- Over 10 years of experience in Information Technology.
- 5+ Years of experience as SQL/Business Intelligence Developer
- 2+ Years of experience using Tableau 9.3/10.1 designing Dashboards
- Over 5+ years’ experience with TSQL(DDL,DML) in constructing triggers, tables, implementing stored procedures, functions, views using SQL Server / 2012 .
- Experience in using Business Intelligence Visual Studio Tools (SSIS, SSRS) using SQL Server / 2012 .
- Experience of Physical and Logic Data models, Normalization/De - Normalization, Data Design methodology and build Referential Integrity across multiple tables, Performance tuning, Troubleshooting, Code optimization.
- Experience in developing heterogeneous ETL packages in SSIS for data load in SSIS 2005/2008/2012 .
- Expert in creating parameterize, complex reports, drill down involving sub-reports, matrix/tabular reports, charts, graphs using SSRS in Business Intelligence development.
- Moderate knowledge of SQL DBA activities
- Expert Knowledge of other reporting tools Power-View/Telerik Reporting/Crystal reports.
- Experience using Redgate tools - SQL prompt, SQL data compare, SQL Compare
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Adaptability to any kind of environment in a very short period of time.
AREA OF EXPERTISE:
SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 , BI Tools - Visual Studio - 2008/2012(SSRS, SSIS), Tableau, Queries, T-SQL scripts, Views and Indexes, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Cursors
Databases: SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 , MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle
Web Related: PHP, HTML
BI Tools: SSRS, SSIS, Visual Studio 2008/2012, Tableau
Office Tools: Microsoft Office 2010 (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Access)
- 2+ years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 and BI Stack(SSIS, SSRS)
- 2+ year’s experience with Data Visualization, designing various dashboards using Tableau 9.3/10.1
- Interacted with the Business Analysts for understanding and gathering business requirements.
- Ensure database integrity, creating and managing tables, indexes, views.
- Designing and implementing T-SQL Routines (Stored Procedure, Triggers and User Defined Functions) .
- Creating, modifying and managing Tables, Index, Constraints, Views, Stored Procedures and Triggers .
- Rewritten stored procedures by optimizing it for better performance.
- Involved in code reviews, testing the code/reports/dashboards to comply coding standards and Business requirements.
- Involved in Analysis, Design, Programming, Deployment and Unit Testing of requested Reports and SSIS Packages.
- Developed ad-hoc, parameterized, complex, drill through reports and formatted SQL Server Reports in SSRS 2008/2012 R2 according to business requirements.
- Applied Conditional formatting to highlight key areas, sorting, grouping to create dynamic and user friendly reports in SSRS.
- Developed Dashboards in SSRS, Tableau.
- Deployed reports across all the environments and created and managed email subscriptions using SSRS.
- Designed and developed dynamic SSIS Packages for daily load.
- Developed C# scripting for packages.
- Configured SSIS packages using Package Configuration to allow packages run on different environments (DEV/QA/Prod).
- Involved in ETL enhancements to optimize the packages and implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages.
- Maintain and troubleshoot SSIS Packages and added a new package based on business requirements.
- Created SQL jobs to schedule SSIS Packages.
- Automated ETL load, scheduled SSIS packages to run at different intervals to load data
- Created reports in Telerik Reporting
- Familiarity and knowledge with Agile Methodologies, SDLC - Waterfall model.
- Worked as a Head of Department for last 2 years(2009,2010) and administered three Departments (B.Sc., BCA and M.Sc.), also served as Professor teaching various Computer Science subjects and delivered good academic results. Planned, Implemented and Administered successful operation of Department of Computer Science.
- Course-coordinator for Theory and Lab sessions SQL Server 2008 and Visual Studio tools (SSRS, SSIS).
- Visiting Faculty for Course SAP Business Objects XI R2 (Universe Designer and Web Intelligence) for Theory and Lab Sessions for Course Curriculum of Masters of Computer Applications (MCA).
- Conducted Lecture sessions and Lab sessions for RDBMS / PostgreSQL / MySQL / Oracle / Visual Basic / Software Engineering / PHP / C / C++ / Java.
- Implemented, Organized training programs for basic preparation for certification in RDBMS every year in STES for final year students for better job opportunities.
- Planned and organized visits, field’s studies and special activities related to Computer Science.
IT Database Support Coordinator
- Performed SQL Server Backups, Restore and Recovery for Internal systems.
- Generated reports using SSRS to fulfill management reporting requirement.
- Created drill down, drill through, sub reports and linked reports using MS SSRS 2008.
- Generated parameterized reports in MS SSRS 2008 allowing users the ability to make selections before executing reports thus making them user friendly.
- Assembled and converted management requirements from multiple departments into standard reporting solution and customized management requests when necessary.
- Provided MS SSRS 2008 training to other faculty members.
- Performed data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) between systems using SQL tools such as SSIS.
- Collected data, transformed, Lookups, Split, Merge, Union, Import, Export to and from SQL Server to various sources with SSIS. Implemented scheduled packages with SQL Server Agent.
- Worked as a website Maintenance coordinator for 3 years.
- Using Visual Studio Data Tools SSIS, data collected from various sources in form of text files, excel files, database files was uploaded into MS SQL Server target table which was used for reporting on department website.
- Extensive Project guidance to students on their Industrial Projects and Summer Project Internships.
- Guided them all through various phases of SDLC (Requirements, Design, development, testing) and documentation.
- Helped them with data models, Normalization, ER diagrams, Data flow diagrams.
- Given guidelines for project development and help them in coding and generating reports using Crystal Reports, SSRS.
- Guided Projects with Design and Development of Universes and Reports using Business Objects Enterprise products namely - Business Objects XI R2.
- Involved in creation of BO XI R2 Web Intelligence Reports with different functionalities like Dynamic cascading prompts, drill down, linking reports, charts and Graphs, Sectioning, Ranking, Filtering, Slice & Dice, Alerts.
Instructor, Lab Assistant
- Handled, checked, verification of deadstock entries. Managed resources effectively and ensured proper use of money.
- Conducted Lab Sessions for Computer Science Subjects C/C++/SQL/Oracle.
- Assist the IT Support Specialist for Backup and Maintenance of equipment.
- Installed configured software as needed for the courses.
- Developed the project "College Attendance Project" in MS Visual Basic and MS Access
- Typedef name shall not be used or redefined.
- Function should always have prototype declarations and the prototype shall be visible at both function definition and call.