Around 6 years of extensive experience as a MS SQL Server SQL Server 2008 Developer with major focus on T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS .6 years of sound experience as a database developer in banking, IT and financial sectors. Sound knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) with substantial experience with object oriented analysis and design methodologies. Possess experience in independently handling design, development, documentation and testing phases in a project environment.
- Profound knowledge and ability to write stored procedures, temporary tables, views, indexes, triggers when required and complex queries including correlated queries and queries with complex joins and aggregate functions. Expertise with DDL and DML statements, RDBMS's, data dictionaries and normal forms.
- Exceptional hands on working knowledge and recent experience working with SQLServer Integration Services (SSIS) and SQLServer Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Thorough experience with SQL Server 2005 instance installation, up gradation and migrating from SQL Server 2000 to 2005.
- Experience in writing Stored Procedures in DW environment and then created packages in SSIS to load the data into Data Warehouse. SSIS package calls these stored procedures for loading the data.
- Experience in creating reports using SSRS and worked on OLAP environment.
- Experience in creating packages to transfer data between ORACLE,MS ACCESS and FLAT FILES to SQL SERVER using DTS/SSIS.
- Experience in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Expertise in planning and implementing MS SQL server Security and database permissions. Creation and maintenance of databases, creating roles and managing user permissions.
- Solid knowledge and recent experience with all aspects of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) including Query Editor, Server objects, SQL Server Agent, Replication, Management and Notification Services .
- Proficiency in using different Transformation tools like DTS packages, BCP and Bulk Insert as well as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) with proficiency in using Report Designer as well as Report Builder.
- Experience on performance point server and dashboards, scorecards, building reports and created management reports.
- Monitor the production server using tools like SQL Profiler, Windows Perform, Performance Counters and SQL server logs for Monitoring and Tuning SQL Server.
- Worked on pro-clarity to create cost-effective reporting and analytical solutions.
- Used ProClarity for accessing and analyzing cubes and dimensions, and also worked on integration of SharePoint with SSRS.
- Knowledge and exposure to performing whole database backup and recovery using Log Shipping and Database Mirroring techniques.
- Strong experience with creating Linked Servers for connecting servers at remote site locations and then querying the group of servers using T-SQL statements. Strong working knowledge on Query Optimization. And outstanding knowledge of database and server performance tuning strategies.
- Successfully implemented Transactional and Snapshot Replication methods for Backup and Restore of Database. Good understanding of high availability SQL Server solutions using active-active and active-passive Clustering modes.
- Expertise with job scheduling using SQL Server Agent to perform hourly/daily/nightly updates. Expert in performing database consistency checks using DBCC Utilities.
- Experience in using performance monitor/SQL Profiler to resolve Dead Locks/Long running queries thereby optimizing query execution plan.
- Designing, developing and capacity planning for database. Expert in creating SSIS packages and sending alerts using SQL Mail.
- Experience in Data Modeling using Erwin, Rational Rose (UML) and MS-Visio to create logical and physical data models; use case diagrams and data flow diagrams respectively.
Technical Skills:Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced server, Windows 2003 Server, SP3, Windows NT 4.0, Windows XP, Windows Vista.
components/environment: MS SQLServer 2005, SQLServer Management Studio, SQLServer Reporting Services, SQLServer Integration SQL SERVER Services, Analysis Services.
Languages: C,C++, PL/SQL,T-SQL
RDBMS: SQL Server 2008,2005/ 2000 /7.0,8.0,9.0,10.0,MySQL,MS Access
Application: MS-Visio, Rational Rose (UML), Erwin, Visual Studio
Database Query Tools: MS SQLServer Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, ETL
Database Software: TOAD
Server Scripting: ASP,PHP
Software Methodologies: SDLC,RUP
Systems familiarity: OLTP,DSS,OLAP
Confidential, Newark, DE May 2012 - Present
SQL Server / BI Developer
Confidential, is one of the largest energy delivery companies in the Mid-Atlantic region, serving about two million customers in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland and South New Jersey.
The scope of this project was to build different types of reports according to the requirement of management with an objective to help top-level management in decision-making and also worked on creating different SSIS packages to migrate data from various sources.
- Designed and normalized the databases and created different objects like tables, views, Stored Procedures, UDFs, indexes on MS SQL Server and also involved in installing and migrating legacy databases to SQL Server 2008.
