- 7+ years of Experience in Development, Implementationand Reporting in MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008/2008 R2/2005/2000with Business Intelligence in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS).
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS, Bulk Insert and BCP.
- Hands on experience with performing various SSIS data transformation tasks like Look - ups, Fuzzy Look-ups, Checksum, Conditional Splits and Error Handlers etc.
- Created SSIS Templates for developing SSIS Packages in such a way that they can be dynamically Knowledge of deploying packages into Development, Testing and Production Environments.
- Extensively used SSIS packages to Import data from sources likeFlat Files, Excel, HTML and Raw Files.
- Extensive experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and automating DTS/SSIS Packages.
- Experienced in Conversion of Complex DTS Packages to SSIS from scratch and using third party tools like DTS Xchange.
- Good Knowledge of Data Warehouse architecture and attribute relationships between Fact and Dim tables.
- Experience in Developing and Extending SSAS Cubes, Dimensions and data source views, SSAS-Data Mining Models and Deploying and Processing SSAS objects.
- Extensive Knowledge in Creating Relationships, Measures, Partitions, Calculations using DAX and KPIs in SSAS Tabular model.
- Experience in creating and scheduling SSIS Packages to perform Dimension and Cube Processing.
- Developed OLAP Cubes by using SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS.
- Experience in gathering Business Requirements and translating them into technical specification and creating reports with respect to business requirement.
- Worked with improving the performance on SQL, TSQL and SSRS procedures and provided the recommendation on server related tuning issues.
- Working knowledge in performance point server in developing dashboards, reports, etc.
- Efficient in creating Joins and Sub-Queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Experience in Normalization/De-normalization Techniques for optimum performance in relational and dimensional database environments.
- Performed Duties like new account development, customer management, stakeholder identification, requirements analysis, product planning and scheduling, design, development and support, managing projects.
- Expertise with scheduling and monitoring jobs using SQL Server Agent to perform hourly/daily/monthly data loads.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in handling multiple tasks, able take initiative to handle responsibilities independently as well as a member of team.
Relational Databases: SQL Server 2014/2012/2010/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000 , MS Access.
Tools: SQL Server Management studio, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, DTS, Microsoft Visual Source Safe and SQL Query Editor.
T: SQL, HTML, XML, SQL, C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net
Operating Systems: Windows 98/NT/2000/XP, Windows Server 2003/2008, UNIX, LINUX
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, XSL
Application Packages: MS Office, MS Outlook (Microsoft Office Suite)
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SQL BI Developer
- Worked as a developer and acquired excellent skill in creating complex Stored Procedures , Functions , and Triggers for automating tasks, Views and complex SQL queries for applications.
- Managed and resolved design issues during development and production.
- Cleansed and transferred data from various OLTP data sources, such as Oracle , MS Access , MS Excel , Flat Files , CSV files into SQL Server 2014 by using SSIS packages.
- Created ETL packages with different data sources ( SQL Server , Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files) and then loaded the data into destination tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS packages.
- Experience with Data migration utilities ( Import & Export - BCP, Bulk Insert ) from flat files to SQLServer.
- Used DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) functions for the creation of calculations and measures in the Tabular Models.
- Extensive Knowledge in SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX , Data Mining Models , developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Create Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Views , T-SQL scripting for complex business logic.
- Created Roles for SSAS Tabular Model provide additional Security at the row-level by using row-level filters Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Designed Perspectives and Hierarchies in SSAS Tabular model.
- Writing T-SQL queries ( DDL and DML ). Creating SQL Scripts for data loads and Upgrades for data migrations and data validations.
- Created and maintained logins, roles and permissions on the SQL instances and databases and provided required privileges according to the user's requirements.
- Involved in development, deployment, scheduling, and troubleshooting SSIS packages.
- Involved in complex SSIS package development with Microsoft BI standards and Development strategies to pull data from various data sources such as ( SQL Server , Excel, and Flat file ).
- Worked extensively with Slowly Changing Dimension and lookup Transformation for implementing Inserts and Updates. Involved in scheduling, creating snapshots and subscriptions for the reports ( SSRS 2012 ).
- Involved in Report Design and Coding for Standard Tabular type reports, including Drill down and Drill through functionality and Graphical presentations such as Charts.
- Manage change control based on customer requirements to according to project work flow.
- Assisted in change/release management and deployed various packages in different lower environments.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014/2012, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, SQL Query Analyzer, SQL profiler, Enterprise Manager, Tableau, HTML, MS Access, Crystal Reports.
Confidential, Richfield, MN
SQL BI Developer
- Involved in Normalization of the database and bringing it to 3NF .
- Developed Complex Stored Procedures, Views and Temporary Tables as per the requirement.
- Extracting and Loading data into SQL Server Database using SSIS .
- Extensively involved in designing the SSIS packages to export data from flat file source to SQL Server database.
- Created Tabular Reports , Cross Tab Reports and Sub Reports .
- Created SSIS Packages to migrate slowly changing dimensions.
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements.
- Pulling data on a daily basis from OLTP database to OLAP or staging database using the SSIS packages.
- Performed the task of data transfer from files in remote server to folders in another server using FTP .
- Created database maintenance plans and deleting of history data using SSIS packages.
- Experience in working on Cube structure optimization for MDX query performance in Analysis Services 2008/2005( SSAS ).
