- Over 9 years of IT experience as a MS SQL Server Developer in various Industry verticals like Finance, Retailers, Insurance, Pharmaceuticals, Banking.
- Experience in developing the applications using T - SQL Programming (DDL, DML, and DCL).
- Conversant with all phase of Software Development life cycle (SDLC) including development, designing, analysis, coding, testing and implementation.
- Extensive experience in MS SQL Server 2012/2008R 2/2008/2005/2000, BI tools like SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Proficient in using T-SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Views, User Functions, common table expressions (CTEs, Relational Database Models and Data Integrity, SQL joins and Query Writing.
- Experience in using Change Data Capture for track DML Operation on Database level.
- Strong in creating table Partition for better performance for Database and creating Partition Function and Partition Scheme.
- Highly Proficient in developing SSIS Packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL)/DTS data into the Data warehouse from Heterogeneous data sources such as Oracle, DB2, Sybase, Excel and MS Access CSV, Oracle, flat file.
- Strong experience working with BCP, DTS, SSIS packages, creating jobs and linked servers for MS SQL Server/Sybase databases.
- Proficient in creating, configuring and fine-tuning ETL workflows designed in DTS and MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent and Scheduled SSIS Packages.
- Strong experience in designing and developing large number of enterprise reports (SSRS/Business Objects) using the data from ETL loads, SSAS Cubes and various heterogeneous data sources.
- Expertise in creating cubes with dimensions and facts tables in MOLAP Warehouse using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Strong in optimizing MOLAP cubes by partitioning them, designing aggregations and implementing hierarchies. Created calculated measures and dimension members using Multi-Dimensional Expressions (MDX).
- Expert in designing complex reports like reports using Cascading parameters, Drill-Through Reports, Parameterized Reports and Report Models and ad hoc reports and deploying SSRS reports on the portal for user accessibility.
- Expert in writing parameterized queries for generating tabular reports, formatting report layout, sub-reports using global variables, subtotals, expressions, functions, sorting the data, defining data sources for the reports using SSRS.
- Strong experience in logical and physical database design and development using Erwin and SQL server enterprise manager. Expert in using Performance Tuning tools like MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning wizard, SQL Server Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Strong experience in database installation, capacity planning, implementing backup and recovery strategy for application and database.
- Worked in collaborative team environment with other developers, business analysts, and a project management team.
- MS SQL Server 2012/2008R 2/2008/2005/2000
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS 2005/2008/2010/20012 )
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2005/2008/2010/20012 )
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS 20052008//2010/20012 )
- Data Transformation Services (DTS)
- MS Visual Studio 2008/2005
- Microsoft Products MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS Power Point
- MS Access 2007/2003
- ERWIN 4.0/4.1/4.2/7.2
- Microsoft Visio 10.0/11.0
- MS VISIO
- MS office 2007/2003
- Windows 2003/2000.
MS SQL Server/SSIS Developer
- Worked with business stakeholders, application developers, production teams and across functional units to identify business needs and discuss solution options.
- Agile methodology was used throughout the project, Performed pivotal role in planning and developing as well as aligning with the assigned sprints.
- Developed and deployed SSIS packages for ETL from OLTP and various sources to staging and staging to Data warehouse using Fore Each Loop Container, Execute Package task, Execute SQL Task, Sent Mail task, Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, CDC Control Task, CDC Splitter, CDC Source, Slowly Changing Dimension and more. Performed ETL mappings using MS SQL Server Integration Services.
- Created C# Script for Control Flow and Check File existence using Script task in SSIS.
- Supported Production Environment with schedule the packages and make the package dynamic with SQL Server Package Configuration.
- Involved in Production support with Deployment of the SSIS Packages and schedule SSIS packages using SQL Server Agent Job.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries to retrieve data from the database.
- Created/Updated database objects like tables, views, stored procedures, function, packages.
- Designed Change data capture to capture insert, update, and delete activity applied to SQL Server tables, and to make the details of the changes available in an easily consumed relational format.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Rigorously tested and debugged the Stored Procedures and used Triggers to test the validity of the data after the insert, update or delete.
- Deployed reports on Report Server and SharePoint Server also scheduled reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports including current status.
- Developed and delivered dynamic reporting solutions using MS SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Involved in monitoring and tuning report performance by analyzing the execution plan of the report.
- Generated Drill down, Drill through, Matrix Reports, parameterized reports, cascading parameterized Reports using SSRS.
