updating data flow diagrams, ER diagrams, and data dictionaries
- Support development, test, and production databases to 30+ databases on 20 different servers
- Develop SQL unit tests and expected results in support of both MySQL and MS SQL Server
- Grant and revoke privileges
- Excellent use of ERwin to perform data model reverse engineer
- Troubleshoot and resolve various connectivity problems
- Monitor user sessions and take appropriate actions
- Perform advanced compression of large tables to increase performance and save the disk space
- Partition large tables to increase performance
- Set-up purging strategy on table to manage data life cycle
- Responsible for definition, documentation, and execution of all development plans, toll gates and specifications and reviews necessary to ensure the release of a fully functional system
- Perform customer requirements discussions, requirements planning and estimation
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with other team members in the AT21 project and the EIL Lab
- Automate execution process of MySQL and SQL Server scripts
- Work effectively in a team with Java/Flex/webMethods developers
- Write batch and bash scripts to effectively run SQL Scripts in different virtual environments
- Maintain and extend coverage along with creating appropriate tools, utilities, and automation scripts that assist in functional testing and creating test data
- Wrote SQL queries and stored procedures for updating and verifying information in the MySQL Server
- Led team initiative to increase performance of web-based applications that used MySQL in the backend
- Worked with team of 5 engineers and a business analyst to enhance the current capabilities
- Analyzed query and updated confidential data related to customer healthcare
- Led the development of new features in the website to store and analyze data to provide better customer satisfaction
- Created schema structure design and led optimization of data storage
- Led process improvement, normalization/de-normalization, data extraction, data cleansing, and data manipulation initiatives of A+ United Homecare.
- Wrote Stored Procedures, Functions, Views and Triggers using MySQL Server
- Performed hot and cold backups
- Tuned and optimized current applications and new applications
- Broke down large/complex problems and be involved in the process of design, implementation, and rollout of automation projects and solutions for databases
- Developed and participated in the review of business and functional requirements and determined primary functions that the project is to provide
- Wrote and ran batch and bash scripts to perform desired tasks
- Researched and recommended possible database tools to the DBA leadership team
- Ensured timely and accurate communication with multiple project managers and business leaders about respective project updates throughout the analysis and design phase
- Served on-call attending to problems and resolving database-related issues and requests
- Used SVN for version control to access common source code used by developers
- Participated in code-review, lunch-and-learns, and various team meeting like iteration review, iteration retrospectives and iteration planning
- Created templates, forums and interview documents by working with the development and the executive team
- Analyzed system requirements for data, workflow, logical and physical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and output
- Assisted BAs to create Use Cases and coordinated/participated in reviews, revisions, enhancements, testing, documentation and member notification of product enhancements and business opportunities.
- Designed and developed portal user interface using HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, including Bootstrap framework.
- Created XSDs as per business requirement and wrote validation code to verify data consumed by WebService requests
- Created new features accurately by developing testing plans and code implementation and by preparing system documentation, database modifications, and implementation
- Created database objects (tables, indexes, views) for current housing applications
- Performed SQL tuning to ensure database performance and availability
- Managed table space utilizing SQL developer
- Led team members with coding functions and questions to ensure thorough understanding of programming language and capabilities
- Enrolled users, assigned roles and maintained database security
- Ensured data integrity, data securing including creating users and assigning roles
- Identified problems or trends that could be addressed or avoided with specific training, documentation or broader solutions
- Updated and maintained an intranet site for the sharing of internal company documents on a daily basis
- Attended bi-weekly demo sessions and gathered necessary feedback from the product and technical teams.
- Involved in code-review sessions and attended daily standup meeting during Sprint cycles.
- Answered field onsite student questions regarding technology concerns they encounter
- Identified, diagnosed, and reported problems with hardware and software on lab computers, printers and scanners
- Taught residents use of basic computer applications like Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Web browsers
- Ensured constant operation of university computer labs by checking computer labs regularly
- Maintained an accurate inventory of lab supplies such as toners, printing papers, hubs, Ethernet cables, etc.
- Tested an IPhone/IPad/ Android app for University Dinning that allows students to check the dining options at different residence halls, add credit to their I-Card, etc.
- Acted as a liaison to educate technical teams about the requirement of clients.
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Delivered use cases using UML diagrams and s upported in developing Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Test Manuals.
- Created wireframes and mockups for the web development projects.
- Created Data mapping documents by using SQL queries.
- Answered, evaluated and resolved problems reported by end-users and upon requirement, escalated to IT management and other support teams.
- Documented and reported the issues and bugs found with the new mobile dinning app