- An innovative data scientist with more than 10 years of experience in big data, machine learning, and statistics.
- Passionate about explaining data science to non - technical audiences.
- Deliver regular presentations of solutions, ideas, pending issues in team meetings.
- Organize workshops, hands-on technical teaching sessions, data science events.
Software and Programming Languages: C++, Python (scikit-learn, numpy, scipy, pandas), R, SQL, Hadoop (Hive, MapReduce), Linux/Windows, Microsoft Excel, LaTeX, ROOT, Bash scripting, HTML
Machine Learning: regression, clustering, classification
Statistical Methods: regression models, hypothesis testing and confidence intervals, principal component analysis and dimensionality reduction
Data Scientist/Distinguished Research Fellow
Confidential, Batavia, IL
- Convener/Leader for proceedings of Physics Object (Lepton) Identification group.
- Expert for sub-structure techniques in Clustering algorithms and applications for new physics searches.
- Software development using Python, C/C++ to create custom statistical tools.
- Developed and maintenance of SQL tools for accessing detector conditions database.
- Supervision and mentor of young researchers working for their Doctoral theses.
- Organizing training workshops, coordinating weekly Physics meetings.
- Peer reviewing physics data analyses for new searches at CMS and contributions to Indian Journal of Physics (INJP).
- Member of editorial board at "Frontiers in Physics".
- Concurrent with PostDoc Fellowship at KSU.
Data Scientist/ Postdoctoral Fellow
Confidential, Manhattan, KS
- Analyse physics data collected by CMS detector at Large Hadron Collider.
- Perform data cleaning, visualization, parameter selection, hypothesis testing, and provide statistical significance.
- Used Clustering techniques to improve known physics search results by 20 to 30%.
- Entrenched use of techniques like MonteCarlo Simulations, Machine Learning algorithms, Predictive and Exploratory Analysis.
- Proctor scientific meetings, workshops, teaching technical sessions.
- Attend conferences and workshops to broaden knowledge and share research results/ideas.
Senior Research Fellow
- Data Filtering: store only interesting data.
- Feature selection: because not everything recorded in data is useful
- Data Reduction and Selection for analytics
- Data Visualization and Exploratory analysis using ROOT, python
Junior Research Fellow
- Work for world's largest scientific collaboration CMS.
- Contribute towards collaboration wide analysis tools like CMSSW, ROOT
- Teach calculus courses and introduction to Probability and Statistics.
- Create and maintain project webpage - HTML