- Around 7+ Years of experience on designing MS SQL Server database and testing of web application well versed into all phases of Software Development Life Cycle processes including Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation in Client/server application using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Very strong implementation of Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) platforms including SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) in SQL Server.
- Design/development, Programming, development of MS SQL SERVER 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 databases, Testing, Development/Staging.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Joins, Indexes and User Defined Functions to implement the business logic.
- Experience in Creating, Configuring and Fine - tuning ETL workflows designed in MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience in creating stored procedures for generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports and Power BI, Tableau.
- Experience in creating Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers, User defined Function and Other T-SQL statements for various applications.
- Experience in Data Migrating /data integration from OLTP to OLAP systems, data validation and cleaning, data mapping using SSIS.
- Experience in administrative tasks such as data loading, batch jobs, data unloading, Backup, Recovery and scheduling SQL Server Agent Jobs to perform various administrative tasks.
- Experience in supporting web based, mission critical applications including Logical and Physical Database Design, Development, Performance Tuning and Change Management.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts, including star schemas, snowflakes, ETL processes, dimensional modeling and reporting tools.
- Worked on Data Warehouse Modeling, creation and deployment of dimensions, partitions, aggregation and cubes with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Excellent experience in migration of data from Excel, Flat file, to Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience in migrating DTS packages and reports from SQL server 2005 to SQL server 2008.
- Experience in writing expressions in SSRS and Expert in fine tuning the reports. Created many Drill through and Drill Down reports using SSRS.
- Experience in optimization tools such as Index tuning wizard, SQL Profiler and Windows Performance Monitor for monitoring and tuning MS SQL Server performance.
- Capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships in internal/external and team environments.
- Imports data from different source files (Excel, CSV, and Text) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Knowledge in Visual Studio.NET 2012/2010, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
DBMS & RDBMS: SQL Server, ORACLE, Ms-Access, MySQL, DB2
Languages: C, T-SQL, C#, VB.NET, SQL, HTML, XML
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, UNIX, Mac OS
SQL Server Tools: Business Intelligence Development Studios (BIDS), SQL Query Analyzer, Profiler, Performance Monitor, Database Tuning Wizard
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
OLAP Tools: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports, Power BI, Tableau, MS Excel
Other Tools: Visual Studios, MS office, Visio Word, Outlook
Confidential, Fort Myers, FL
- Work closely with the Business analysts for requirements gathering, designing the database and creating workflow for report.
- Created Stored Procedures, Functions, Indexes, Tables, and Views and wrote T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Designed SSIS (ETL) Packages to extract data from various heterogeneous data sources such as Access database, Excel spreadsheet and flat files into SQL Server.
- Improved the performance of the SQL server queries using query plan, covering index, indexed views and by rebuilding and reorganizing the indexes.
- Migrating data from the different sources (Text based files, Ms-Excel spread sheets and Ms-Access) to SQL Server databases using SSIS.
- Creating Packages on SSIS by using different data Transformations like Derived Column, Lookup, Conditional Split, Script, Merge Join, Sort and Execute SQL Task, Script Component Task to load data into Database.
- Performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting various database malfunctions and SSIS package errors.
- Work in import and export of SSIS packages in MSBD of the integration services to roll into the production.
- Source Views, attributes and dimension members using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Developed Key performance Indicators, Aggregations and Translations by accessing the data available from the cube.
- Build network related dashboard using Power BI (Excel, Power Pivot tools).
- Used MS SQL Server reporting services (SSRS) to use daily report basis with client-server application.
- Developed Sub Reports, Matrix Reports, Charts, and Drill down reports, using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Develop various reports using SSRS solutions such as dashboards, charts/graphs, drill-downs, drill through, sub reports and dynamic reports to meet information needs.
- Implemented SSRS server level and item level Security, Subscription, Performance tuning and access various reports in multi-user environment.
- Built Dashboards /Reports/ combine different datasets and publishing using Power BI Desktop tools.
- Worked on Visualization, Merge queries and enhancements using Power BI desktop tools.
- Worked on deploying, sharing reports/Dashboards to Microsoft Power BI service.
- Generating reports using Tableau as per the requirement.
- Developed Dashboard reports (Ad-hoc reports) by using Report manager URL where the user can change the data dynamically after the post deployment.
- Involved in developing Life Cycle using Agile Methodology.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, Windows XP, SQL Server 2008/2012 Enterprise Edition, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI, Tableau, C#.Net, MS Access, Visual Studio 2008.Confidential, Chicago, IL
MS SQL Server/SSRS/SSIS Developer
- Worked on creating Tables and writing Stored Procedures and User Defined Functions.
