- Over 10 years of experience in Administration &Development of MS SQL SERVER 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008R2, 2008, 2005, 2000 and SQL Server Business Intelligence Tools - SSIS,SSRS and SSAS.
- Experience in database administration activities like Installation, Configuration, Migration, Upgrading, Monitoring and Troubleshooting SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008/ R 2/2005/2000.
- Experience in implementing High Availability solutions like Replication (Snapshot, Merge and Transactional), Log shipping, Mirroring, Always On and Clustering.
- Implemented Side-by- Side Migration of MS SQL SERVER 2008/2012, 2012/2016.
- Experience in using SQL Server Profilers, Index Tuning Wizard.
- Experience in Partitioning tables to achieve better performance for access and writes.
- Experience in creating roles and assigning permissions to the users.
- Experience In Database Backup, Recovery and Disaster Recovery Procedures. Extensive knowledge in Tuning SQL queries& improving the performance of the database by creating and updating clustered and non-clustered indexes.
- Experience in writing T-SQL (DDL, DML and DCL), Expert in implementing business logic in backend and reviewing T-SQL Code.
- Expert in developing and designing Bulk Copy Program (BCP), Data Transformation Services (DTS) packages and SSIS (integration services) with MS SQL Server 2000/ 2005/2008/2012 .
- Experienced in creating deployment utility to deploy SSIS packages over Production, QA and Local systems.
- Experience in creating Constraints, Defaults, Rules, Tables, Indexes, Views, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Cursors and Dynamic SQL queries.
- Designed DTS/SSIS packages to export and import data from SQL Server to MS Access, Text files and Excel files.
- Worked with a team of business analysts, data architects, application developers, ETL developers and testers. My objective was to deliver projects within scope, time and costs while following department standards, methodologies and guidelines.
- Experience in Design, deployment, and maintenance of various SSRS Reports in SQL Server 2008/2012.
- Experience in Analyzing Execution Plan, managing indexes and troubleshooting deadlocks.
- Experience in Configuring and Managing Linked Servers, data transfer between SQL Server andother heterogeneous relational database such as Oracle, Sybase and DB2.
- Performed SQL server patching on both Standalone and Clustered environment
- Experience in creating SQL Server Analysis projects (SSAS).
- Expert in creating SQL Server Reports using SSRS 2005/2008/2012 .
- Extensive experience in the development of Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Microsoft Access; developed Custom Report and different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, and drilldown reportsin multipleformats usingmulti - dimensional objects.
- Creating and maintaining OLTP databases in our production servers.
- Normalizing OLTP Environment with ERWIN tool.
- De-Normalizing and designing star schema or snow flake design for OLAP Environment.
- Performing ETL work from OLTP to OLAP environments.
- Performing analytical operations in OLAP Environment(SSAS).
- Exposure to multiple Database Systems like MSSSQL, Oracle and DB2.
- Good knowledge on Cloud/AWS/Azure.
- Good at Creating documentation about the process and environment.
- Provided 24X7 supports through on call rotation for Production and Non-Production Environments.
- Excellent analytical and desire to excel, fast learner, Hardworking and versatile teamplayer.
- Capable of learning new technologies and processes, and successfully applying them toprojects and operations
- Highly dedicated, dynamic, ability to meet deadlines within fast paced environments
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Strong troubleshootingorganizational skills.
Databases: MS-SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R 2/ 2012/2014/2016, DB2, Oracle Database 10g/11g/12
Languages: C, C++, C#,T-SQL, VB Script, Java Script, HTML, XML
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012, SQL Server enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, Activity Monitor, SQL Server Report Builder.
Monitoring Tools: Foglight, Red-gate, Idera SQL diagnostic Manager, SCOM Monitoring, Windows Performance Monitor.
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin Data Modeling tool, ER Studio
OLAP Tools: SQL Server Analysis Server 2008, 2005
Software Packages: MS Office 97/2000/XP, 2003, 2007, MS Outlook 2003, 2007
Operating Systems: Windows 2012/2008/2003/2000, Unix, Linux.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Senior SQL DBA
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 on production and non-production servers.
- Implemented and monitored transactional replication for DR and reporting purposes.
- Configured and Monitored Log Shipping and Trouble shoot the errors.
