05/98 Present,06/95 08/95
Senior Engineer Confidential, Dallas, TX.
Professional Services Group
- Developed call center applications using C#/Java. Created screen pop windows form applications for agents displaying caller information. Created Java applications and event plug-ins that monitored agent activity.
- Led a group of 5 engineers from beginning to end of a government self-service voice application. This project involved several IVR applications both inbound and outbound and CTI integration with the call center.
- Created several outbound voice applications with Java and C# using object oriented and MVC methodology .
- Led and mentored a junior engineer in the full lifecycle of a large travel application written using C# and Java.
Microsoft Speech Developer
Developed speech applications using the Microsoft Speech Application SDK (SASDK) v1.1 on Microsoft Speech Server R2 using C#, JScript, SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services, and Web Services:
- Developed a self service application that allows callers to report copy machine problems and have a field service technician to contact them.
- Upgraded 3 existing Gift Card applications to use the Intervoice Call Telephony Integration to send caller data to a representative.
- Developed a Credit Card Activation speech application.
- Developed a packaged survey application that allows customers to create Survey’s through a web interface (ASP.NET) and then offer that survey to their customers on the phone. Implemented this application with several customers.
- Developed a packaged auto attendant speech application that allows callers to say the name of the person they are trying to reach and the system transfers them.
- Developed a packaged application that serves as a bank branch and ATM locator. Callers give their zip code or City/State and are presented with the nearest branch or ATM locations.
- Developed a packaged application that allows .Net Speech developers to quickly create a Pin/Reset application and implemented several solutions for customers.
Other Speech Server Activities: Involved with the Technology Adoption Program (TAP) program for Microsoft Speech Server 2007. Founder and active participant in Microsoft Speech Server community of GotSpeech.Net. Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Office Communications Server 2007.
Research and Development
Developed billing software for call detail records for several large systems using C, C++, Java, and Perl. Also, supported and developed new features for a development environment that enables users to create speech applications using a 3rd generation language.
Telephony Applications Developer.Confidential,Dallas, TX.
Developed new and maintained existing computer telephony systems such as voice mail, interactive voice response (IVR), and debit card calling systems using Dialogic and NMS components. Helped architect the design of a network based ACD system. Designed and developed a Dialogic-based Win32 application controlled by user defined scripts that can test the validity of telephony applications by simulating a switch environment. Migrated a client-server cellular telephony application written in UNIX/C to a multithreaded Win32/C platform. Improved the Win32 application by designing modules that allow users to control and monitor the application remotely over a TCP/IP network. Organized existing code into reusable objects. Converted Win32 application from NMS to Dialogic-based platform; familiar with Dialogic and NMS API.
Embedded Systems Developer. Confidential,Myrtle Beach, SC.
Designed and created a finite state machine that controlled the serial communications between processor boards of a real-time engine control system written in C. Tested and debugged the electronic hardware and embedded programming using an ICE debugger.
Software Developer. Confidential, Austin, TX.
Designed and developed a client-server application in OS/2 C using FTP script commands to download new software updates to multiple workstations on the manufacturing floor. Developed an application that allowed developers to place their applications under revision control. Interacted with customers and developed a graphical user interface that controlled chip placement machines for computer boards.
Software Developer. Confidential, Austin, TX.
Developed an object-oriented application with Turbo Pascal that tests solder joints on computer cards. Designed a test reporting system that decreased the operational costs of the lab. Created several programs that control the temperature and humidity chambers in the lab.
Computer Technician. Confidential,Lewisville, TX.
Assisted the founder in the construction and installation of new computer systems for pizza manufactures. Participated in the product support of both the hardware and software delivered to the customers.
B.S. in Computer Science and Engineering
LANGUAGES AND SOFTWARE:
C#, Java, ASP.Net, SQL Server, Web Services, JavaScrip, NUnit, SQL Server Reporting Services, WIX, InstallShiled, Team Foundation Server, C, Win32, Visual Studio, Unix, HTML, C++, Eclipse, JSP, VXML