- 7+ years of IT experience in Database Administration, Design, Development & Support of MS SQL Severs 2008, 2005, 2000 and BI, Database Development, Design ( DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) with various business domains like banking, insurance, manufacturing and health care.
- Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Data Warehouse Concepts, OLTP & OLAP and experience with MS SQL Server in writing T-SQL.
- Extensive working experience in Normalization and De-Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP systems in creating Database Objects like tables, Constraints (Primary key, Foreign Key, Unique, Default), Indexes.
- Managed indexes, statistics and tuned queries by using execution plan for optimizing the performanceof the databases.
- Strong technical knowledge in MS SQL Server development including DTS, Microsoft Analysis Services, Performance tuning, Reporting, Designing logical/physical databases and Troubleshooting.
- Experienced in implementing the indexes such as Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes appropriately on data structure to achieve faster data retrieval.
- Proficient in writing T-SQL Queries, sub-queries and complex joins for generating Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, User-defined Functions, Views and Cursors.
- Experience in using recursive CTEs, CTE, temp tables and effective DDL/DML Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency as well as to support the existing applications.
- Experience in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as SQL Server IntegrationServices (SSIS 2005/2008), DTS, Bulk Insert and Bulk Copy Program utility.
- Experience in creating jobs, Email Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and Schedule SSIS/DTS Packages.
- Worked with Flat file, Excel file, and SQL server OLEDB destinations for loading data.
- Created many complexSSISpackages with complicated transformationslikeLookup, Derived Column, ConditionSplit, Multicast, Sort, Union All, Cache Transform, and ConditionalSplitetc
- Thorough Knowledge of various SSIS Objects such as Dataflow Components, Control Flow Elements, Connection Managers, Runtime Events, Log Providers etc
- Experience in working with SSIS, for ETL process ensuring proper implementation of Event Handlers, Loggings, Checkpoints, Transactions and package configurations
- Proficient in designing Data Mart and Data Warehouse using Star and Snowflake Schemas
- Experience in creating OLAP cubes, identifying dimensions, attributes, hierarchies and calculating measures and dimension members in SQL Server Analysis Services
- Strong Experience in creating Ad Hoc, parameterized reports, Linked reports, Snapshots, Drilldown and Drill through reports using SQL SSRS 2005/2008
- Created various SSRS Reports involving variety of features like Reports,Charts,Filters,Sub-Reports,DrillDown,Drill-Through,Multi-valued parameters etc
Bachelor of Technology, Confidential, India
- RDBMS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2005, 2000, 7.0, MS-Access
- Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, SQL, T-SQL, VB.NET
- Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (2000, 2005, 2008), Crystal Reports
- Data Modeling Tools: Erwin 4.0, Vision 2002
- Operating System: Windows XP/ NT/2000/2003/Vista.
- Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Server Profiler, Query Analyzer
- BI Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS) , Crystal Reporting
Confidential, San Diego, CA
SQL Server/BI Developer
Hewlett-Packard is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. The HP Enterprise services deliver the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing, communications, transportation, healthcare and financial services.
- Implemented Complex business logic with User-Defined-Functions, Index, Views and also created User Defined Data type, Clustered & Non-clustered Indexes.
- Analysis, Design and data modeling of Logical and Physical database using E-R diagrams.
- Involved in database Schema design and development.
- Design/Build Extract Transform Load procedures in SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 using DTS packages to import/export data feeds to/from data warehouse and claim systems.
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server 2000/2005/2008.
- Analyze, tuning and optimizing for SQL Server Applications by using performance monitor.
- Experience in tuning of Stored Procedures and query optimization to improve the performance and eliminate the deadlock situations and hang-ups on server.
- Worked in creating complex Stored Procedures, triggers, cursors, tables, views, joins and statements for applications. Developed complex T-SQL code for the application.
- Constructed Cubes based on data volumes mostly adhering to Star Schema.
