- 6+ years of extensive Tableau Experience in Enterprise Environment and Tableau Administrator experience including technical support, troubleshooting, report design and monitoring of system usage.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau 8/7/6 and SQL, PL SQL and VB scripting.
- Deploying and scheduling Reports to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status. Established Best Practices for Enterprise Tableau Environment and application intake and development processes.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Administration Tool for Configuration, adding users, managing licenses and data connections, scheduling tasks, embedding views by integrating with other platforms like SharePoint.
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries, Dynamic - queries, sub-queries and complex joins for generating Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, User-defined Functions, Views and Cursors.
- Experience in designing Data Mart and Data Warehouse using Erwin Star and Snowflake Schemas.
- Proficient in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like Dual Axis, Bar Graphs, Scatter Plots, Pie-Charts, Heat Maps, Bubble Charts, Tree Maps, Funnel Charts, Box Plots, Waterfall Charts, Geographic Visualization and other making use of actions, other local and global filters per the end user requirement.
- Blended data from multiple databases into one report by selecting primary keys from each database for data validation.
- Combined views and reports into interactive dashboards in Tableau Desktop that were presented to Business Users, Program Managers, and End Users.
- Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left, and right joins in Tableau Desktop by connecting live/dynamic and static datasets.
- Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server, which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand, needed information.
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Tested dashboards to ensure data was matching as per the business requirements and if there were any changes in underlying data.
- Expert in T-SQL DDL/DML, perform most of the SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Management studio functionality using T-SQL Scripts and Batches.
- Experience in using tools like Index Tuning Wizard, SQL Profiler, and Windows Performance Monitor for Monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
- Thorough understanding of Kimball/Inman strategies, KPI, Data mining structures.
- Ability to write SQLs needed for analyzing data, and is proficient and worked with database like Oracle, SQL Server and Teradata.
- Exposed to all phases of software development life cycle SDLC including in-depth knowledge of Agile methodology, Enterprise Reporting Life Cycle, SQL Server Migrations, Change control rules, problem management and escalation procedures.
Tableau: desktop 6/7/8/9Tableau: Server 6/7/8/9, Tableau Reader 6/7/8/9Tableau: Public 6/7/8/9MS SQL: Server,Oracle, MS-Access 2013, MS ExcelErwin: 8.0/7.2/7.1, MS Visio, T-SQLHTML: XML, ETL, Visual Studio, MS officeWindows: NT/ 2000 Server/ XP,Oracle.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Defined tableau standards, best practices for design and development performance considerations, do’s and don’ts in collaboration with tableau professional services.
- Worked on Tableau server, administrative functions, installation, configuration, back up of servers and load balancing techniques.
- Development and maintenance of enterprise-level analytic solutions. Member of Business Intelligence and Analytics team, multidimensional structures and analytic dashboards. Professional experience with Tableau.
- BI / Data visualization framework and design best practices.
- Designed and developed Tableau dashboards; installed and configured Tableau Server on enterprise wide deployments.
- Provided technical and analytical expertise in responding to complex, specialized report requests requiring high-level data analysis and data management services.
- Installed, upgraded and configured Tableau Server.
- Responsible for creating sites, projects, user permissions, groups on the server.
- BI tools migration strategy.
- Continuous monitoring of tableau server for user availability.
- Created custom admin views for monitoring the usage of server and users in addition to pre-built administrative views available on maintenance page.
- Involved in supporting performance-testing team in testing the performance of tableau servers and workbooks.
- Extensively used data blending techniques in dashboard development.
- Supported different user group and business domains.
- Extensively worked with Risk Management, Mortgage Loan Servicing, and Commercial and Residential mortgage.
- Defined architecture for Tableau - establish Dev/QA/Prod environments
- Setup new projects, security groups, roles and administer users for all supported platforms.
- Worked on Tableau Server upgrades for new versions.
- Providing Tableau Demo’s to new on boarding users.
- Developed worksheets and data visualization dashboards with graphs and filters.
- Created report schedules on Tableau server.
- Involved in Production support for Tableau.
Tools: & Technologies: Tableau Server V 8.2.2/9.2.9, Tableau Desktop V 8.2.2/ 9.2.9/10.0, Oracle, SQL, Teradata, Excel, Windows 2007/2013, BMC (Remedy Ticketing System), Nexus
Confidential, Morristown, New Jersey
- Redesigned the data source having data from different sources into one SQL Server and to tableau.
- Interacted with Business Teams to understand what needs to be visualized.
- Understanding what the client is expecting out of the reports, data cleaning to get to the right numbers for the weekly report.
- Generated tableau dashboards with forecast and reference lines.
- Analyzed and gained understanding of the underlying data. Enterprise Key Metric Tableau dashboard is sourced from multiple Excel files.
- Experience with creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks.
- Developed Tableau dashboards pertaining to Revenue and Sales monitoring using Tableau 8.1.
- Demo of Tableau dashboard to users to enhance their knowledge on all the key capabilities of application.
- Build interactive Tableau dashboards and publish Tableau reports utilizing parameters, calculated fields and table calculations, user filters, action filters and sets to handle views more efficiently
- Worked on the development of Tableau Dashboard reports for Key Performance Indicators for the top management
- Administer and support a multitier Tableau infrastructure including upgrade analysis and planning, security administration, release management, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and general systems maintenance
- Created actions, parameters, Filter (Local, Global) and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets using Tableau.
- Effectively used data blending, filters, actions, and Hierarchies feature in tableau.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau. Manage the users, groups, licenses and integration with Active Directory
- Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
- Converted metric insight reports to tableau reports.
- Working extensively with Tableau Business Intelligence tool to develop various dashboards.
Tools: & Technologies:
Tableau desktop 8, Tableau Server, Tableau Reader, Tableau Public, Tableau Online Windows 2007-Advanced server and Enterprise Server 2003, MS SQL Server 2012
Data Analyst/SQL Developer
- Gathered information from various sources and evaluate them per the client's needs.
- Performed QA Testing of newly added Validations within Salesforce customized pages, in addition to performing detailed Smoke Testing and Regression Testing of existing contact & account functionality.
- Create & update client user manual for a Customized Salesforce CRM, to reflect all software changes completed since the last release.
- Worked on compiling user info using excel to upload new data into Salesforce via a customized Client User Interface.
- Troubleshoot errors generated when uploading data into Salesforce using a customized Client User Interface.
- Researched and recommended multiple Marketing Application Tools for client use, providing more efficient Marketing campaign functionality and metrics. Provided training and other assistance in a BA role during the implementation of Campaign Monitor &Mailchimp.
- Worked on various salesforce.com standard objects and fields like Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, Reports, Dashboards, Marketing, Campaign and Sales.
- Designed the Custom objects, validation rules, Page layouts, Custom tabs, Components, Auto-Response Rules to suit to the needs of the application.
- Customized page layouts for Salesforce standard and custom objects.
- Configured security and organizational hierarchy for sales for Salesforce implementation.
- Created PL/SQL procedures to populate base data mart.
- Analyzed and fine-tuned PL/SQL scripts.
- Involved in Design and development of Workflows rules, triggers, validation rules and other customizations with Salesforce.
- Designed various types of Email templates (HTML and custom), New Templates, Mail Merges and created automated Email Process for new and existing customers using campaign monitor.
- Administered Salesforce CRM applications for Sales, Marketing and Support Departments.
Tools: & Technologies:Visual Studio 2005, T- SQL, Visual Source Safe 2005 (VSS), XML, MS-Access, MS-Excel, MS- Power Point, MS- Word, MS- Project, HTML, Salesforce