- Over 8 years of IT Experience in Database Design, BI - Development of SQL Server 2012/2008r2/2008/2005 on various development, test and production environments with various business domains like Financial, Insurance and Manufacturing.
- Experience in writing T-SQL (DDL and DML) scriptsin all MS SQL server environments.
- Proficient in creating Triggers, Tables, Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, Indexes and Constraints in T-SQL to facilitate data consistency in MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005
- Hands-on experience and exposure to different phases of Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC).
- Database Maintenance Plan design to keep track of the performance of MS SQL Server, which covers updating database statistics and Re-indexing of clustered and non-clustered indexes in production environment.
- Excellent hands-on experience with data modeling tool like Erwin and strong knowledge of Relational and Dimensional database modeling concepts with star schema and snowflake schema’s design and implementation.
- Good knowledge on implementing Forward Engineering and Reverse Engineering for implementing Data Models using Erwin Tool.
- Used SSIS Import/Export Wizard for performing the ETL operations.
- Demonstrated expertise in MS SQL Server 2012/2008 and Confidential Business Intelligence (MS-BI) tools like SSIS (MS SQL Server Integration Services), SSRS (MS SQL Server Reporting Services), SSAS (MS SQL Server Analysis Services) and T-SQL scripts.
- Created Configurations to make package portable and created Event handlers for handling package error.
- Used For-Each Loop Container, Sequence Container, Script task, Expressions, Execute SQL task, Variables, Send Mail Task, Package Execution task to achieve business needs.
- Experience in creating package configurations like XML, SQL Server Configurations and Logging using text, XML and Windows event log.
- Created SSIS packages to Extract, Transform and load (ETL) data from Excel, Database, XML File and Flat file source by using different SSIStransformations such as Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, and Slowly Changing Dimension, Merge Join and Union all.
- Expertise in building and migration of various DTS packages.
- Experience increating packages, Jobs, Sending Alerts using SQL Mail.
- Experience using different Version Control Tools like TFS, Confidential Source Safe and CVS.
- Experience in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) for designing OLAP Cubes.
- Created and Configured Data Source & Data Source Views, Dimensions, Cubes, Measures using SQL Server 2005/2008 Analysis Services.
- Expertise in using Confidential ReportingService(SSRS) with Report authoring, Report management, Report delivery and Report security.
- Ability to define and develop Report Structure with data definition, report layout and report definition language.
- Strong ability in defining query for generating drill through,drill down reports,canned and cache reports withdrop down menu option, sorting thedata, defining subtotals and handling parameterized reports and creating report layouts using SSRS 20012/2008.
- Experience in developing Custom Reports and different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports in multiple formats using SQLServerReporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Proficient in creating Data Mapping Document for providing source and destination mappings. Deployed reports on report server.
- Developed reports using global variables, expressions and functions.
- Created various Complex Formula Reports to query the database for business Intelligence.
Languages: SQL, T- SQL, HTML, XMLDatabases: SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 /2000/7.0, MS Access
Analysis/Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS), SharePoint, Power Pivot, Power view
ETL Tools: SSIS(SQL Server Integration Services), DTS(Data Transformation Services), Import Export Data
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin, Visio
Testing: Unit Testing, Performance Testing, Integration Testing, Stress Testing
Other Software: MS Office- 2013/2010/2007/2003/2000
Operating Systems: Windows / 98/2000/2003/ XP/Vista/ 2008/2008.1
Database Tools: SQL Query Analyzer, Management Studio, SQL Server 2005 Query Editor, Solution Explorer, Analysis Manager, Reporting Server
Confidential, Redmond, WA
SSIS, SSAS, SSRS Developer
- Worked closely with Solution Team to do Data Analysis and came up with DW model.
- Heavily involved with Business teams in gathering Requirements and worked on creating ETLmapping documents.
- Worked with Erwin 9.2 in order to create Data model for the Data warehouse.
- Did forward engineering using Erwin tool to generate SQL Scripts in order to create Database objects.
- Part of Data Warehouse Designs and effectively identified and created Facts and Dimensions tables.
- Creating tables, indexes and designing constraints.
- Created Backend validations using Insert/ Update and Delete triggers.
- Configured SSIS Packages using Environment Variables for Dynamic selection of Development and Production Environment.