- Created database objects such as tables, Stored Procedures, Views and Triggers.
- Setup and configured Always-On Availability Groups on multiple databases.
- Backed up SQL Server Databases participating in Always-On Availability Groups .
- Configured Transparent Data Encryption with SQL Server 2012Monitored Always-On Availability Groups
- Implemented SQL Server 2012 new features like Always-On Availability Groups for high availability of multiple databases in place of database mirroring
- Checking the fragmentation percentage and perform Reorganize and Rebuild the index.
- Implemented User-Defined server roles in SQL Server 2012, default schemas for groups.
- Created Jobs and maintenance plans for better performance of the server.
- Created alerts with database mail Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP).
- Worked extensively in Query analyzer and profiler for tuning queries using variable for characteristics and query costs.
- Migrated 2008 SSIS packages to SQL 2012 project deployment model and configured SSIS Catalog, environments.
- Created and designed data models using Erwin data modeling tool.
- Performed data analysis for designing, developing data marts, cubes for BI Reports and analytical purposes.
- Implemented Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) to protect sensitive data and backups.
- Performed data analysis for designing, developing data marts, cubes for BI Reports and analytical purposes.
- Developed Power Shell scripts in place of TSQL batch script for daily maintenance activities to improve performance and scheduled scripts in central management server.
- Used Database Consistency Checks - DBCC Commands for database maintenance.
- Developed database administration reports for disk utilization, backup check, daily Replication status check, Job status and other daily monitoring tasks.
- Created maintenance plans for integrity checks and resolved issues related to it.
- Experience with SCOM to monitor and manage critical database servers from a centralized location.
- Modified Stored Procedures and complex T-SQL Queries to improve query execution process.
- Used SQL Profiler, Server side trace to identify performance issues on the server.
- Improved query performance by analyzing the stats, Query Execution Plans, system performance by system Performance Analysis, and used SQL Profiler for optimizing stored procedures.
- Resolved issues related to blocking, deadlocks, connectivity issues, replication issues.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Senior SQL DBA
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2012 on Test, Development and Production Environments.
- Migrated MS SQL Server from 2008/2008R2 R2to 2012.
- Developed SSIS packages to load data from different source systems in to data warehouse.
- Worked in migration of existing databases toSQL Server on an Azure Virtual Machines.
- Subscribe SQL server AZURE Cloud Services.
- Create databases on SQL AZURE.
- Setting up connection string and connecting SQL Server AZURE databases from locally installed SQL Server Management Studio for developers
- Create high availability and configuring SQL Server Availability groups.
- Created complex DTS Packages for Data Migration and Transformation. Experience in data migration from Oracle/Access/Excel Sheets to SQL Server 2005/2000/7.0.
- Migrated databases from Oracle to SQL Server platform Using SQL Server Migration Assistant.
- Implemented contained databases and partially contained databases to reduce dependencies of application databases on instance and to ease portability of databases between different environments.
- Used Redgate monitoring toolto monitor the health and performance of the critical database servers with help of various alerts and historic information stored on databases.
- Perform basic DBA tasks such as monitoring, taking regular backups and grant permissions .
- Creating database objects like tables, views, stored procedures, triggers .
- Configured master server to have a centralized maintenance for jobs and maintenance plans and to troubleshoot and run all the dependent jobs across the production servers.
- Creating Clustered and Non-clustered indexes to improve query performance.
- Performed online index rebuilds for critical tables and helped in reducing locks, improving query performance and made tables available during index rebuild operations.
- Used SQL Server error logs and event viewer to troubleshoot issues, Windows performance monitor to find resource usage, profiler and server side trace for tuning SQL queries, stored procedures.
- Performed Data Analysis for automating various Reports utilizing SQL Analysis Services.
- Worked with developers to tune the SQL queries and improve the Performance.
- Analyzed database growths for Capacity Planning, Normalized the data for efficient performance and also Partitioned data into multiple Files and File groups.
- Configured security and access as per SOX standards.
Confidential, Omaha, NE.
Senior SQL Server DBA
- Installed SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008/2008R2.
- Implemented side by side migration of SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008/2008R2.
- Implemented high availability solutions for SQL Server databases with clustering and Mirroring.
