- Over 5+ years’ experience in IT industry as programmer analyst using Python, SQL, PL/SQL, Cognos and Tableau to design, develop and enhance system operation metric.
- Hands on experience in development of Big data projects using Hadoop, Hive and Map Reduce, HDFS, PIG, Zookeeper, Flume and Sqoop open source tools/technologies.
- Strong data retrieval skills using NoSQL database such as HBase, Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Proficiency in configuring Workflow scheduling using Oozie.
- Experience in importing and exporting data from RDBMS using Sqoop
- Experience in PHP5, MySQL, Python, OOPS, Design Patterns, HTML5 and CSS.
- Expert in Tableau Desktop 10.x/9.x/8.x, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server and Experienced in analysis, modeling, design, and development of Tableau reports and dashboards for analytics.
- Expertise in creating Dashboards, stories and developing different charts styles including Bar Charts, Line Charts, Tree Maps, Gantts, Circle views, Scatter Plots, Bullet Graphs, Histograms, Heat Maps, Geo Maps, Text Graphs in Tableau desktop environment.
- Developed reports using Advance Analytics like Reference Lines, Reference Bands, Trend Lines, Box plots and Custom Geocoding.
- Experience in developing advanced Databases like Oracle, MS - Access, SQL Server.
- Experience in leading critical deliveries and ensuring that they GO-LIVE as per planned schedule.
- Experience in analyses, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Expertise in unit testing and ETL process.
- Excellent coding skills in writing stored procedures and triggers and automate the script in the SQL server.
- Created Reports and dashboards for the users to monitor and track their regular activities.
- Organizing triage calls between Sirius XM, Sustain and Development, and Operation teams on priority issues and resolving them.
- Excellent Business writing skills in writing Business requirements document BRD, Use Case Specifications, Functional Requirement Specifications FRS, Software Design Specification SDS, Software Requirements Specification (SRS), Software External Specifications SES, Software Requirement Document (SRD), Data Dictionary, Business Continuity Plan (BCP), Workflows and Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Activity diagrams, Class diagrams and Sequence diagrams.
- Good working experience as a programmer analyst and involved in various phases of entire project from requirement gathering, software development, and Implementation.
- Experience in using SQL Server Management Studio for writing complex SQL queries for retrieving the required for developing reports and dashboards.
- Takes initiative and possesses excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Worked on AWS services such as (EC2, EBS, ASG, RDS, R53)
- Developed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups.
- Created a high availability and scalable AWS stacks using EC2 auto scaling functionality.
- Worked on EBS, storage service S3 (buckets creation, folder navigation and property changes) and and data migration activities. Have knowledge on glacier services.
- Experience in working with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships in internal/external and team environments with excellent communication skills, strong team-building and conflict management skills.
Programming skills: Java, Python, C, R, hive
Databases: Oracle 12C, SQL SERVER (13.0.1601.5 ), MS-Access (16.0.4229.1024 )
Tools: Tableau 10.x/9.x/8.x,Minitab, SPSS, EPIC, Cognos, MS Active DirectoryMS Exchange
Process Management: Sigma Flow Process.
Sr. Data Analyst
- Created Hive queries that helped market analysts spot emerging trends by comparing fresh data with EDW reference tables and historical metrics.
- Writing UDF/Map reduce jobs depending on the specific requirement.
- Developed workflow in Oozie to automate the tasks of loading the data into HDFS and pre-processing with Hive.
- Created Hive schemas using performance techniques like partitioning and bucketing.
- Involved in scheduling Oozie workflow engine to run multiple Hive and Pig jobs. Developed Oozie workflow jobs to execute HIVE and MapReduce actions.
- Extensively worked in code reviews and code remediation to meet the coding standards.
- Analysed HBase data in Hive by creating external partitioned and bucketed tables.
- Involved in developing live, interactive data visualizations, dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Created complex formulas and calculations within Tableau to meet the needs of complex business logic.
- Created Technical Documentation for the developed Tableau Dashboards.
- Involved in conducting trainings to user on interact, filter, sort and customize views on an existing visualization generated thru Tableau desktop.
- Worked on upgrading Tableau Dashboards to newer version 10.3 to take advantage of new features as well as other improvements and enhancements.
- Involved in Exploring, Designing, Building, and Deployment of the high-level dashboards for Board of Directors, Decision makers for critical metrics using Tableau.