- Created several SSIS packages to import Flat files (CSV) into data tables and these packages were scheduled in regular time interval and also created schemas, views, stored procedures, Triggers and functions for Data Migration, back-ups for the database created and also transformed data from various data sources using OLE DB connection by creating various SSIS packages.
- Involved in implementation of data mart and OLAP cubes using SSAS and extensively used SSIS Import/Export Wizard for performing the ETL operations.
- Developed various T-SQL objects like tables, views, joins, stored procedures, functions, indexes and triggers and performed optimization on it.
- Built complex multi-sectional reports with charts and drill-down capabilities, created report models for Ad- hoc reports when the end user wants to see the reports on fly and also created Ad-hoc reports for manager using SSRS to find all the work items open for Developers.
- Responsible for Query optimization and performance tuning using tools like SQL Server Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor for SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Extracted data using SSIS from OLTP to OLAP. Based on the required reports, identified various data sources and established the connections using SSIS and constructed data source view.
- Created SQL Server Reports using SSRS 2008 and exported them to Excel format for managers and QA team for easy validation and Identified and worked with parameters for parameterized reports in SSRS 2008/2005.
- Designed packages which utilized tasks and transformations such as Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, Sequence Container, For Each Loop Container, Lookup, Aggregate, Expression, OLE DB Commands and Derived Columns.
MS SQL SERVER 2005, 2008, SSIS, SSRS,SSAS,DTS, SQL Profiler, Windows XP / NT / 2000/2003, Microsoft Access, Oracle, Microsoft Visio, Erwin, MS Office 2007, Excel 2007, OLEDB
Confidential, Chicago IL Aug 2011 - April2012
The project involved migrating old legacy data to SQL Server 2000 using DTS, calculate different investment management business logics and generate reports for the Investors and managers.
- Designed Logical data model using Erwin.
- Developed tabular reports using SSRS.
- Developed stored procedures, triggers and functions to account for some automated insertion of records in some of the tables.
- Installation and configuration of SQL Server 2005/2000 on Windows 2000/NT/XP OS.
- Managing of database objects like Tables, views, indexes etc.
- Implementing Backups and restoring when necessary.
- Used BCP utility to publish table content to text files.
- Developed SSIS Packages to transfer the data between SQL Server database and files.
- Created and managed database maintenance plans for various database consistency checks.
- Used SQL Profiler to monitor the server performance, debug T-SQL and slow running queries.
- Managed users including creation/alteration, grant of system/db roles and permission on various database objects.
- Tested and configured automated routine maintenance tasks like performance tuning, indexes and stored procedures, checked deadlocks and created jobs and scheduled them.
- Assisted admin team with Log Shipping to ensure full database backup and disaster recovery.
Confidential, South Brunswick,NJ Nov2010-July 2011
SQL/Crystal Report Developer
Confidential, is a business and technology service company, employing 41,000 people across 36 countries. Logica delivers business consulting, systems integration and outsourcing across all industries and business functions.
The main aim of the project was to work with their client Lorea'l (onsite) and to develop a system for all Lorea'l stores of United States to run their business.
- Developed complex T-SQL stored procedures using joins and unions to create crystal reports and also optimizedSQL queries for efficiency and the front end developer with their queries and procedures.
- Developed crystal reports using Crystal Reports 10 for detail information to the sales team regarding sales of all stores according to the criteria given, which helped the sales team to take their decisions.
- Developed E-R diagram for reports which gives all the relationships of the tables from huge De-normalized database using Microsoft Visio.
- Involved in optimizing code and improving efficiency in databases including re-indexing, updating statistics, recompiling stored procedures and performing other maintenance tasks.
- Developed various functions using SQL Server 2008 for the interfaces which were automatically run on daily, weekly and monthly basis using SQL server task in SSIS.
- Responsible for optimization of the T-SQL queries to give the faster results from whole bunch of data using SQL Profiler and also provided 24/7 Support for Production, Development & Test Servers of MS SQL Servers.
- Developed temporary tables and views of the databases for faster use and faster retrieval of the data and helped developer's team to reduce the complexities of fetching data and access complex database.
- Developed Demo Results of the reports which are useful for the UAT phase to get the approval from the key users.
- Involved in Data conversion to clean the legacy database and reuse it for annual decisions of the sales and also created mapping between legacy tables and current tables in the database.
MS SQL Server 2008, Windows Server 2003,DTS, SQL profiler, Performance Monitor, Query Optimizer, T-SQL, Microsoft Visio 2007, MS Visual Studio 2008,Crystal Report 10
Confidential, Mt. Laurel, NJ May 2010 - Oct 2010
MS SQL Server Developer / BI Developer
Trade Wind has tailored its skills and expertise to providing solutions for today\'s business in an age where information delivery is critical to day-to-day operations.