- Designed and developed monthly, quarterly and yearly reports at branch and bank level.
- Involved in table and index partitioning for performance and Manageability.
- Identified, tested, and resolved database performance issues (monitoring and tuning) to ensure database optimization.
- Monitored the overall performance of the database to recommend and initiate actions to improve/optimize Performance.
- Used SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and the server activity.
Tools: & Technologies:SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008, Server Integration Services 2008, SQL server Reporting Service 2008, Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, MS Excel, T-SQL,ERWIN 7.2, C#Confidential, Pleasanton,CA
MS BI/SSIS Developer
- Performed Data transfers between different homogeneous/heterogeneous systems (Excel, MS Access)
- Working experience in BI Solutions (ETL & Reporting) using SSIS and T-SQL Programming using DDL, DML, DCL commands for various business applications.
- Extensive Experience in RDBMS concepts such as Tables, User Defined Data Types, Indexes, Indexed Views, Functions, CTE’s, Table Variables and Stored Procedures.
- Effectively used Normalization and De-Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP systems in creating Database Objects like tables, Constraints and Indexes.
- Extensive experience in using SQL Server Profiler to monitor the SQL server for deadlocks, long running queries and fine tune the same to improve performance.
- Wrote C# script in Script task of control flow.
- Experienced in Error handling and debugging coding issues and troubleshoot production problems.
- Experienced in SQL Optimizing by using SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Database Tuning Advisor.
- Well-versed in usage of SSIS Control Flow items(for Loop, Execute package/SQL tasks, script task, send mail task) and SSIS Data Flow items (Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Fuzzy lookup, Fuzzy Grouping).
- Developed SSIS package for implementing Slowly Changing Dimension. Fact Load and Dimension Load. Incremental Load.
- Used incremental approach in the Work Flows and Data Flows to integrate source data into warehouse tables using required transformations.
- Involved in configuring and creating SSIS solutions for ETL and Business Intelligence Process for data integration and migration services.
- Experienced in creating configuration files to deploy the SSIS packages across all environments.
- Skilled in error and event handling: precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check points and Logging.
Tools: & Technologies:SQL Server 2008/2005, BIDS 2008/2005, Integration Services 2008/2005, Visual SourceSafe, T-SQL, MS Access, Windows XP/2007 Server, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, C#Confidential Irving,TX
MS SQL SSIS/SSRS/SSAS Server developer
- Transformed data from different data sources like Oracle, Flat files, SQL data bases to SQL Server 2008 using OLEDB connection providers by creating various SSIS packages. Data is transformed from hub (ODS) to data warehouse.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages (.dtsx files) to validate, extract, transform and load data from ODS to related destination databases for residential, business, large business users.
- Created SQL server Analysis Projects and created multi-dimensional databases and OLAP cubes and dimensions for the analysis of capacity planning task in specific areas for departmental manager using SSAS.
- Migrated the data from the appropriate databases to end database and maintained batch log files. Involved in the usage of variables to make the packages dynamic and scheduling the package in SSIS (sequential scheduling).
- Implemented AD HOC reporting with the report builder for the end users. Involved in scheduling reports to run weekly, quarterly, monthly based on the data to be reviewed by the manager.
- Generating Drill- through, Drill down, Matrix, Snapshot reports using the data from the Data warehouse using SSRS with Microsoft Share Point Integration 2007.
- Involved in identifying and creating data sources and data source views in SSAS. Involved in Creating Dimensions and Cubes and deployed it on to the server for the managers to analyze the ongoing production support for the application as required.
- Implemented the elements of T-SQL like dynamic stored procedure to store and update the information regarding residential, business and large business customers into one centralized SQL database called hub.
- Enhanced the business logic using User Defined Functions to retrieve information on the services like Retailers Debit, Credit etc.
- Created indexes on the database tables and generated trace events to improve the query performance and optimize data access.
Tools: & Technology:MSSQL Server 2008, SSIS2008, SSRS2008 with Microsoft Share point Integration 2007, SSAS 2008, Windows XP, MS EXCEL.Confidential, Jersey city, NJ
MS SQL Server SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Involved in planning, defining and designing data based on business requirement and provided documentation for further reference. Involved in installation and configuration of MS SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Involved in designing database and perform forward engineering, from conceptual data model to Logical and physical data model using Erwin 7.2 data modeler tool.
- Developed various T-SQL stored procedures triggers, views, and adding/changing tables for data load and transformation, and data extraction.
