- 8+ years of experience in Microsoft business intelligence Development under SQL Server environment, with thorough knowledge of SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2012/2014 databases.
- Experienced in different sectors like Health Care, banking services etc.
- Expertise in working with SQL Server Management Studio and Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Good knowledge on the versions of Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2017 and Visual Studio 2015/2017.
- Experience in upgrading SQL Server 2008 R2/2012/2014 to latest versions along with data migration.
- Extensive experience in interacting with business users, gathering the business requirements, performing data mappings and documentation.
- Extensively involved through the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile/Scrum and Project Management Methodologies from initial planning through implementation of the projects. Capable of handling responsibilities independently as well as a proactive team member.
- Excellent knowledge in RDBMS concepts and constructs, along with Database Objects creation such as Tables, Indexes, Stored Procedures, Views, User Defined Functions, Cursors and Triggers.
- Expertise in creating and managing fragmentation of Indexes to achieve better query performance.
- Experience in generating complex Transact SQL (T - SQL) queries, Sub queries, Dynamic SQL queries etc.
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS) and Analysis services (SSAS).
- Expert in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data flows using SSIS; creating mappings/workflows to extract data from SQL Server and Flat File sources and load into various Business Entities.
- Experience in DTS Migration and Metadata Management: Migrating DTS packages to SSIS, Package Migration Wizard, and Storage Management.
- Exceptional Experience in the complete life cycle of DTS/SQL Server Integration services (SSIS) Packages (Developing, Deploying, Scheduling, Troubleshooting and monitoring) for performing Data transfers and ETL jobs across different servers.
- Experience in Error and Event Handling: Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check Points, Logging.
- Experience in creating SSIS packages by using semi-blocking, Blocking and Unblocking Transformations.
- Experience in solving the script related issues using VB.Net and C#.
- Developed Cubes using SQL server Analysis Services (SSAS) and experienced in Developing and Extending OLAP Cubes, Dimensions and data source views.
- Practical understanding of the Data modeling (Dimensional & Relational) concepts like Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling, Fact and Dimension tables.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) with report designer, report manager and report server.
- Experience in developing reports using Report Builder and used Metadata to define Fact & Dim tables.
- Expert in designing Enterprise reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) generated drill down reports, drill through reports, parameterized reports, Cascaded reports, linked reports, sub reports, matrix dynamics and filters, charts in SSRS.
- Working experience of designing Ad-hoc reports for higher managers using report model, providing them flexibility to create reports using drag and drop functionality.
- Designed and developed Power BI graphical and visualization solutions with business requirement documents and plans for creating interactive dashboards.
- Hands on experience in creating and developing Dashboards using Power BI Desktop.
- Expert in utilizing Power Query in Power BI to Pivot and Un-pivot the data model for data cleansing and data massaging.
- Hands on experience in utilizing Power BI gateway to keep dashboards and reports up to-date with on premise data sources.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist in SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server 2014.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Highly motivated with strong commitment to quality and customer service to achieve client satisfaction.
- Can-Do and Will-Do attitude with an ability to learn new tools and use them .
Databases Tools: SQL Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS)
ETL Tools: Data Transformation Services (DTS) - Export/Import, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services ( 2016/2014/2012/2008 ), MS Access, MS Excel, Crystal Reports, Business Objects 4.0
Database: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008, MS Access, Oracle 9i/8i
Programming Languages: T-SQL, PL-SQL, C
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML and CSS
Operating Systems: Windows (10/8/7/Vista/XP), Windows 2015/2012/2008 Server
Other Tools: MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Power Point, MS Visio), OLAP & OLTP, ERWIN, MS Azure, Power BI, Adobe Photoshop, Abode Flash, HP ALM.
Confidential, Montvale, NJ
Sr. SQL Server/BI (SSIS/SSRS) Developer
- Working on Data Consolidation/Migration Project building.
- Performed successful installation and configuration of SQL Server 2016.
- Written DDL/DML queries along with dynamic SQL queries and created new SQL Server databases.
- Created Temporary tables with Temporary variables using Transact SQL (T-SQL).
- Created traces using SQL Server Profiler to find the long running queries and modify those queries as a part of Performance Tuning.
- Defined Backup, restore and Data Recovery procedures.
- Created SSIS packages, extracted the data from heterogenous sources like Flat files, Excel, SQL Server and loaded it into the destination files by performing ETL ( Extract, Transform and Load ) operations including some transformation tasks such as data conversion, derived column, fuzzy lookup etc.