- Creating Indexes and used Scan and Seeks for performance tuning.
- Developed and deployed SSIS packages in Production Server.
- Managed the entire ETL process involving the access, manipulation, analysis, interpretation and presentation of information from both internal and secondary data sources to end users.
- Utilized SSIS to produce a Data Mapping and Data Mart for reporting worked with Multi-Threading Concepts with Synchronous and Asynchronous transactions.
- Created logging, custom logging and error handling packages.
- Created SQL SSIS and SSRS infrastructure that pulls data from data sources and provides a sample to use reporting environment.
- Used SSRS Report Catalog to store the Configuration, Security and Caching Information for the Operation of the Report Server.
- Identified Dimensions and Facts, Used MDX to extract data from cubes and created MDX script for representing Cube Calculation.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Created usage based aggregations in cube to minimize time for query retrieval from client tool.
- Implemented cell level security in cubes using MDX expressions to restrict users of one region seeing data of another region using SSAS.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Used Open Query from SQL Server the SSAS Server to combine data from SSAS cube and DW database.
- In-depth knowledge on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop down menu option and Parameterized using Tableau.
- Preparing Dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SSRS 2008, SSIS 2012, SharePoint 2010/2013Tableau, C#, ASP.NET, DB2, Oracle 9i/10g, Visual Studio 2005, XML, XSLT, MS Office and Visual source safe.
SSIS, SSAS Developer
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the source server to the Enterprise Services Warehouse which encompasses server name, database name, accounts, tables and direction of data flow, Column Mapping, Data dictionary and Metadata.
- Created SQL Server Reports using SSRS 2008/2012 for the manager and the brokers involved.
- Based on the required reports, identified various data sources and established the connections using SSIS and constructed data source view.
- Involved in performance tuning of T-SQL queries and Stored Procedure.
- Created SSIS Packages for Incremental Loading and slowly changing dimensions.
- Created parameterizedreports for the brokers and clients.
- Formatted the report layout for the requirement of the end users.
- Deployment of the developed reports on to the server for the end users.
- Deployed the developed reports and upgraded the system.
- Identified slow running query and optimization of stored procedures and tested applications for performance, data integrity using SQL Profiler.
- Generated Daily, Weekly and monthly reports for the analysis of managers and end users.
- Supported 24/7 for the production system for post deployment Reports on the server.
- Involved in performance tuning using indexing (Cluster Index, Non Cluster index) tables.
- Designed and created views for security purposes, implemented rules, defaults and user defined data types.
- Designed and implemented data access stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Designed index, statistics and optimized queries by using execution plan for performance tuning of the database.
- End to end experience in designing and deploying data visualizations using Tableau
- Experience utilizing tools such as Excel and PowerPivot to extract data for end user.
- Experience in using PowerPivot Add-on in Excel services.
- Calculated members, named sets, and execute other script commands to extend the capabilities of a MS SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services (SSAS) cube.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multipledimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Deployed SSRS/Excel service reports in SharePoint 2013.
- Extensive knowledge on creating/managing Document library, Data Connections in SharePoint.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008, MS SQL Server Reporting service 2008/2012, SharePoint 2013 MS SSIS, T-SQL, Windows XP
Confidential, St.Paul, MN
- Migrating SQL Server 2005 databases into SQL Server 2008.
- Designing and developing SQL Server 2008r2 Database, Tables, Indexes, Stored procedures, Views, Triggers.
- Design/Build Extract Transform Load procedures in SQL Server Integration Services
- Worked on creating SSIS packages to upgrade SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008r2.
- Troubleshooting ODBC and OLEDB connection issues in SSIS packages.
- Took part in the preparation of Project plan, user acceptance testing. Got a detailed understanding of business functionality and took the responsibility of preparing the Functionality.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages including upgrading DTS to SSIS.
- Troubleshooting and fixing Bugs/issues in the enterprise level web application using C#.NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET.
- Got a detailed understanding of business functionality and took the responsibility of preparing the Functionality Test Plan which was used by testing team while doing their testing process.
- Designed the packages in order to extract data from SQL db, flat files and loaded into Oracle database.
- Involved in re-design, re-code, and deploy new data extractions using SSIS, and designed and produced documentation of data transformations for all extractions.
