Confidential, Lanham, MD
Technologies: SSIS, SQL Server, ALC, C#, DB2, RISE, Java, Oracle, SAS, Splunk
- Lead Data Architect for Confidential project
- Senior Architect on Confidential project
- Senior Architect on eAuth/Common Services project
- Technical Integrator for Health Coverage Tax Credit project
- Mentoring staff in architectural concepts
- Developed Engineering Plan for Health Care Tax Credit Project
- Responsible for overall data architecture for Continuous Diagnostics and Monitoring ( Confidential ) program. Led data architecture, translation mapping, data flows analysis, data quality analysis, and design. Procured data sources, served as technical integrator and Point of Contact for engineering team to perform data integrations. Built/directed technical details for data integrations with source data owners. Participated in overall system data strategy and gave technical briefings as required to inform senior leadership. Troubleshooting of various data integration technical issues, such as Kerberos authentication, LDAP access, flat file acquisition, etc. Master Data Management and schema generation, logical and conceptual modeling. Analysis of BigData alternatives for unstructured content storage.
- Participated in system design, data architecture review, authored Interface Control Documents, performed liaison role to bring staff up to speed on technical issues.
- Engineered SSIS - based ETL modernization of legacy data translation system for employee records
- Engineered data transformation triages for cybersecurity system patch compliance reporting, using stored procedures and C# code.
- Stewarded environments and database procurement process.
- Data architecture review, production of data analysis and transformation documents to inform CTO and chief engineer in various architectural decision points.
- Engineering and technology leadership for design and remediation of faults in legacy applications.
- Constructed architectural diagrams for both as-is and transition state application architecture space
- Reporting, warehouse, and business intelligence strategy advisement.
- Development of data decision support tools (C#), along with datamarts to enable architectural transition planning.
- Cybersecurity liaison to electronic fraud detection working group. Responsible for SAS based data loads, parsing, and analysis. Reworked SAS codebase to create efficiencies in automation.
- Analysis of legacy ALC assembly language codebase in Confidential .
- Code review and development in both C# and Java for prototyping efforts to determine LOE and feasibility of various solution approaches to modernization of legacy codebase.
- Business architecture assistance to help develop BPM for modernization efforts.
- Analysis and “deep dives” of data transformation and data artifacts (conceptual and logical models, transform mappings) to assist in gap analysis and build team knowledge.
- Data transform complexity analysis.
- Solution architecture guidance and roadmapping. Provided thought leadership for architectural frameworks and best-practices.
- Generated automatic document parsing code to populate RDBMS to drive reporting and analysis of extensive transformation data.
- Detailed analysis of ETL and data transform artifacts.
- Built and populated data schemas to support introspection into as-is state data relationships.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Application Architect via remote for Medical Management and Enterprise Architecture practice domains.
- Served as lead architect for Medical Management on Health Care Reform projects to comply with ACA and transition Confidential ’s strategic platforms to next-generation functionality.
- Provided architectural support, mentoring, thought leadership, and troubleshooting expertise.
- Developed Software Architecture Documents, including UML application models, application systems diagrams, conceptual component diagrams and other modeling artifacts to conform with Confidential ’s SDLC.
- Defined changes to service interfaces and modeled changes.
- Provided advice to business analysts and managers on technology decisions and requirements.
- Participated in design and planning sessions for ongoing modernization efforts.
- Interacted with external vendors, providing architectural guidance.
- Served as architect for relational reporting data warehouse pilot.
- Served as lead architect for OPEB project for diabetes outreach to Medicare patients. Produced solution documents and specs, led architectural effort for design phase of SDLC. Led the architectural portions of this project and led the solution effort. Liaison between business analysts, development team, and management for P4 design phase.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Technologies: SOA, RSM, DB2, UML, MEGA, TOGAF
- Service, application, and data architect for various projects.
- Strategic leadership for ReST, enterprise data.
- Logical and physical application modeling for multifamily loan and loan securitization projects.
- Interface Control Document generation and application asset registration for collateral repo project.
- SOA development and design for enterprise data services.
- Requirements and business needs analysis, solution design, service modeling, data modeling, and application architecture.
- TOGAF viewpoint modeling for securitization group applications.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Technologies: SOA, Data and Enterprise Data, DB2, FileNet 4.5, 5.1, IBM CM8, Rational Software Architect, DBVisualizer, MySQL, Oracle Data Modeler, Java, LDAP, Cognos
- Responsible for systems solutions, technical leadership, application, data, and SOA architecture, software systems design, and technical project guidance.
