- 9+ years of experience as MS SQL Developer in administration and development of Database Design and Development in SQL Server 2012/2008R 2/2008/2005/2000 system in OLTP and OLAP environment.
- Excellent experience in SSIS, SSAS and SSRS of MS SQL Server.
- Highly expert in translating Business System Design document into technical design document
- Experience in installation, upgrade and configuration of Microsoft SQL Server and databases.
- In - depth knowledge of T-SQL, Databases, Tables, Stored Procedures, DDL/DML Triggers, Views, User defined data types, Cursors and Indexes using T-SQL.
- Proficient in writing complex T-SQL queries using Inner, Left, Right, Outer and Cross Joins.
- Hands on Experience in Installing, Configuring, Managing, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2012/2008R 2/ 2008/2005/2000 .
- Experience in scheduling SSIS packages using SQL Server Agent.
- Strong knowledge of using variables and expressions in packages.
- Experience in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Excellent skills in implementing ETL Packages using DTS and SSIS 2012/2008R 2/2008/ 2005.
- Proficient in implementing all transformations available on the SSIS toolbox.
- Expert in resolving the performance issue of SSIS packages.
- Experience in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) between Homogenous and Heterogeneous System using SQL tools (SSIS, DTS, Bulk Insert, and XML).
- Well versed in Importing/Exporting Data from various data sources like Excel, Oracle, DB2 and Flat file using BCP, Bulk Insert & DTS utility.
- Extensive Knowledge in SSAS storage, partitions and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Good Knowledge in Analyzing, designing, building &, testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS 2008 and in adding calculations using MDX.
- Expert in Designing and deploying cubes in SSAS environment using Snowflake and Star Schema Designs for the operational data
- Proficient in Creating business critical KPIs using SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS representing aggregations in several different ways - hierarchically and using custom groupings that the company will use to analyze performance.
- Strong experiences to Design, deploy, and maintain various SSRS Reports in SQL Server 2012.
- Administered interface to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history using SSRS 2012.
- Extensive experience in report writing using SQL Server Reporting Services like Tabular report, Matrix report, Chart report, Pie Charts and column report.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills with clear understanding of design goals of ER modeling for OLTP and dimension modeling for OLAP.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to focus on multiple tasks in a high pressure environment.
- MS-SQL Server 2012/2008R 2/ 2008/2005/2000
- MS Visual Studio 2008/2005
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2012/2008R 2/2008/2005/2000
- SQLserverAnalysisServices(SSAS)2012/2008R 2/2008/2005/2000
- SQLserverReportingServices(SSRS)2012/2008R 2/2008/2005/2000
- Oracle 10g/9i/8i
- MS Access
- T- SQL
- ASP .NET
- Windows7/Vista/NT/XP/ 2003/2000/98
- Rational Clear Case
- Windows 2000Advanced Server.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
SQL Server/MS BI Developer
- Data source/element mapping, creating load scripts, identifying and resolving conversion issues.
- Used T-SQL to create complex codes/programs for conversion and data testing.
- Scrambling of live data to test data, executing conversion processes.
- Created various database object like stored procedures, functions, tables and views
- Created SSIS package to load data from Flat Files, Excel spreadsheet and SQL Server 2008R2 to SQL Server 2012 by using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term Extraction, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, and Slowly Changing Dimension.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to Validate, Extract, Transform and Load data to Data Warehouse and Data Mart Databases.
- Worked with application developers and production teams across functional units to identify business needs and discuss solution options.
- Planned, Defined and Designed data based on business requirement and provided documentation.
- Scheduled and maintain packages by daily, weekly and monthly using SQL Server Agent in SSMS.
- Converted the Oracle DB objects to MS SQL Server 2008 DB objects like Tables, Views, and Stored Procedures.
- Designed the packages in order to extract data from SQL DB, flat files and loaded into Oracle database.
- Designed and implemented Stored Procedures and Triggers for automating tasks.
- Evaluated database performance and performed maintenance duties such as Tuning, Backup, Restoration and Disaster Recovery.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008, SSIS, T-SQL, SSMS, Oracle, BIDS, Win 2008 Advanced Server, VSS, Erwin v7.3.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Installed SQL Server 2008R2 with the latest service packs.
- Migrated Database from SQL Server 2008 to 2008R2 by using side by side migration.
- Created tables, indexes and designing constraints.
- Wrote several SQL Scripts such as finding long running queries, blocking sessions, archiving data from production to archive server and populating reporting data.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column etc., which did Data Scrubbing, including data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Worked with ETL to implement the slowly changing transformation, to maintain Historical Data in Data warehouse.
- Created Error and Performance reports on SSIS Packages, Jobs, Stored procedures and Triggers.
- Enhanced and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Wrote stored procedures for report generation in SQL Server2008R2.