- Developed user defined financial reports to provide on demand financial data analysis using SSRS
- Performed data conversions from flat files into a normalized database structure
- Developed numerous ad-hoc reports using SSRS for day to day financial reporting
- Installed and configured the components required to integrate SSRS with MOSS Enterprise Edition
- Experience in creating and maintaining MS SQL Server installation, performance tuning, backup, restore, security and disaster recovery.
- Experience in Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Star Schema / Snowflake Schema, FACT and Dimensional Tables and Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Monitored database status including CPU, memory, I/O, space and dead lock using SQL Server Utilities.
- Wrote DTS scripts for data transfer and Involved in System testing.
- Written and executed complex T-SQL queries using SQL Server Management Studio for back end data validation testing.
- Worked on SSIS and DTS Packages, DTS Import/Export for transferring data from Heterogeneous Database (Text format data) to SQL Server
- Data migration (import & export - BCP) from Text to SQL Server.
- Created interactive reports with SSRS, using the report parameters, query parameters, Filters and Expressions.
- Involved in design, programming, deploy and Unit Testing of requested Reports
- Involved in designing Aggregations and pre-calculations in SSAS Multi-Dimensional
- Created Measures, KPIs and defined Actions, Translations and Perspectives in Analysis Services.
- Designed Partitions in Cubes on time for improvement in performance using SSAS.
- Involved in writing MDX Queries for Analytical and Reporting purposes.
- Involved in developing and deploying OLAP cubes, monitoring full and incremental loads using Cube wizard and manual methods.
- Used Dynamic SQL to implement the multiple processes with same block of code.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, MS SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS-2008, SSRS-2008, .Net framework, C#, Confidential Excel 2007, Windows 2000, Confidential project Management.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Created complex Stored Procedures and Functions to support the front-end application.
- Participated in developing logical model and implementing requirements on SQL Server 2008.
- Created Indexes, Views, Triggers, Stored Procedures and Packages in T-SQL.
- Created database triggers to implement business requirements.
- Successfully created schema change scripts to existing objects to synchronize with changing business rules.
- Monitored growth of database objects for capacity planning.
- Involved in tuning the database and T-SQL queries using Explain Plan.
- Optimize SQL queries for improved performance and availability.
- Configured and monitored database application.
- Worked with Quality assurance to develop test plans and test cases to conduct system testing.
- Involved in performance tuning of the database and T-SQL queries.
- Preparation of project documentation.
- Preparation of test plans for assembly testing & System Integration testing.
- Developed SSIS Packages to get the reports, routinely, in the excel sheets, required by the managers for analysis.
- Developed SSIS packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data into the data warehouse database from heterogeneous databases/data sources.
- Identify the Attributes and measures and then create a dimension and fact tables with relation between these tables.
- Implemented database standards and naming convention for the database objects and documentation of all the processes involved in maintaining the database for future reference.
- Modified complex chart reports to meet Business requirements using MDX query.
- Developed various types of reports like Drill down, Drill through and parameterized reports using SQL
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages (.dtsx files) to validate, extract, transform and load data to data
warehouse databases, data mart databases, and process SSAS cubes to store data to OLAP databases.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2008r2/2005, SSIS, SSRS, DB2, Oracle 9i, ASP, ODBC, VBScript, Windows 2000/XP, IIS 5.
- Involved in logical and physical database development (using Erwin, Normalization and Dimension modeling).
- Maintaining the database consistency with DBCC at regular intervals.
- Designed and implemented comprehensive backup plan and disaster recovery strategies to ensure high availability of data.
- Responsible for database backups, database replication and database security
- Created databases and schema objects including tables, indexes, views and applied constraints.
- Export/ Import data from other data sources like flat files using Import/Export of Data Transformation Services (DTS)
- Involved in trouble shooting and tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency using Database Tuning Advisor.
- Wrote stored procedures/T-SQL scripts and indexed tables as per business need.
- Worked on developing Tables, creating complex stored procedures and user defined Functions.
- Involved in index creation, index removal, index modification, file group modifications and adding scheduled jobs to re-index and update in database.
- Reports project status, issues and resolutions to the team leader or manager.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2000, Enterprise Manager, Windows Server 2003, SQL Profiler, DTS, T-SQL, BCP, MS Excel