- A highly motivated Business Intelligence(BI) Professional with around 8+ years of experience in using SQL Server and Microsoft BI suite of products.
- Strong experience in design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, and analysis of MS SQL Server Database related to Health Care, Insurance, Retail, Banking, and Financial Services domains.
- Comprehensive knowledge and exposure to different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Proficient in SQL Server and T - SQL (DDL and DML) in Constructing Tables, Normalization Techniques on Database Tables and established relationships between tables using Primary Keys & Foreign Keys.
- Expert in writing T-SQL queries, complex Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions (UDF), designing and implementing Database triggers, Views and Indexes.
- Expert in using tools SQL profiler and database tuning Advisor (DTA).
- Expert in Creating Joins and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables and Exceptional Handler.
- Very strong in creating and maintaining database objects like Indexes, Views, Stored Procedure, User Defined Functions, Triggers in SQL Server 2008.
- Expertise in Change Data Capture (CDC), Change Tracking (CT) in SQL server 2008.
- Efficient in building recursive queries using CTEs (Common Table Expressions). Experience in Data Modeling (Logical and Physical Design of Databases), Normalization/de-Normalization and building Referential Integrity Constraints.
- Experience in implementing different types of Replication models like Snapshot, Merge and Transactional.
- Experience in designing Database Models using MS Visio and Erwin
- Experience with Database Backup, disaster recovery and Disaster recovery drill.
- Knowledge of DB high availability concepts like MS SQL Clustering, replication and log shipping, DB Mirroring.
- Experience in query optimization, running DB Consistency Checks using DBCC commands.
- Expertise in Exception handling with @@error and with Try and catch.
- Created temporary tables and table variables while creating complex queries in SQL Server.
- Partitioned large tables using Partition Functions and Partition Schemas.
- Efficient in Implementing Transactions in Stored Procedures.
- Extensive experience in developing web applications and web services using Microsoft .NET technologies ASP.NET, C#, .NET Framework, TFS and SQL Server.
- Proficient in front end UI development using HTML , CSS , Java Script and jQuery.
- Proficient in RDBMS concepts including writing Stored procedures and functions using TSQL in MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012 and good experience on PL/SQL in Oracle 8i/9i/11g and also MS Access.
- Working with team of developers on designing, developing and implementing a BI solution for Sales, Product and Customer KPIs.
- Developed a 360 business dashboard with multiple panels and parameters that became a favorite sales tool for most of the sales force at CE.
- Worked on Power BI Power Pivot to develop data analysis prototypes.
- Proficient in creating Power BI Dashboards and Visualizations.
- Worked extensively on creating Relationships, Measures, Calculated Columns, Tooltips in the Power BI.
- Expert in using DAX and KPIs in the Power BI.
- Experience in publishing Power BI Desktop reports created in Report view to the Power BI service.
- Efficient in using Power View and Power Map to visualize reports.
- Expert in Query Tuning, including Updating Statistics, Re-building and Re-organizing Indexes.
- Worked extensively with Dynamic Management views and Functions (DMV) to resolve performance based issues on the server.
- Thorough knowledge of addressing Performance Issues and Involved in Index tuning, Data profiling and other database related activities.
- Resolved issues with Indexes, Blocking and locking issues to remove the performance bottlenecks and used Profiler to solve Dead Locks
- Experience in Diagnosing and Troubleshooting performance issues in SQL Server Databases using DMV’ Confidential and DTA.
- Implementation of Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) platforms including SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Proficient in creating dynamic packages for Incremental Loads and Data Cleaning in Data Warehouse using SSIS.
- Experience in maintaining Batch and Error Logging with Event Handlers and Configuring Connection Managers using SSIS.
- Expertise in Merging data from various Data sources (Oracle, SQL Server, Access, Excel, Flat Files and XML) using Connectors, tasks, transformations, Populating Dimension and Fact tables in Data warehouses and Data Marts, Cleaning and Standardizing data loaded into OLTP and OLAP databases using SSIS.
- Proficient in developing Tabular Data Models in SSAS .
- Implemented DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) functions for SSAS tabular models and Excel pivot tables.
- Created SSIS packages to process fact and dimension tables with Slowly Changing Dimensions type 1 and type 2 changes.
- Experience in developing, configuring and deploying SSIS packages and providing security
- Worked in creating and managing Event Handlers, Package Configurations, Logging, System and User-defined Variables for SSIS Packages.