- Created SQL Server Agent Jobs for Running SSIS Packages on scheduled basis.
- Implemented error handling, created checkpoints and break points .
- Deployed the packages into Integration Services Database Catalog and then configured those files in different environments like Dev/UAT.
- Created Dim and Fact tables and multidimensional Cubes.
- Created Reports using SSRS, Excel.
- Created Dashboards using Power BI .
- Utilized Power BI gateway to keep dashboards and reports up to-date.
- Achieved many of the new tasks like making successful connections to different new connection managers and tested the complete package. Came across various issues and helped in resolving them while performing script tasks using Excel Interop.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2016, Visual studio 2015, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server reporting services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Excel, Power BI, VBA, C#.Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Assisted in the definition of the database requirements; analyzed existing models and reports looking for opportunities to improve their business efficiency and troubleshooted various performance issues .
- Developed highly optimized stored procedures, functions, and database views to implement the business logics and created clustered and non-clustered indexes .
- Involved in performance monitoring, tuning and capacity planning.
- Advised optimization for slow performance queries by looking at Execution Plan for better tuning of the database.
- Created SSIS package to load data from Flat Files, Excel and XML Files to Data warehouse using Lookup, Derived Columns, Sort, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation and Slowly Changing Dimension transformations .
- Used various transformation tasks such as Conditional Split, Multicast, Fuzzy Lookup etc., which did Data Scrubbing, including data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Implemented data viewer grids, performed SSIS Logging and error configurations for error handling the SSIS packages.
- Involved in complete SSIS life cycle in creating SSIS packages, building, deploying and executing the packages in both Development and Production environments.
- Created and maintained data flow diagrams for existing and future ETL processes.
- Created Dimension tables, Fact tables and designed cubes using SSAS .
- Designed, deployed and maintained complex canned reports using SQL Server Reporting Services .
- Customized reports by adding Filters, Calculations, Prompts, Summaries and Functions. Created reports to retrieve data using Stored Procedures that accept parameters.
- Created Parameterized reports, generated Tabular reports, Sub reports, Cross Tabs, Drill down reports using Expressions, Functions, Charts, Maps, Sorting the data, Defining Data sources and Subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2013.
Environment: SQL Server 2014, Visual studio 2013, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), C#, VB.Net.Confidential, Charlotte, NC
MS SQL/BI Developer (SSIS/SSRS)
- Developed SSIS packages for different tasks like data cleansing and standardizing, sorting, conditional split, back up and involved in scheduling of SSIS packages.
- Involved in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) between Homogenous and Heterogeneous systems using SQL tools (SSIS, Bulk Insert).
- Involved in error handling of SSIS packages by evaluating error logs.
- Successfully extracted, transformed and loaded data into data warehouse.
- Created reports using SSRS from OLTP and OLAP data sources and deployed on report server.
- Created tabular, matrix, chart, drill down reports, parametric reports, cascaded reports, dashboards and score card reports (SSRS) according to the business requirement.
- Created reports by dragging data from cubes and wrote MDX scripts.
- Used SSIS 2013 to create ETL packages (dtsx files) to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse, data mart databases, and process SSAS cubes to store data into OLAP databases
- Improved the performance of long running views and stored procedures .
- Improved performance by adding indexes, removing unnecessary columns in the inner views and adding conditions to get only the required data.
- Identified slow performing views, stored procedures and queries using SQL Profiler, by running simultaneously while browsing the application.
- Tuned the queries using Execution plan, to get index seek from table scan and index scan. Improved the performance of many queries by 90%.
- Worked with Erwin data modeling tool
- Created Database objects including Tables, Views, Stored Procedures and User Defined Functions .
- Created Schemas, indexes, Triggers (after and instead of triggers).
- Extensively involved in writing database scripts.
Environment: SQL Server 2014, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server reporting services (SSRS), IIS, VB.Net, Erwin, MS Excel.Confidential, Houston, TX
MS SQL/ BI Developer (SSIS/SSRS)
- Worked as SQL Server Analyst / ETL Analyst using SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 for CMH Project.
- Source Controlling using IBM Rational Clear Case.
- Developed Management Database for Collateral Management and Hedging .
- Created Triggers, Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, Indexes and SQL joins using T-SQL .
- Created and Managed fragmentation of indexes to achieve better performance.
- Designed and Deployed SSIS Packages by using manifest file.
- Created SSIS Packages, Configured SSIS packages for different environments using DTS Configuration.