- Expertise includes Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Cleansing, Transformation, Integration, Data import, Data export.
- Developed Sub Reports, Matrix Reports, Charts, and Drill down reports, Ad Hoc reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Highly involved in creating, structuring, formatting using Report Designer and Report Builder.
- Worked on querying data and creating on-demand reports using Report Builder in SSRS reports and send the reports via email.
- Designed and created Report templates, bar graphs and pie charts based on the financial data.
- Creating and running SSIS Packages for Import and Export of Heterogeneous Data.
- Created SSIS Packages using Pivot Transformation, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, Execute Package Task etc to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to data warehouse.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages including upgrading DTS to SSIS.
- Database and Log Backups and restoration, backup strategies, scheduling backups.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, MS Access, EXCEL, VBScript, HTML, XML, Visio, Windows Server 2000/2003, ASP.NET, VB.NET, BIDS.
Confidential, Boston, MA
SQL Server Developer
CTI\'s software products have been in widespread use since 1998. Many major multi-national corporations and eight of the ten largest financial institutions in the world are using all or a combination of CTI\'s offerings to satisfy their daily compliance needs.
- Involved in requirements gathering, analysis, design, development and deployment
- Created databases and schema objects including tables, indexes and applied constraints, connected various applications to the database and written functions, stored procedures and triggers
- Created SSIS packages to clean and load data to data warehouse
- Created package to transfer data between OLTP and OLAP databases
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data from flat files to SQL Server using Business Intelligence Development Studio
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task etc
- Working knowledge in Data modeling, creating star and snowflake schemas in SSAS
- Developed complex calculated members, Named Sets using MDX expressions for specific OLAP reporting requirements
- Optimized cubes for better query performance
- Generated some reports using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)2005/2008 from OLTP and OLAP data sources.
- Designed and deployed report with Drill Down, Drill Through, Dropdown menu option,Parameterized and Linked reportsusing SSRS
- Used Execution Plan, SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor to optimize queries and enhance the performance of databases
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, SQL Server Integration services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), BIDS, Visual Studio 2005/2008, and Windows 2003.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
SSIS and SSRS Developer
PNC is a highly diversified and growing financial services organization spanning the retail, business and corporate markets. The system handles online as well as summarized and intensive search oriented users. The clients can also view balances, statements and transactions anytime. The project involves creating complex ETL packages for heterogeneous data in the Agency group.
- Responsible for developing processes, automation of maintenance jobs, tuning SQL Server, locks and indexes configurations, administering SQL Server security, SQL Server automatic e-mail notification and SQL Server backup strategy and automation
- Highly used T-SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers and User Defined Functions, Views, Indexes.
- Used SQL Profiler, System Monitor, Query Analyzer for Troubleshooting, Monitoring, Optimization and Tuning of SQL Server.
- Migrated DTS 2000 packages to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages and also modified the packages accordingly using the new features of SQL Server Integration Services.
- Extensively involved in designing theSSISpackages to export data ofheterogeneous data(like XML, Excel, CSV, PGP, Flat file) source to staging tables in SQL Server Database.
- Created SSIS packages using various Transformations for export data from different data sources and Transformed data and load it to SQL Server 2005.
- Used SSIS package Configuration, changing the variables dynamically and SSIS logging.
- Responsible for Deploying, Scheduling jobs, Alerting and Maintaining SSIS packages.
- Created and Configured OLAP Cubes (Star Schema and Snowflake Schema) Using SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Responsible for gathering/refining requirements from the customer for developing reports.
- Responsible forFull Report cycle including Authoring, Managing, Security and Generation of reports.
- Developed Query for generating drill down, drill through, parameterized, cascaded reports in SSRS 2005.
- Backing up, Restoring system & other databases as per requirements, and also scheduled those backups.
- Managing the security of the servers, creating the new logins and users, changing the roles of the users.