- Expert in using of SSIS Control Flow items (For Each Loop, execute package/SQL tasks, Script task, and Send mail task) and SSIS Data Flow items (Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Fuzzy lookup, Fuzzy Grouping, Pivot).
- Proficiency in creating complex reports like Cascading, Parameterized, Crosstabs, Conditional, Pie Chart, Drill-down, Top N, and Dash Board Reports.
- Expertise in creating Report Models for building Ad hoc reports using SSRS.
- Proficient in building Star schema and Snow Flake schema depending on business requirements.
- Proficient in building Cubes, defining Referenced Relationships and creating Hierarchies in SSAS.
- Worked on building a Data Warehouse and implementing an ETL solution for loading Data warehouse.
Data Warehousing & BI: SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, DTS)
Reporting Tools: SSRS 2012/2008/2005/2000 , Crystal Reports XI/X/9/8, Excel, Tableau, Power BI.
Database: MS SQL Server 2014/2008/2005/2000 , Oracle 10g/9i/8i, MYSQL, MS-ACCESS.
Web Technologies: Share point, HTML, CSS, XML
IT Processes: Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Project Management
Productivity Applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project, Visio
Operating System: Windows Vista/NT/XP/98/95, Windows 2003/2000 Server, UNIX, Macintosh
Application Servers: Microsoft IIS 6.0/5.0/4.0, Apache.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
SQL/SSRS/Power BI Developer
- Coordinated with business users in gathering requirements for data deliverables to ensure an understanding of their purpose and provide a technical perspective on requirements.
- Worked with ETL team with the efforts to populate the Data Model.
- Developed Tabular Model infrastructure in SSAS for various Lines of Business and created over 30 different interactive Dashboards using various visualizations in Power BI Desktop.
- Created multiple dimensions, perspectives, hierarchies, and dynamic measures(DAX) to analyze performances of each Confidential .
- Developed Custom Visualizations to suit the best of business needs.
- Primarily worked on producing Monthly and Daily reports in Power BI.
- Performed technical analysis to identify options for providing functionality. Presented the strengths and weaknesses of various options, propose an approach that best addresses requirements and constraints, and estimate effort to deliver.
- Created performance tuning methods on measures (DAX) for the reporting team using Dax Studio and SQL Profiler.
- Created designs and process flow on to how standardize Power BI Dashboards to meet the requirements of the business.
- Worked with other team members (Data Analysts, Data SMEs and Data Architects/Modelers) to design the source of data required and details about the meaning and structure of the data necessary to properly use it.
- Involved in the Unit testing, Quality Assurance testing and User Approval testing of Power BI reports and modifying the code accordingly to match user’ Confidential business requirements.
- Prepare and Distribute Financial Reports using SSRS to internal and provide recommendations for client’ Confidential strategic decision making
- Resolve production issues related to the SSRS reports and create ad-hoc financial reports for the clients
- Reconcile general ledger and various revenue and expense accounts on monthly basis.
- Performed scenario analyses to align operational and financial resources with growth objections.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI Desktop, SharePoint, TFS, Visual Studio 2015, DAX Studio
SQL BI /SSIS/SSRS/Power BI Developer
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Cursors, Tables, Views, Indexes and other SQL joins and T-SQL statements.
- Worked on MS SQL Server tasks such as data loading, batch jobs, BCP, Linked Servers.
- Designed and implemented Stored Procedures and Triggers for automating tasks.
- Used Try catch and @@error for exceptional handling.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages for new ETL Processes and upgraded the existing DTS packages to SSIS for the on-going ETL Processes.
- Extracted data from various sources like SQL Server, Oracle, CSV, Excel and Text file from Client FTP servers.
- Successfully migrated SSIS packages from development to test to Production environments using SSIS Configuration files and deployment wizard.
- Used various SSIS transformations such as Conditional Split and Derived Column which were used for Data Scrubbing, data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into Production tables.
- Configured SQL mail agent for sending automatic emails when a SSIS package is failed or succeed.
- Actively involved in developing Complex SSRS Reports involving Sub Reports, Matrix/Tabular Reports, Charts and Graphs.
- Configured and maintained Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS.
- Created Drilldown and Drill through reports, Summary Reports, and Sub-reports in SSRS.
- Designed and implemented Parameterized and cascading parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Worked on performance tuning on existing stored procedures and existing reports for the faster processing of reports.
- Worked on modeling the data in Power BI involving creating measures, calculating columns, etc.
- Used Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) for accessing data directly from tabular SSAS database.
- Worked on importing and displaying Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Created and managed relationships between tables in Power BI in order to calculate accurate results.
