- Over 15 years experience in IT and over 10 years experience as a Data Architect / Modeler working on both OLAP and OLTP databases.
- Strong experience performing Information Architecture including logical and physical data modeling, canonical message modeling, metadata definition and capture, creating and maintaining processes and procedures to design and capture data ( ETL ).
- 15 years experience working with Oracle and 4 years experience working with Informix.
Database: Oracle, Informix, MySql
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin, Embarcadero, Oracle Case
BI Tools: Brio, SQR, MetaCube
Software: PHP, SQL, Perl, shell script, Excel, Visio
Platforms: UNIX, HP - UX, Linux, NT
ERP: Peoplesoft, Oracle Financials
- Performed logical and physical data modeling for global common data models. Subject areas included assets, trading, accounts, clients, financial institutions, positions and transactions.
- Designed and maintained common message models (XML based and DBMS based ) to facilitate integration between all core business systems using real time messaging technologies ( Tibco, Informatica )
- Created processes and procedures designed to capture metadata, data mappings, movement, transformations (ETL) between core systems and to facilitate enterprise integration projects.
- Created and implemented data architectural policies and procedures related to all data aspects of Information Architecture including Standards, Guidelines, Goverance, metadata, data modeling
- Successfully migrated company data modeling tool from Erwin to Embarcadero.
Environment: Oracle, Sybase, Embarcadero, ETL, XML, ESB
DATA ARCHITECT /MODELERResponsibilities:
- Performed logical and physical data modeling for enterprise wide financial services for Confidential . Data areas included wholesale loans, retail loans, consumer master, prospect master and several other subject areas.
- Created and maintained common object models (COM) to facilitate integration between all core business systems.
- Created processes and procedures designed to capture data mappings, movement, transformations (ETL) between core systems and to facilitate enterprise integration projects.
- Created and implemented data architectural policies and procedures related to all data aspects including data warehouse, other data stores and participated in data governance processes, definitions and guidelines to implement COM models in several delivery patterns.
- Created and managed database creation, migration and update policies and procedures to facilitate database versioning to support multiple enterprise projects.
- Managed day to day activities of DBAs, data analysts and other personal during project implementations.
Environment: Oracle, Erwin, UNIX, Informatica, Peoplesoft, Mainframe, ETL
Confidential, Santa Ana,CA
DATA ARCHITECT / MODELERResponsibilities:
- Data Architect for new, ground up OLTP system and related database structures.
- Performed logical and physical data modeling for new State of California Judicial system.
- Created and maintained data models in Erwin, participated in JAD sessions and client review.
- Maintained data dictionary, documentation and related support documentation.
- Help create test data, data flows and database tables as needed.
Environment: Erwin, Oracle, UNIX, J2EE
- Database Modeler focusing on design and implementation of databases to support integration client business data with a GIS application.
- Designed relational tables, objects, dss tables, packages and procedures in PL/SQL to support the product.
- Used Oracle Spatial as primary GIS platform along with a Java application to present spatially enabled client data. Using Oracle 9x, Oracle Spatial on Sun UNIX servers.
Environment: Oracle 9x, PL/SQL, UNIX, J2EE, Erwin, ETL
DATAWAREHOUSE DATA MODELERResponsibilities:
- Responsible for the datawarehouse and related applications.
- Performed initial requirements gathering, project scope, vendor evaluations and overall project design, architecture, implementation and production support.
- Designed databases, engineered ETL programming functions, database structure, architecture and front ends for the datawarehouse.
- Implemented company Intranet and related technologies as a framework for reporting and distribution.
- Yamaha is currently using Informix v9 (moving to Oracle) as the warehouse database and Oracle 8x as the ods/transactional databases. The olap tool used was Metacube from Informix.
- SQR from Brio was used for the ETL and reporting functions.
- Reports and other output were delivered through Oracle Portal using various html forms, PL/SQL packages and cgi (UNIX shell scripts).
Environment: Oracle 8x, PL/SQL, Informix v9, SQR, Brio, UNIX Shell Scripts