- Worked on database security, Replication and Log shipping activities.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, MS SQL Server 2000, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MSSQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS Access, Windows XP, VB,C# Oracle , T-SQL, Query Analyzer.
BI Developer (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
GE Consumer Finance is a leader in providing credit services to retailers and consumers. The objectives of the IDW are to integrate the atomic data from multiple product lines in a given local business and also to offer an integrated access point for multiple business functions. The aim of this project is transferring of data using SSIS, tuning on existing jobs, Partitioning and Data Compression on the existing tables for better performance.
- Gathered business requirements, definition and design of the data sourcing and data flows, data quality analysis
- Responsible for writing SQL queries, stored procedures, views, T-SQL and SSIS
- Used SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer to optimize queries and stored procedures
- Developed SSIS packages to load data from Excel file to SQL Server Database
- Used custom logging to have more detailed information of the work flow
- Extensively used Script Component to do row by row processing, perform validations as per the requirement
- Deployed SSIS packages and Reports to Production Servers
- Scheduled Cube Processing from Staging Database Tables using SQL Server Agent in SSAS
- Working knowledge in Data modeling, creating star and snowflake schemas in SSAS
- Designing and implementing a variety of SSRS reports such as Parameterized, Drilldown, Ad hoc and Sub-reports using Report Designer and Report Builder based on the requirements
- Deploying and scheduling Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status
- Involved in documentation of whole project majorly which helps the supporting team
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, SSAS 2005, SSRS 2005, SSIS 2005, T-SQL, Visual studio 2005, DTS, Data Analyzer, MS Access, Excel, SQL Profiler, Windows XP, VSS 2005
Confidential, Hyderabad, India
SQL Server Developer
Visual Technologies offers a range of outsourced product development and testing services to enterprises in various industries worldwide. Its services comprise product design and development, customization, technology migration, maintenance/version enhancements/bug fixing, product testing cycles, documentation, help desk, and release management services.
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server.
- Developed Database Triggers to enforce Data integrity and additional Referential Integrity.
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links and formatted the results into reports and kept logs.
- Responsible for upgrading and migrating of various applications in Access to SQL Server 7.0.
- SQL Server Administration involving planning and implementing Backup and Recovery Strategies
- Configuring the standby servers and setting guidelines to automate recovery scenarios
- Implementation of data transfer through DTS
- Monitoring and fine tuning of SQL Server performance and ensuring integrity
- Involved in performance tuning and monitoring of both T-SQL and PL/SQL blocks.
- Used SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer to optimize DTS package queries and stored procedures
- Wrote T-SQL procedures to generate DML scripts that modified database objects dynamically based on user inputs
- Created Stored Procedures to transform the data and worked extensively in T-SQL for various needs of the transformations while loading the data
- Involved performance tuning using indexing (Cluster Index, Non Cluster) tables.
Environment: T-SQL, SQL Server 2000, OLAP Services, Windows 2000 Server, Query Analyzer, DTS,MS Access 2000, VB.net 2003, Erwin Data Modeler
Confidential, Hyderabad, India
SQL Server Developer
Confidential is India\'s second-largest growing banks. Andhra Bank offers a wide range of banking products and financial services to corporate and retail customers through a variety of delivery channels and through its specialized subsidiaries and affiliates in the areas of investment banking.
- Installation, configuration the MS SQL Server 2000 and maintenance of servers in various environments.
- Performance and tuning of SQL servers and application issues related to migration.
- Testing of applications for performance, data integrity and validation issues.
- Data Transfers between various servers using BCP and Managing Disk space on NT systems
- Scripting the Database Consistency Checks (DBCC), scheduling the scripts to run daily and weekly basis.
- Complete automating on NT so that the tasks are run without user monitoring.
- Writing the stored procedures, checking the code for efficiency. Routine backups and restoration.
- Administrative and Production support for various applications in all environments.
- Database Backup Procedures, Restoration Procedures, Disaster Recovery procedures and Contingency plans. Testing and implementing these procedures.