- Transformed and combined the data using Query Editor in the Power BI.
- Created Power BI Visualizations and Dashboards as per the requirements.
- Published Power BI Desktop reports created in Report view to the Power BI service.
- Worked on Power View and Power Map to visualize reports.
- Involved in project status report updates/ creation of issue items for reviews/ updates of technical and transformation files on timely basis.
- Performed DBA tasks like Backup, Restore of tables and Stored Procedures, and Refreshing Database on weekly basis.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2014, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI, SharePoint, C#, TFS, ASP.Net, Visual Studio 2013.
Confidential, Camp Hill, PA
SQL BI/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS Developer
- Created ETL packages using SSIS to extract data from different data sources, reformats the data and load the reformatted data into destination tables.
- Responsible for transferring the data using SSIS packages from excel/flat file sources to database.
- Responsible for deploying/scheduling SSIS packages as per schedule.
- Used Team Foundation Server ( TFS ) for version control, source control and reporting and to maintain the SSIS packages.
- Used TFS for documenting source code.
- Developed Stored Procedures, Functions, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Published migrated data using SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), DTS Wizard (Data Transformation Services) Tool through data flow tasks, look up transformations and script tasks.
- Experience in SSIS script task, look up transformations and data flow tasks using T- SQL and Visual Basic (VB) scripts.
- Back end Experience in MS SQL Server development, writing T-SQLstoreds procedures, views, triggers, cursors, UDFs.
- Developed and designed new SSAS Tabular models in memory engine.
- Designed Dimensional Modeling using SSAS packages for End-User.
- Created Hierarchies in Dimensional Modeling.
- Experience in working on Cube structure optimization for MDX query performance in Analysis Services 2012 (SSAS) .
- Querying and manipulating multidimensional cube data through MDX Scripting in SSAS .
- Setup SSRS to integrate with Team Foundation Server (TFS) to develop/ build/deploy reports using TFS 2012.
- Developed, Prepared Unit Test documents for all SSRS reports.
- Developed several stored procedures to handle large amount of data manipulation.
- Used Reporting Services (SSRS) to schedule reports to be generated on predetermined time.
- Developed Cascading Reports for Employee Reports, Ad-hoc Reports using Report Builder, SQL server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2005/2008
- Generated on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Used VB scripting for version control.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDX, T-SQL, TFS, Windows Server 2008, MS Visio, MS Access, VB.NET.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
MS SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- The project is designed in two phase’ Confidential data gathering and reporting, the data gathering part is done using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and the reporting portion is built on SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) platforms
- Developed SSIS Package using MS SQL Server Integration Services in such a way it loads last 4 days data from oracle into SQL Server database to store consistent and durable data
- Built new SSIS Packages incrementally loading data dynamically on to SQL Server destination tables from different OLEDB, Flat File, .TXT and Excel files
- Deployed SSIS packages by creating configuration files making packages dynamic by creating variables
- Managed the metadata associated with the ETL processes used to populate the data warehouse using SSIS packages, extensively worked on mappings, incremental data loading, and SSIS transformations
- Implemented new T-SQL features added in SQL Server 2005 that are Data partitioning, Error handling through Confidential statement, Common Table Expression (CTE).
- Granted permissions to logins, groups to particular database or to a server depending on the requirement.
- Monitored SQL server performance using profiler to look for dead locks, blockings and captured long running SQL queries for fine-tuning SQL statements that better result in efficient SQL statements processing through Profiler.
- Created indexes to speed the execution of data retrieval queries, rebuilding them if necessary and often checked for any outdated statistics.
- Scheduled the backups for Databases and performed restoration operations when needed.
- Used Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler to optimize queries and enhance the performance.
- Involved in troubleshooting dead lock issues and performance issues for optimal performance. Used the Index tuning wizard and rebuilt indexes for faster query response.
- Created the dimensional & relational models for various databases for monitoring tools, created database, SSIS standards of development, configuration & deployment of the Packages.
- Designed & developed the various SSIS packages for the daily, Hourly, Weekly & Monthly Loads.
- Worked on error handling using try and catch blocks and performance tuning using counters in SSIS.
- Created packages using different transformations like pivot, condition split, fuzzy lookup, aggregate, execute SQL flow task, data flow task to extract data from different databases and flat files.
- Designed different type of reports tabular, matrix (cross tab), conditional, list items, charts formerly in Cognos reports and SAP BO.