The main goal of this project was to create a system that allowed Trade Wind's clients to view the progress of, and manage their accounts.
- Worked on extracting, transforming and loading data using SSIS Import/Export Wizard and also created SSIS Packages to integrate data coming from Text files and Excel files.
- Provided Full Reporting Life Cycle support using SQL Server Reporting Service 2008 and with that developed Tabular Reports, Sub Reports, Matrix Reports, Drill down Reports and Charts and also created linked, unlinked and on-demand sub Reports.
- Created User Defined functions for sharing formulas across multiple reports. Established Inner Join, Outer Join and created Indexes whenever necessary. Modified existing reports according to requirements of the end users.
- Developed logical and physical data models, design data access strategies and wrote SQL code to access and manipulate data stored in relational databases.
- Understood the various complex reporting requirements of company and created web reports using Reporting Services and also modified report content and exported reports in multiple formats based on user input.
- Developed tables, Views, Stored Procedures and Triggers using SQL Server Management Studio and also optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, and eliminated redundant and inconsistent data.
- Involved in creating Multidimensional cubes and designing DW schemas using SSAS 2008.
- Scheduled the reports to run on daily/weekly/monthly basis and email the results to the users in the required format and also created User Defined functions for sharing formulas across multiple reports.
MS SQL Server 2008, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, MS Access, MS Excel, BCP, T-SQL
Confidential, Englewood, CO Oct 2009 - May2010
MS SQL Server SSIS/SSAS/SSRS Developer
Confidential, is a financial services and communicationscompany for a web-based application and it consists of various products and services. The personal service consists of Managing balance transfers, bill payments, deposit methods and individual retirement accounts and money transfer.
The scope of this project was the development, maintenance and enhancement of the website which was already created and also creating reports whenever required.
- Participated in creating reports that deliver data based on stored procedures and also actively involved in creating SSIS packages to transform data from OLTP database to a data warehouse.
- Back end Experience in MS SQL Server development, writing T-SQL stored procedures, triggers, UDF\'s, views and also indexes.
- Involved in ASP.Net/ SQL Server project converting their existing VB6 desktop application to a web application. Design and coding of web services, maintenance of that web application according to requirements.
- Design, develop and went live after migrating several MS Access & SQL Server databases for corporate developers, resolving typical database issues.
- Iteration planning for new features and user stories in Agile Development methodology and also configured and maintained huge OLTP databases.
- Designed and implemented Parameterized, Cascading parameterized, Drill - through and Tabular reports using SSRS.
- Created and maintained databases, tables, views, users, logins, indexes, check constraints, and business rules using T-SQL.
- Using SSRS delivering enterprise, Web-enabled reporting so create reports that draw content from a variety of data sources.
MS SQL Server 2005, SSIS, SSRS, C#, OLAP, ODBC, XML, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint, MS Project, MS Access 2007/2003 & UNIX Shell Scripting, Oracle, Crystal Reports.
Confidential, Gujarat,India Jan 2007 - Sept2009
Jr. Database Developer
Central Bank of India is one of the largest nationalized banks in India with more than 10,000 branches nationwide and it maintains a huge customer and employee database in form of various heterogeneous sources.
The main goal of the project was to re-organize the customer database with the latest information on loans, payments, fixed-deposits and huge transactions.
- Involved in altering the physical design, developing stored procedures and functions, developing DML scripts, fine tuning complex queries and also maintaining backups.
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server 2000.
- Developed Database Triggers to enforce Data integrity and Referential Integrity and I also developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links and formatted the results into reports and kept logs.
- Defined relationship between tables and enforcing entity referential integrity (Parent-Child relationship) using Primary Key constraint.
- Involved in Implementation of database design and administration of SQL based database and established connectivity to database and monitored systems performances.
- Involved in performance tuning and monitoring of both T-SQL and PL/SQL blocks, used SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer to optimize DTS package queries and stored procedures and also wrote T-SQL procedures to generate DML scripts that modified database objects dynamically based on user inputs.
- Created Stored Procedures to transform the Data and worked extensively in T-SQL for various needs of the transformations while loading the data.
- Involved in performance tuning using indexing (Cluster Index, Non Cluster index) tables and eliminating table scans and implementing index seeks.
SQL Server 2000, Windows 2000, Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, DTS, T-SQL.