- Responsible for leading software development and migration efforts involving teams of 6 to 20+ people.
- Architectural oversight of entire Army program space.
- Conducted system dependency mappings, interaction diagrams, conceptual and logical data models, service diagrams, and other artifacts across the entire application suite spectrum.
- Developed BI, data, SOA, and application solution strategies for US Army Corps of Engineers, Provost Marshall, UMI, EFMP, OPMG projects.
- Lead architect for large-scale content migration effort from IBM CM8 to FileNet P8, including as-is state modeling, repository structure analysis, database analysis, migration mapping, design of transition states, and to-be state modeling. Included research and cost investigation into content migration ETL tool analogs.
- Lead architect for ECMS transition project. Project scope was to transform existing 2-tier java-based application running atop WebSphere, IBM Forms and IBM CM8 to a SOA-enabled loosely-coupled future state infrastructure atop Filenet P8 5.1. Design work involved leading business process analysis with multiperson BA team and SOA tier composition and catalog. Provided thought and technical leadership to PMs and business analysts, and interfaced with CTO, CEO, and other executive team members.
- Lead architect for OPMG project. Developed service interface models (ReST) to support interface control agreements between Confidential application and remote systems (COPS, ACI2) to facilitate transfer of DA4833 forms and appurtenant documents and casefile attachments. Provided technology leadership to implement multipart form ReST realtime SOA endpoints in lieu of batch-oriented SFTP transfer mechanism.
- Developed Logical application, service, and enterprise architecture components to support 4+1 and DoDAF views. Div-2 and Div-3, 4+1 logical views. Review of AV-1.
- Code review and oversight for Java, Dojo, and XML related projects, served as mentor to development teams.
- Oversaw transition from ObjectSource ORM to Hibernate across MyForms (1.4M users) application suite. Oversaw upgrade of WorkPlaceXT. Provided code analysis, tasking metrics, PM technical support, and sprint standup participation.
SOA & Data Architect
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Technologies: Data Architecture, SOA, Sybase, Oracle 11g, SQLServer, BEA System Architect, NIEM, UCore, DoDAF, Informatica, Talend, Pentaho, DataStage
- Data and SOA Architect for Business Transformation Agency for DISS program
- Responsible for data migration architectures for transition from legacy data footprints to unified ODS/IDS and OLTP end-state warehouses
- Participate in development of Services definitions, process flows, and state diagrams, including DoDAF articfacts. SV-4, OV-7
- Provide technical expertise in data and services architecture and migrations
- Responsible for unified interface exchange messaging format for inter-system data-sharing interfaces
- Conceptual and Logical modeling for user provisioning and Joint Verification System datastores
- Develop, review, and approve logical Integrated Data Store models, Business Intelligence Strategy approaches, and other end-state data resources
- Stored Procedure analysis
- Physical database reengineering, DDL analysis, integration of logical model with physical model stakeholders
- Provide ETL expertise, conducted detailed tools alternatives analysis for leadership, and developed migration strategies and transforms
Data, SOA and Functional Architect
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Technologies: SOA, Rational Software Architect, SQLDeveloper, Data architecture, XML, WebLogic, Pentaho ETL, Java, JMS, Web Services, PL/SQL, Oracle 11, LDAP
- Lead Architect for National Customer Rollout data harmonization tier
- SOA Architect for Customer Product Service and Customer Service teams
- Designed production architecture for tracking changes from legacy billers through real-time event consumption, database storage, and subsequent data harmonization.
- Served as architect for team of 12, including testers, developers, database ETL developers, and other architects.
- Contributed detailed designs, database requirements, service architectures, transition- and end-state diagramming, system design, performance architectures, and related work product to support effort to transition from legacy biller-driven customer model to Oracle RDBMS-oriented to-be state (NCR).
- Stored procedure authoring and oversight
- Developed SQL queries to drive Extract phase of ETL
- Oversaw data interaction by code development teams, including optimizing queries, comparing execution plans, creating and altering indices, and renormalizing table structures
- Service Architecture, including WSDL harmonization, requirements gathering, functional architecture, Service diagram modifications, and Service interface changes
- Transition mapping from legacy services to To-be service architecture including migration mapping, gap analysis and end-state diagrams.