- Generated Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Reports as per the customer requirements using subscriptions and Created Tabular Reports, Cross Tab Reports, Sub Reports.
- Highly responsible for development and management of PPS , SSAS,SSRS and SSIS projects.
- Building KPI reports for the cubes and optimizing the reports.
- Involved in partitioning of cubes to increase the performance of cubes ( SSAS ).
- Designed SSRS 2008 reports with Cascaded Parameters, Gauges and Interactive Charts, etc.
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008R2 Reporting Services (SSRS) with proficiency in using Report Designer as well as Report Builder.
- Created SQL Server Reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2008 .
- Using SQL server reporting services (SSRS) delivering enterprise, Web-enabled reporting so create reports that draw content from a variety of data sources.
- Involved in Tabular Data warehouse and DAX operations for SSAS 2012 and 2008 OLAP databases.
- Designed, Build the Dimensions, cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services ( SSAS ).
- Generated matrix reports, drill down, drill through, sub reports, chart reports, multi parameterized reports.
- Developed reports and deployed them on server using SQL Server Reporting Services ( SSRS ).
- Rendered the reports to PDF formats as per the requirement and printing all the reports in a batch process for Monthly Statements.
- Create parameterized Reports using Charts, Cross-Tab and Sub-report types.
Environment: Windows server 2003, IIS 5.0, MS SQL Server-2012/2008R2, Enterprise Edition, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL, DTS, SQL Profiler, OLAP, OLTP, Erwin, Performance Point Sever,MS Excel.Confidential, Nashville, TN
SQL BI Developer
- Created complex Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, SQL joins and other T-SQL code to implement business rules for Tableau reports and SSRS reports. Implemented different types of constraints on tables for consistency.
- Analyzed reports and fixed bugs in stored procedures on the ongoing database operations, as needed, to resolve business problems.
- Created several SSIS packages for extracting data from data bases like SQL, DB2 and load those data into tables in SQL server to create final Roster report.
- Created Variables, Expressions for Connection String, Project Parameters, Package Configuration, Parent package variables. Worked on Project level deployment in TFS.
- Documented design and development works for creating views, stored procedures or SSIS packages pertaining to Izenda or Tableau reports deployment, uploaded reports into SharePoint site.
- Worked on various mingle tasks for different sprints contributing for hyper loop process and Bullet train.
- Created different SQL jobs and maintained those jobs in the production.
- Performed tune to optimize SQL queries using SQL profiler and query analyzer.
- Worked on deploying the code and unit testing in different team environments.
- Involved in performance tuning using indexing (Cluster Index, Non Cluster index) tables.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables and other SQL Joins and Statements for Applications by using T-SQL.
- Develop staging tables and created indexes in the destination table in order to make the ETL process faster than expected.
- Worked on Tabular Data warehouse and DAX operations for SSAS 2012 and 2008 OLAP databases.
- Wrote MDX queries and KPI's using SQL server 2008/2012 SSAS.
- Created org Hierarchy for the process of authorization and authentication for accessing Tableau reports by end user.
Environment: MS-SQL Server 2012/2008R2/ MS-SQL Server Reporting Services, MS-SQL Server Integration Services, Windows Server 2012, VB.NET, ASP.NET, MS-SQL Server Analysis Services, T- SQL, MDX, Source Safe, Team Foundation Server.
- Involved in installation and configuration of SQL server 2005 on Servers .
- Created Database Objects like Tables , Stored Procedures , Views , Triggers, Rules , Defaults , user defin ed data types and functions.
- Implement and maintain database security .
- Implemented trigger and stored procedures and enforced business rules via checks and constraints.
- Fine tuned Stored Procedures using Execution Plan in T-SQL for better performance.
- Going through the clients' requirements and coming up with database design a nd application architecture.
- Troubleshoot and mi nimize production down issues.
- Designed new job process, new database maintenance plans, DTS programs and did performance tuni ng of the existing processes.
- Created Scheduled maintenances and backup procedures to the database a s a disaster recovery method.
- Involved in creating Databases , Tables , Cluster/Non-Cluster Index , Unique/Check Constraints Views , Stored Procedures, Triggers, Rules and Defaults.
- Data conversions and data loads from various da tabases and file structures.
- Monitor failed and long running MS SQL Server job s.
- Monitor, tune, and analyze database performance and allocate server resources to achieve o ptimum database performance.
- Maintaining User account administration for Different domains.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/ 2008 R2/2008, SSIS, Visual Studio 2005, VB.net 2005.
Jr MS SQL Developer
- Created tables, views,indexes based on the requirements
- Wrote complex SQL queries to retrieve information from the databases depending on the requirement.
- Involved in designing of Conceptual Logical Model and Physical Model.
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server.
- Developed Database Triggers to enforce Data integrity and additional Referential Integrity .
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links and formatted the results into reports and kept logs.
- Involved in performance tuning and monitoring of both T-SQL and PL/SQL blocks.
- Used SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer to optimize DTS package queries and stored procedures
- Wrote T-SQL procedures to generate DML scripts that modified database objects dynamically based on user inputs
- Created Stored Procedures to transform the Data and worked extensively in T-SQL for various needs of the transformations while loading the data
- Involved in performance tuning using indexing (Cluster Index, Non-Cluster index) tables.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, T-SQL, DTS, TOAD, Microsoft Visual Source Safe, MS Visio, MS Projects.