- Implemented and monitored the replication between two sites, support and maintenance of MS SQL ServerTransactional Replication.
- Worked in 24X7 production support with on call rotation system.
- Proactively monitored, determined and solved issues at SQL database/server levels with the help of Idera SQL Diagnostic manager .
- Analyzed business requirements and build logical and Physical data models that describe all the data and relationships between the data Using ERWIN data modelling tool.
- Responsible for Physical Storage Structures and Index Design and Tuning.
- Restored and recovered databases to point in time for testing, pre-prod and production environments.
- Used SQL Profiler to find badly performing queries and deadlocks.
- Performed Query tuningto improve performance for long run queries.
- Used 3rd party tools like IderaSQL Diagnostic Manager in taking the backups to optimize performance and restoring.
- Applying service packs to the SQL Server instances.
- Evaluated the peak and no peak usage pattern of the application; effectively distributed database administration activities, such as full database backup and database defragmentation during no peak hours.
- Used SQL Profiler, Windows Performance Monitor and DB Artisan for troubleshooting, monitoring, optimization of SQL Server.
- Used VERITASNetBackup and recovery solution for enterprise data centers.
- Monitored database status including CPU, Memory, I/O, Space and dead lock using SQL Server Utilities.
- Developed SSIS packages to export data from OLTP database to OLAP database.
- Involved in loading the Warehouse databases and performing maintenance tasks on these databases.
- Involved in design of SQL triggers, and correcting database errors.
- Configured and worked on SSRS in SharePoint integration and native mode.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
SQL Server DBA/Developer
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2008 and maintained 50 servers.
- Upgraded and migrated the servers from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008/2008R2.
- Creating T-SQL scripts, stored procedures and executing them.
- Implemented Replication and Log Shipping as a part of disaster recovery plan.
- Suggested Disk Capacity, Processors and Memory based on the Capacity planning.
- Analyzed database growths for Capacity Planning, Normalized the data for efficient performance and Partitioned data into multiple Files and File groups.
- Used SQL Profiler to monitor the server performance, debug T-SQL and slow running queries.
- Monitored the application & database performance using SQL Profiler, Performance Monitor.
- Used Index tuning wizard to get a better idea of implementing indexes on the existing databases and rebuilding only necessary indexes for faster query response.
- Extensively used Database Tuning Advisor to improve the performance of Query.
- Implemented backup and retention strategies based on business policies.
- Performed Backup/Restore by using VERITAS Net Backup.
- Implemented and maintained SQL Server Agent Jobs, Monitor SQL Server Agent Job history.
- Improved performance of slow running queries using Profiler and Statisticsby using different Methods in terms of evaluating joins, indexes, updating Statistics and code modifications.
- Created SSIS Packages to (ETL) Extract, Transform and Load the data into Reporting instance to generate the reports easily and quickly.
Environment: SQL server 2005/2000, MS Reporting Server 2005, Windows 2000/2003 Server, SSIS, Visual Studio, IIS 5.0, VERITAS Net Backup and VB.Net.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Planned and Successfully Installed SQL Server2005 on the Production, Development, UAT environments.
- Migrated SQL Server from 2000 to SQL server 2005.
- Developing the successful Backup strategies and disaster recovery plans.
- Day-to-day activities like taking backup (or schedule the backups daily for database and transaction log) on disk and restore the databases and transaction log on production/development servers as per requirement.
- Involved in creating Logins, Tables, Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes, Views, Functions and Stored Procedures.
- Conducting Database Refresh once in every week for Production, Development, UAT and test environments.
- DesignDTS/SSIS Package, DTS Import/Export for transferring data. implemented replications like Transactional and snapshot.
- Implementing Database maintenance plan for Database consistence & Integrity.
- Export or Import data from other data sources like flat files using Import/Export through DTS, SSIS.
- Monitoring SQL server performance using SQL Profiler to find the performance and dead locks.
- Monitored performance of server using Windows Performance monitor.
- Creating the Jobs using maintenance Plans for Full, Differential, and Transactional log backups. creating and scheduling of T-SQL jobs to run daily.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/ 2005/2008/2008 R2, Microsoft Business Intelligence, Visual Studio for SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MS Office Access, Windows Server 2003/2008.