- On the required reports, identified various data sources and established the connections using SSIS and constructed data source view
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, DB2, Teradata, Microsoft Access, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), T-SQL, PL/SQL, MDX/DMX, Team Foundation Server, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, Agile Scrum Methodology, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Outlook, Windows 2003/XP, XML, IIS
Confidential, Warren, New Jersey
SQL BI /SSIS/SSRS/SSAS Developer
- Writing T-SQL scripts, dynamic SQL, complex stored procedures, functions, triggers and SQLCMD.
- Implemented Complex business logic with User-Defined-Functions, Indexed Views and also created User Defined Data type, Clustered & Non-clustered Indexes.
- Worked on table/database normalization, de-normalization, optimization, tuning, back-up, migration, conversion and document processing using data modeling tools like MS VISIO.
- Analyzed and created Multidimensional Cubes in Facts and Dimension Tables using SSAS.
- Create and edit alerts on Reports, as per User request.
- Worked with users and helped Build a Tabular Data Model and published it to Share Point
- Modify the existing reports by adding new logic and deleting existing logic as the line of Business changes periodically.
- Worked with MDX to query cube' Confidential data.
- Involved to planning and designing SSAS 2012 Cubes and building attribute relationships for optimal MDX query performance of Hierarchies and Fact Dimensions.
- Designed and developed Data marts using SSAS.
- Worked on Data warehouses with design/maintenance of SSAS OLAP cubes.
- Responsible for developing data models to provide feasible report development from Data warehouse.
- Export reports in various formats like MS Excel, PDF, MS Word, Text and CSV; and generate reports with parameters, sub reports, cross tabs, charts using SSRS.
- Scheduled reports to run on daily/weekly/monthly basis and email the results to users in required format.
- Studied the existing OLTP system( Confidential ) and Created facts, dimensions and star schema representation for the data warehouse.
- Used some data conversion tasks in SSIS to load the data from flat file to SQL Server database.
- Created packages in SSIS with error handling.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures to generate various Drill-through reports, Parameterized, Tabular, Matrix and linked reports using SSRS.
- Developed core functionality with the .NET Framework using VB.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET.
- Used Team Foundation Server(TFS) for managing the code.
- Developed logical and physical data models (using Star Schema), design data access strategies and wrote SQL code to access and manipulate data stored in relational databases.
- Expert in automating process by creating jobs and error reporting using Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, FTP and SMTP.
- Used MS SQL Server Configuration, Performance Tuning, Client-Server Connectivity, Query Optimization, Database Maintenance Plans and Database Consistency Checking DBCC commands.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Visual Studio, MS Excel, VB Script, Oracle 9i, XML, Team Foundation Server (TFS), MS VISIO.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
MS SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Created and updated database objects like Complex stored procedures, joins, tables, User Defined functions (UDF’ Confidential ) for business logic.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Experience in Creating and Updating Clustered and Non Clustered Indexes to keep up the SQL Server Performance.
- Transformed the data using different SSIS transformations like Aggregate, split, join, merge, derived column, Multicast, term extraction and data conversion of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Created logging for ETL load at package and task level to log number of records processed by each package and task in a package using SSIS.
- Worked with control flow and data flow tasks like Containers, Precedence Constraints, and Execute SQL task in SSIS.
- Used Script task for Data Flow and Error Handling in SSIS.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and change management to existing reports and optimize report performance in SSRS-2008.
- Used Reporting objects like Tabular, Matrix, Sub Reports, Parameterized reports using SSRS 2008.
- Designed and developed monthly, Bi- Weekly, Tax Reports for our Clients
- Extensively worked in migrating office writer reports to SSRS-2008.
- Interacted with the Business Admin and gather the requirements and analyzed them.
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Visual Source Safe, MS Excel, Performance Point Server 2007.
- Analyzed business requirements and build logical data models that describe all the data and relationships between the data.
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in SQL Server 2000.
- Validated change requests and made appropriate recommendations.
- Promoted database objects from test/develop to production. Coordinated and communicated production schedules within development team.
- Modified database structures as directed by developers for test/develop environments and assist with coding, design and performance tuning.
- Managed user access. Created and managed new security accounts.
- Backup and restore databases.
- Developed and implemented database and coding standards, improving performance and maintainability of corporate databases.
- Created the DTS Package through ETL Process to vendors in which records were extracts from Flat file and Excel sources and loaded daily at the server.
- Updated the statistics info for both the old and new servers.
- Assisted with various ad hoc query requests.
Environment: SQL Server 2000, T-SQL, DTS Designer, MS-Office, MS-Excel, VSS