- Wrote complex Stored Procedure, Queries, Triggers, User-defined functions as per the business requirements.
- Extensive experience with optimizing existing stored procedures and various T-SQL queries.
- Involved in migrating data from MS SQL server 2000/2005 database to MS SQL server 2005/2008 database.
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP systems and scheduled jobs to call the packages. Applied various data transformations like Slowly Changing Dimension (SCD), Aggregate, Sort, Multicasting, Conditional split, Derived column etc.
- Developed packages to handle data cleansing, loading multiple files and executing tasks multiple times (using For Each Loop )
- Developed Master Child Package by using Execute Package Task and Parent Package Variable Configuration.
- Modified the Existing SSIS Packages and added more audits and alerts in case of package failure
- Developed unit test plans for SSIS packages. Modified the existing SSIS packages to meet the changes specified by the users. Scheduled jobs for executing the stored SSIS packages which were developed to update the database on Daily/Weekly/Monthly basis.
- Designed, developed and deployed reports in MS SQL server environment using SSRS 2005/2008. Generated Sub-reports, Drill down, Drill through and Parameterized reports using SSRS 20005/2008. Created reports to retrieve data using stored procedures that accept parameters.
- Scheduled the monthly/weekly/daily reports to run automatically onto the dashboard. Responsible for monitoring and tuning SSRS Report Performance.
- Involved in the development and designing of XML, HTML using cascading style sheets for displaying the reports on the report server. Configured the report viewing security for various users at various levels using report manager.
- Fine-tuned SQL queries for maximum efficiency and performance. Provided documentation for all kinds of reports and SSIS packages. Designed and implemented stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
Tools: & Technology:MS SQL SERVER 2008/2005, SSRS 2008/2005, SSIS 2008/2005,T-SQL, MS Visio 2007/2003, Windows 2003/2000 Advanced Server, Erwin data modular 7.2, C#.Net 2005.Confidential, Irvine, CA
MS SQL Server Developer
- Used the SSIS to migrate databases such as Oracle and Access database, flat files to centralized SQL server destination. Involved in Developing, Monitoring and Deploying SSIS packages and successfully created dynamic configuration packages in SSIS.
- Installed and configured MS SQL Server 2005 along with Visual Studio on a network domain system.
- Created logical and physical data models using Erwin for new requirements after discussion with technical team and application users.
- Implemented slowly changing dimension on 500,000 records that took 11minutes to complete. Improved the performance by replacing it with checksum to 8minutes.
- Designed DTS/SSIS Packages to transfer data between servers, load data into database, archive data file from different DBMSs using SQL Enterprise Manager/SSMS on SQL Server 2000/2005 environment, and deploy the data.
- Used Event Handlers for Exception Handling in SSIS packages.
- Generated reports on wealth information, account information, research reports using ad hoc reporting to be used by the clients and advisors.
- Created Queries, Stored Procedures, and Views to store the data of clients, advisors.
- Created User Defined Functions, Triggers to store data into appropriate tables as and whenData arrives and created indexes to the tables to improve the query performance.
- Conducted performance tuning by using SQL Profiler and index tuning wizard.
- Created many complex Stored Procedures/Functions and used them in Reports.
- Designed, developed and deployed reports in MS SQL server environment using SSRS 2005/2008. Generated Sub-reports, Drill down, Drill through and Parameterized reports using SSRS 20005/2008. Created reports to retrieve data using stored procedures that accept parameters
Tools: & Technology:MS SQL SERVER 2005/2000, SSRS20005/2008, SSIS 20005/2008, Erwin, Visual Studio 2005, MS Office 2003, Windows 2003.Confidential, Chicago, IL
MS SQL Server Developer
- Involved in data transfer from source to target specifications.
- Created complex stored procedures, functions, views, triggers and indexes.
- Involved in assisting QA team in deploying and testing the applications which uses SQL server as database
- Experienced in performance tuning and optimizing for SQL server application by using performance monitor
- Extensive experience in creating Sub-reports, drill-down reports, summary reports and parameterized reports in SSRS.
- Generated reports using SSRS that could be used to send information to different primary vendors, clients and managers
- Created DTS package to schedule the jobs for batch processing.
- Performance tuning to optimize SQL queries using query analyzer.
- Created indexes, constraints and rules on database objects
Tools: & Technology:MS SQL SERVER 2000, DTS/SSIS2000, SSRS2000, Query Analyzer, MS EXCEL.