- Produced CSV, utilized the CSV files as part of ETL Process.
- Designed SSIS packages using different transformations like data conversion, derived column, look up etc. with multiple data flow tasks. Experienced in Error Handling, Event Handling, Logging, batch checks for data accuracy.
- Used C# and .Net scripts in SSIS packages.
- Created parameterized reports, drill-down and drill through reports using SQL Server Reporting Services .
- Scheduled daily/weekly/monthly reports to run automatically onto the Dashboard.
- Implemented Security, Roles, Logins, and Permissions .
- Performed Extract-Transform-Load operations to load data into SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 Normalized database from heterogenous sources.
- Scheduled SSIS packages using Autosys, writing JIL Scripts
- Improved the existing applications to meet new business requirements .
- Worked as a member of L3 Production Support on Rotation basis.
- Enhanced existing stored procedures, views, functions and other database objects to meet the additional requirements of latest releases.
- Deployed the code in various environments i.e. DEV/UAT
Environment: SQL Server 2008 R2/2012, Microsoft Visual studio 2010, Clear Case 7.1, MS SQL Server Integration/Reporting Services (SSIS/SSRS), C#, .Net.Confidential
MS SQL Developer
- Worked as a SQL Server Developer for Enterprise Data warehousing Project.
- Managed and updated the Erwin models - Logical/Physical Data Modeling for Data consolidation.
- Source Controlling, environment specific script deployment tracking using TFS.
- Exported the current Data Models into PDF out of Erwin.
- Developed, Administered, and Managed the corresponding databases: Consolidated Data Store, Reference Database (Source for the Code/Values of the Legacy Source Systems), and ADM.
- Gained experience in Writing Triggers, Stored Procedures, Functions, Queries using Transact-SQL .
- Worked with Dynamic Management Views for Indexing and other Performance related issues.
- Analyzed and achieved the Legacy Data, imported the data into Reference DB that was verified and published by DMRB (Data Management Review Board).
- Strong cooperation with ETL Team to convert ETL requirements as Standard Database solutions to boost up the performance.
- Created ETL mappings using SQL Server Integration Services.
- Day to Day maintenance of databases, Staging, Backup / Restores of databases.
- Deployment of ETL projects in different environments such as file system or SQL databases.
- Created and Managed Files/File group - Table/Index association.
- Responsible for Query Tuning, Performance Tuning, Defect tracking by using HP Quality Center.
- Maintained Users / Roles / Permissions by using SQL Server Agent jobs .
- Capacity Planning DBs, Disk Requirements.
- Created Range and Hash (by using MOD function) Table Partitioning, Index management.
- Created and maintained DB Change Log to track the state of DB in environments as Dev/UAT/Pre-Prod.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2008 R2, BIDS 2008, SQL Server Integration Services 2008, Team Foundation Server, Erwin 7.3, HP Quality Center.Confidential
- Clearly focused on the business requirements and legacy requirements of the project.
- Involved in Application Testing, Debugging SIT, UAT, Test Clusters, Test Load Balancers.
- Performed Application Testing in Development and Production environments.
- UML Use Case diagrams, Conceptual Flow Diagrams, ER Diagrams by reverse engineering the databases using Visio 2003.
- Tuning the Databases, Auditing, Dynamic Management Views/Functions .
- Performed Database Capacity Planning, Maintenance Plans, Backup/Restore Database and disaster recovery Procedures.
- Created and maintained database for Incident, Problem Tracking, Metrics.
- Worked with SQL and T-SQL.
- Created Stored Procedures, functions, triggers, Views and Indexes .
- Responsible for Stored Procedure optimization, Performance tuning and Index Tuning.
- Scheduled and Created SQL Server Agent jobs with SSIS packages.
- Designed, Created and Deployed various SSIS Packages (for ETL - Extraction, Transformation, Loading).
- Configured the Database Mail, Mail Operators using SQL Server 2008.
- Maintained overall Day to Day Database Administration.
- Imported Data from various sources like DB2, Oracle, Excel, XML, SQL Server, Flat files .
- Reduced the Data Redundancy, ensured Data Consistency and Analyzed the Data.
- Detailed Documentation of all the existing and new processes, Created and Updated Data Dictionaries.
- Business Analysis, Understanding Requirements, Converting Business Requirements into Technical Solutions.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, Windows XP, Excel, XML, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server Integration Services 2008 (SSIS), SQL Profiler, C#, VB.Net.