- Develop, maintain and document highly visualized comprehensive dashboards using Tableau Desktop and publish them to Tableau Server to meet business specific challenges.
- Coordinating and conducting business, systems requirements analysis meetings with business and technology partners, business analysts, data modelers, solution architects, and DBA’s and project managers.
- Worked extensively with Advance Analysis using Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps, Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes. Groups, hierarchies and sets to create detail summary report and Dashboard using KPI's.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XML etc.) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different data transformations (DTS) using SSIS.
- Assisted Business users and recommended features, charts, KPI’s for their business analysis in Tableau.
- Presented discovered trends and analysis, forecast data, recommendations and risks identified to the higher management.
- Operated in all phases of data warehouse development lifecycle, from gathering requirements to testing, implementation, and support.
- Used data sources from SQL, Oracle, SSAS cubes and files to generate reports in Tableau.
- Maintaining a farm of EC2 instances, ELB's and RDS.
- Architected a virtual private cloud in AWS and automated the same using Ansible and python
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Responsible for creating new IAM users & groups in addition to defining roles and policies in the directory server.
- Responsible for hosting static content on AWS S3 and having them updated on content delivery network
- Maintained 24/7 high volume availability demands using open source tools such as Linux, Apache, PHP and MySQL.
- Created Web Application using PHP and SQL for GM Maven Vehicles.
- Created Partitions and Sub Partitions on large tables for easier manageability
- Involved in designing and creating schema objects like Database tables, indexes, views, materialized views and synonyms
- Tuning Oracle databases and tuning applications (SQL), for tuning SQL working closely with development Team.
- Usage of Partitions to improve the query performance and manageability.
- Storage Management Managing Space, Table spaces, Segments and Extents, Rollback Segments & Data Dictionary.
- Resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues and other distributed data issues (OLTP).
- Creating Materialized views and Materialized View Logs for Increased Performance and Data Replication.
- Interact with System operations leads, business users to develop requirements
- Design, development of PL/SQL stored procedures, functions, triggers
- Developing containment scripts for data reconciliation using SQL, Python and hive.
- Developing/enhancing system operations metrics web application using Java.
- Assist QA teams in setting up test data for system testing and performance testing activities
- Analyzing live customer escalation issues and providing solutions for Sirius XM radio service
- Assist Sirius XM users for installation and maintenance of Scorpio systems.
- Develop use case, system requirements and design artifacts using GM software development process
- Generate daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for leadership review using Cognos and Tableau tools
- Organizing triage calls between Sirius XM, Sustain, and Development and Operation teams on priority issues and resolving them.
- Enroll and Onboard OnStar vehicles and Activate/deactivate SXM radios for all the vehicles that are under wrong radio service and update these vehicles with correct service using SQL scripts.
- Provided SSD, Cruze 24/7 promise updated scripts to sustain team for 5.0,5.1 and 5.2 releases
- Updated the promotions in the Program Management Tool that tells what type of service should be given to certain vehicles depending on the RPO code.
- Receive METAL file from GEPICS team every week and run the ETL process to load the data in to XM tables.
- Working with GIF team to make sure FF POLAR ran every day at 12 AM and all the data is loaded in to factory feed tables.
Environment: Tableau, Oracle 11g, AWS VPC, AWS ELB, AWS SQS, AWS S3, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Jenkins, Python, EC2, Linux, PHP.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Sr. Data Analyst
- Extensively involved in every phase of the SDLC process starting from Inception to Transition.
- Involved in designing Logical data model and Physical conceptual data model using Erwin.
- Interviewed Business Users to gather reporting / data requirements and analyzed the feasibility of their needs by coordinating with the project manager and technical lead.
- Prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD’s) after the collection of Functional Requirements from System Users that provided appropriate scope of work.
- Designed and Developed logical & physical data models and Meta Data to support the requirements using ERWIN
- Wrote complex SQL to identify granularity issues and relationships between data sets and created recommended solutions based on analysis of the query results
- Created Data mapping, logical data modeling coordinating with data architects, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database
- Created implementation checklist, using MS Excel for turnover to Application Continuity and Production Support.