- Developed reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Involved in testing the application.
- Involve in Retesting, GUI Testing and Functional testing.
- Provided Full Reporting Life Cycle support using SQL Server Reporting Service 2012.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2012.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and change management to existing reports and optimize report performance.
- Responsible for design and development of complex reports using Crystal Reports XI.
- Integrated Customs Visuals based on business requirements using Power BI desktop.
- Administrated interface to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, subscription of reports and track reporting history.
- Performed report analysis, requirements gathering, design, development, deployment of business requirement documents.
- Developed complex SQL queries using stored procedures, common table expressions (CTEs), temporary table to support Power BI and SSRS reports.
- Worked on the frontend system (MethOD Sunrise Clinical Manger 4.5) to create On Demand - MethOD reports.
- Designed, developed, and deployed new reports and enhancements to existing Reports, for various applications as assigned.
- Responsible for back up and Restoration of SQL Reporting Service.
- Provided Documentation support on SSRS 2012 as assigned.
Environment: SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server Integration Services 2012, Power BI, SQL Server 2012 Reporting Service, Crystal Report XI, ASP, Visual Studio, XML, IIS 6.0, Windows Server 2008, Sunrise Clinical Manager 4.5, Team Foundation Server.Confidential, San Antonio, TX
MS SQL Server / SSIS / SSRS Developer
- Extensive experience in Analysis, Design, Development and support of various applications using SQL Server.
- Use of agile SDLC approach to complete and track tasks on time.
- Create ETL packages to move data from feed files (XML, CSV and TXT) to database.
- Create packages to migrate data from oracle to SQL server.
- Created SSIS packages to load data into staging table and data mart and also Performed logging in SSIS packages to capture error data and for error handling.
- Proficient in Creating, Configuring ETL workflows designed in MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Proficient in designing and scheduling complex SSIS Packages for transferring data from multiple data sources to SQL Server.
- Maintaining the Log and Audit information in Sql tables, Experienced in providing Logging, Error Handling by using Event Handler for SSIS Packages
- Generated different SSIS packages using transformations such as fuzzy lookup, derived column and slowly changing Dimensions (SCD) to perform different business requirements.
- Designed and developed dynamic SSIS packages to process dynamic queries and dynamically produce flat files at runtime.
- Migrated data to transfer database objects among servers using different SSIS packages in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Experienced in writing Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports, Formatting report layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the respective reports using SSRS 2008R2/2008.
- Tasks included defining requirements, design, develop, test, implement and maintain reports using SSRS Reports. Generated different reports such as parameterized reports, drill through reports, matrix reports, linked reports in SSRS.
- Deployed reports on report manager and created different report models for the users to generate and customize ad-hoc reports.
- Defined granularity within a measure group and drill through actions using SSRS 2005/2008.
- Created indexes on the database tables and generated trace events to improve the query performance and optimize data access.
- Worked on with Report Manager, Report Builder, Reporting Security and Reporting Services Configuration manager.
- Involved in designing and implementing Parameterized Reports for generating Ad-Hoc SSRS reports as per the client requirements.
Environment: T-SQL, Query Analyzer, Windows XP, SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, Windows 2003 advance server, SSIS, SSRS, ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#, MS Access, Visual Studio 2008.Confidential, Denver, CO
- Created Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers using TSQL to migrate the data.
- Created SSIS packages to clean the incoming data including address and to find out if the address is valid or not.
- Performed data analysis and designed source to destination mapping.
- Designed and developed Matrix and Tabular reports with Drill Down, Drill Through, Parameterized, Sub Reports and Drop down menu option using SSRS.
- Developed reports with Charts and Multiple Datasets using Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created reports that included formatting options such as Grouping, Sorting, Parameter prompts.
- Created a stored procedure to automate the execution of all the stored procedures and to schedule the jobs.
- Installed SQL Server, applied service packs and hot fixes.
- Developed SSIS packages not only for Initial Data Loads but also for incremental/delta load.
- Created a Log tables to capture the SSIS events and used it to Perform Debugging of packages.
- Created and scheduled a SSIS package to run our stored procedures to create the output report tables and regenerate reports automatically
- Performed tasks like Backup, Restore, Data Profiling using SQL Server 2008 tools like SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler and SQL Server agent.
- Created .Net windows application to display all the data from different tables in grid view based on the search.
- Used Merge Join extensively to load the data from production database to operational database and to perform basic de duplication.
- Involved in writing functional specification document that has all the details of the work done to migrate the data
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, BI studio 2005, Windows server 2003, Visual Source Safe, Visual Studio 2008, Erwin v7.2.