- Created Alerts for successful or unsuccessful completion of Scheduled Jobs.
- Developed and designed cubes with calculated members, Design Dimensions and using the MDX expressions for the various calculated members, actions and KPI.
- Involved in Designing and deploying cubes in SSAS environment using Snowflake and Star Schema Designs for the operational data
- Created Sub-Reports, Drilldown-Reports, Summary Reports, and Parameterized Reports in SSRS.
- Rendered reports, managed subscriptions, created reports with report builder, report snapshot and report Cache.
- Administered interface to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history using SSRS 2008R2.
- Created and Maintained Database Maintenance Plans.
- Strong team player and self-motivated.
Environment: SQL server 2008R2, Windows XP/2007. BIDS 2008R2, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Microsoft Share point.
Confidential, Manassas, VA
SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Developed logical and physical database (using ER-win, Normalization, Dimension Modeling and Enterprise Manager).
- Wrote Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views and Queries. Created indexes, Constraints and rules on database objects.
- Developed and deployed SSIS packages to load data from OLTP to Data Warehouse system.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, CSV, Flat Files etc.) and loaded the data into target data destination by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Used SQL Server Agent to automate the SSIS 2008 package execution.
- Developed stored procedures to transform the data from enterprise data warehouse to SQL server and load data to fact tables.
- Transferred data from various sources like MS Excel, MS Access, and SQL Server using SSIS 2005/2008 and then created reports using this data using SSRS.
- Configured and maintained Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS.
- Identified and added the report parameters and created the reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2008.
- Tested and managed the SSIS 2005 and SSIS 2008 packages and was responsible for its security.
- Scheduled and monitored all maintenance activities of SQL Server 2005 including database consistency checks and index defragmentation.
- Set up database backup and recovery strategies.
- Designed and Implemented the Stored Procedures and Triggers for automating tasks.
- Maintained all records of project status and followed changes as per control procedures.
- Provided technical support to internal developers and external clients.
- Generated test data and tested database to meet the functionalities/deliverables in the project documentation and specifications.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, MS Access 2000, Erwin v7.0, T-SQL, MS-Excel, MS-Access, SQL Server Management Studio, MS SQL Profiler.
SQL Server Reporter and Developer
- Worked as a developer in creating complex Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions.
- Managed index statistics, Tables, Views, cursors and optimizing queries by using execution plan for tuning the database. Implemented different types of constraints on tables.
- Implemented Performance tuning to optimize SQL queries using query analyzer.
- Tested to optimize the procedures and triggers to be used in production.
- Involved in project planning, scheduling for database module with project managers.
- Created the reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2008.
- Formatted the reports using the Global variables and expressions.
- Created detailed reports for the customers to help them decide which property to purchase by showing demographic information based on various parameters.
- Authored performance based reports for the managers to show sales against various measures like Time, Area, and Price-Range.
- Identified and defined the Datasets for the report generation.
- Extensively used SSIS Import/Export Wizard, for performing the ETL operations.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- Performed database transfers and queries tune-up, integrity verification, data cleansing, analysis and interpretation.
- Configured replication servers and transactional replication between production and standby server for disaster recovery. Examine two-way database replication using SQL server.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, DTS, Windows 2003, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL Server Query Analyzer, Erwin, MS Visual Source Safe, FTP Communication, MS-Visual Studio, MS Access, Oracle 10g, UNIX, XML, XSLT, ADO.Net.
Confidential, Plano, TX
SQL Server BI Developer
- Maintained databases, performed software installations and monitored Database Performance.
- Involved in reverse and forward loading of the schema of a database using Erwin.
- Responsible for gathering Business Requirements and System Specification from users.
- Studied detail changes that need to be made to each business process that is performed by all the systems impacted.
- Designed and Developed Database Objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Rules, Defaults, user defined data types and functions for this project.
- Developed, tested and implemented Referential Integrity rules and regulations through constraints, triggers and views, partitioned views.
- Implemented automated backup and database maintenance / cleanup jobs.
- Generated Views for specific columns on a table to maintain privacy of a customer data.
- Created Indexes to get the high level performance.
- Performing the ETL operations to support the incremental, historical data loads and transformations using SSIS.
- Experience in the design, development and maintenance of different cubes using SSAS.
- Regular responsibilities for updating staging and dimensional databases as well as rebuilding the dimensions and cubes on Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Designed numerous ad-hoc and custom reports using SQL Reporting Services.
- Created various Tabular and Matrix Reports using SSRS.
- Generated Ad-hoc reports and cascading reports for historical data using SSRS.
- Involved in the implementation of Performance Point Server (PPS).
Environment: SQL Server 2005, Query Analyzer, SSIS 2005, T-SQL, Excel, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services 2005 (SSRS), Windows 2000/XP, ProClarity, SSAS, SharePoint services, Erwin.