- Designed the ER diagrams, Logical model (relationship, cardinality, attributes, and, candidate keys) and physical database (capacity planning, object creation and aggregation strategies) for Oracle and Teradata as per business requirements using ERWIN
- Interacted with users for verifying User Requirements, managing Change Control Process, updating existing Documentation
- Created and Designed logical database schema layout structure to prepare for ETL processes, data mining, extraction, Analysis and Reporting System
- Created relationships in Requirement Traceability Matrix linking Business Requirements to Functional requirements and Functional Requirements to Systems Requirements
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT groups
- Designed and developed UNIX shell scripts as part of the ETL process, automate the process of loading, pulling the data.
- Part of a team that was responsible for 20+ schemas and ERWIN models. Maintained schemas that contain views that were used by a live reporting application
- Wrote PL/SQL statement and stored procedures in Oracle for extracting as well as writing data.
- Developed and Documented timelines for Project Delivery, and managed Projects and Resources to successful completion.
- Wrote the SQL queries on data staging tables and data warehouse tables to validate the data results.
- Created adhoc reports and pivot tables in Excel using VBA and macros.
- Worked on Documentum for Version Controlling, to maintain up to date changes in the Documents
- Assisted to develop the Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scenarios to be used in testing based on Business Requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
- Analyze the Business Object reports/extracts and submit to the Risk manager after the proper validation.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing, gathered and documented User Manuals and Business Rules
Environment: Erwin, SQL, PL/SQL, ETL Informatica, HP QC /ALM, Agile, XML, Teradata, Visio, Erwin, Windows and UNIX, TOAD for Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server 2008R2, Excel, Access, MS PowerPoint, MySQL, MS Excel, BI Business Objects
- Provides high-level database development assistance in creating specific applications for businesses.
- Strong understanding on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Develop and maintain SQL scripts, indexes and complex queries for analysis and extraction.
- Perform basic Admin activities like automated backups, setting up database monitoring agents.
- Perform quality testing and assurance for operations and disaster recovery.
- Interacted with Business Users and gathered Business Requirements and created BR documents.
- Created new Views, Business Models, and Transformations in Composite according to business requirements.
- Created Views, Functions and developed Stored Procedures for a new database instance.
- Designed and created SQL Database, Tables, Indexes, User Defined Functions, Stored Procedures, and Triggers.
- Transformed the complex business logic and calculations into coding.
- Optimized query performance by creating Indexes.
- Created SSIS packages using SSIS to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases, and process SSAS cubes to store data to OLAP databases.
- Transferred the data from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008R2 database using SSIS.
- Used SSIS for data population from different sources and create SSIS packages for data conversions and load data from flat files and vice versa.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Formatted the reports using the Global variables and expressions.
- Created Drill down Reports, Parameterized Reports, Linked Reports and Sub Reports apart from generating Ad-hoc Reports. using SSRS.
- Ensure best practice application to maintain security and integrity of data
- Support production activities which would require non-business hour availability.
- Implemented industry best practices and trends related to data ingestion and database design/development.
- Assist the Web Developer and Research Analyst in the development of data access patterns, reporting, charting, and documentation; as well and examine performance issues created by bad queries and indexes. Have a deep understanding of how a database works or the performance implications of the code.
- Acting as a liaison between the Firm and outside programmers to produce software to meet the specifications.
- Experience in writing, testing and implementation of the PL/SQL triggers, stored procedures, functions, packages to implement business logic.
- Problem solving skills and prioritizing abilities.
- Prepare instructions for deploying the applications, including instructions for custom configuration needed on servers or client workstations
- Designing or developing databases and database solutions using MySql, Oracle.
- High achievement record in process quality improvement and efficient data solutions management in data intensive applications.
- Converts legacy database systems to new formats and structures.
- Design tables, stored procedures, views, functions, etc; to write applications that can provide data feeds to web user interface.
- Experienced in Data Modeling, Database design & well versed with Server best practices and hands on experience in developing Stored Procedures/routines and Reports.
- Implemented performance tuning especially tuning complex queries, procedure and indexing strategies, Data Import/Exports, Database Recovery/Backup.
Environment: MS SQL, Oracle SQL, Database Design, PL/SQL, MySQL, Data Modeling, MS SQL Server 2008, MOSS 2007, Migration, SQL Reporting Services, ReportBuilder 2.0, SQL Server Integration services, VSS, Oracle 10g, SQL, ASP, Erwin.