- Data migration analysis for transition from legacy data footprint to future production data warehouse.
- Data analysis and migration mapping for transition from LDAP strategic store to RDBMS feature model
- Data modeling and architecture to develop target architecture as well as intermediate operational and transaction tables to support NCR data migration and harmonization effort.
- Service modeling for service tier intended to support transition from legacy application base to service-oriented ESB enterprise model.
- Functional analysis of existing data, application architecture, client requirements, and codebase.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Technologies: SOA, Enterprise Architecture, NIEM, rules-based process architecture
- SOA Architect for Confidential Transformation Initiative. SOA Architect’s roles include guidance for Integrated Project Teams (IPT) to ensure conformance to the master SOA framework, composition of Service Insertion Packages (SIP), compliance and alignment to Confidential EA Technical Reference Model (TRM), Service Reference Model (SRM), and Component Reference Model (CRM), identification of business processes, development and maintenance of enterprise models, development of transition strategy for modernization of legacy paper-based business processes to an e-Filing and electronic Case Management system for Confidential .
- Member: Risk and Fraud Management IPT. This initiative was intended to distill typical caseworker adjudication knowledge into a rules-based automated system run within Tibco Business Events to develop unified risk and fraud potential scoring aggregates for various benefits applicants.
- Interfaced with NIEM initiative within Confidential to drive data governance and interchange interoperability within the project
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Technologies Used: Java, J2EE, GWT, JBoss, Informix, Erwin, LDAP
- Contract developer on JDIS project for US Marshals Service
- J2EE developer for thick client and GWT applications, interfacing Informix datasets via web services or Hibernate access tiers..
- Performed presentation-layer/portal development and design, application maintenance, and operations.
- Development environment was typical agile method, with iterative rollout and spiral release and design methodology.
- Development of GWT-based user directories, via LDAP back-end, including fuzzy searches and advanced GUI controls
- Development of SQL queries and indexing strategies to facilitate enhanced data access methodology
Enterprise Data Architect
Confidential, Springfield, VA
Technologies Used: SOA, NIEM, MEGA Modeling Suite (enterprise architecture), ERwin, SharePoint, UML
- Enterprise Data Architect within Data Engineering Branch (DEB) of Enterprise Data Management and Engineering division ( Confidential ) of Confidential . Responsibilities included Enterprise Conceptual and Logical Data Modeling (ECDM/ELDM), recommendations with respect to transition to target Enterprise Data Architecture, data standards, governance, and alignment analysis.
- Business process modeling using MEGA tool to construct UML diagrams of enterprise architecture and data architecture.
- Member, Services Oriented Architecture Working Group (S2AWG). The S2AWG’s role is a CTO-level working group organized to facilitate and promulgate services-oriented design principles (SOA) and implementation throughout Confidential via decisionmaking, oversight, and the development of policies including software lifecycle tailoring, services governance, and cost modeling. Other functions of this group included agency-wide advocacy for spiral/agile development methodologies.
- Member, NIEM Blue Team. Responsibilities included contribution, collaboration and oversight to facilitate the evolution of National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) information sharing and standards throughout Confidential and Confidential .
- Member, NIEM Technical Architecture Committee. Responsibilities included collaboration in a working committee whose job it is to address technical and structural details associated with NIEM development and implementation nationwide, ensure robust and effective development of the NIEM Core structure, technical architecture and processes, to support NIEM and enable users to efficiently use and re-use NIEM components and NIEM-conformant IEPDs as well as coordinating contractors and advising the NIEM PMO in the development and enhancement of tools that will facilitate broad based use and implementation of NIEM, and reconciling data security, privacy, and sensitivity issues through technical solutions that enable data sharing among key domains, stakeholders, and communities of interest.
- Member, MEGA Integrated Project Team. Responsibilities included participation in and advocacy for adoption of MEGA tool as primary Enterprise Architecture tool and Enterprise Business Asset repository for Confidential .
- Member, TECS Modernization Stakeholders. Represented DEB in the TECS Modernization efforts within the Passenger Systems Program Office (PSPO).
- Member, Technology Review Committee (TRC). Represented DEB in this committee, which is a CTO-level group comprised of various program office and branch stakeholders for the review of technology, including migration, security risk assessments, modernization, data quality and governance standards, and software engineering standards for the Confidential Enterprise.