- 7+ Years of extensive experience in Business Analysis, Business Intelligence, Data Analysis, System Analysis and Data Visualization experience in various domains.
- Hands on experience in writing SQL queries and optimizing the queries in SQL server 2012.
- Extensive knowledge and work experience in RDBMS concepts like Views, Triggers, Stored Procedures, Indexes, and Constraints.
- Performed data analysis and data profiling in SQL on various sources systems
- Experience with Data analysis and SQL querying with database integrations and data warehousing for large financial and manufacturing organizations.
- Involved in conducting data analysis of system defects, SSIS package and Stored Procedure analysis to identify root cause.
- Experience in database management and query management tools for extracting required data findings; writing SQL Queries for extracting, updating and analyzing data.
- Worked as a Tableau Admin/Developer and Analyst in Health care and Finance Environment with Tableau 8.x/9.x (Desktop, Server).
- Experience in creating different Tableau visualizations like Bars, Lines, Pies, Bubble, Bump, Gantt, Motion and Waterfall Charts.
- Experience in creating aggregates, sets, Joins, bins, hierarchies, sorting, grouping, actions, table calculations, calculated measures, and parameters.
- Strong experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) using Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, RUP (Rational Unified Process) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Extensive experience in creating Screen Mockups and Wireframes, conducting GAP Analysis and Impact Analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk Analysis.
- Proven record of Team Management and Leadership skills. Excellent Presentation skills in regards to communicating with both business and technical teams.
- Experience in analysis and review of Software and Business Requirement Documents with strong background in Documentation.
- Experience in Data Modeling creating Star & Snow - Flake Schemas, Fact and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling.
- Extensive knowledge on relational database concepts like Tables, Entity Relationships, Primary and Foreign keys, Joins, Views and Indexes.
- Highly proficient in writing User stories, creating Use Cases, Use case diagrams, Workflow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Class Diagrams etc. Extensively used Rational Rose and MS Visio for UML.
- Experience in developing Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), conducting GAP analysis, system documentation and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Programming Languages: C#, PHP, HTML, XML, SQL.
Databases: SQL Server, MySQL, Teradata, Oracle (SQL Series)
Data Modelling Tool: SSIS, Erwin, MS SharePoint
Statistical Tools: R, MATLAB
Operating Systems: Windows, Apple McIntosh, Linux
Software: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), MS Visio, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat, MS Office Suite, Rational Rose, ClearCase
Visualization, Reporting Tools: Tableau, QlikView, SSRS
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Data Analyst
- Performed source data identification and analysis to get a clean master data to report to customer.
- Liaison between stakeholders, system users, clients and managers, software development team and the QA term to gather requirements.
- Designed and implemented complex SQL queries for QA testing and report/ data validation.
- Data analysis and reporting using MY SQL, MS Power Point, MS Access and SQL assistant.
- Monitored performance, integrity to optimize SQL queries for better efficiency.
- Performed data cleansing, data validation and mapping as described in the business requirements.
- Created interactive reports and dashboards using tool tips and customized features such as subtotal, alerts, color coding and drill maps to better understand business trends.
- Tested dashboards and reviewed the data for various KPI.
- Extensive use of EXCEL PIVOT tables to run and analyze the result data set and perform UNIX scripting.
- Implemented business modeling, data modeling, and object modeling using MS Visio to develop the business architecture for the application.
- Analyzed, build and documented the different Metadata and Data dictionaries that will be required.
- Actively trained Business Users involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and helped them understand UAT procedure.
- Reviewed the data relationships in the existing system, documented the mappings and coordinated with the interfacing application.
Environment: SQL, MY SQL, Erwin, Data Stage 6.0, Model Mart, MS SharePoint and PL/SQL.
Confidential, Kersey, PA
- Researched and analyzed existing business processes and systems to formulate logical statements of business requirements.
- Looked at the various systems (Origination, servicing system, Data Mart) and understand the transformation.
- Built the lineage mapping document and looked at all the source to be able to document and test the transformation.
- Served as interface between users and Software Engineers to identify software modifications tailored to clients' needs using Leverage (ALS and Policy Link).
- Analyzed how data flows from Point A to B based on line of business (home, auto loans)
- Prepared data lineage mapping documentation.
- Facilitated testing data lineage and prepared data lineage testing documentation.
- Interacted professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Extensively involved in Consumer loan lending process, loan origination, and ALS loan booking process, payment applications, ALS billing & coupon concepts and Citibank, specific external interfaces.
- Assist Data Stewards in their research and testing of their Critical Data Elements (CDE).
- Understand the source systems feeding the Basel Lending Data Mart (BLDM).
- Developed test plans, test cases, assisted in testing. Provide user documentation, user training, and post implementation support.
- Developed test plans and test case scenarios to guarantee the changes to the system design meets business requirements.
- Collaborate with business leaders, IT professionals, and vendors ensuring that management is kept informed of project status and the problems. Issues are escalated appropriately and clearly communicated.
- Demonstrated leadership and partnership skills by interacting with other technology teams within organization to solve problems and deliver solutions.
Environment: Microsoft Office Suites (word, Power point, Access, Excel, Outlook, Project, Visio), Windows, Share point, Quality Center, SQL, UML, Clear Case, Crystal Reports.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Working as a liaison between Business users and developers to submit requirements and changes elucidate queries and issues. Coordinate meetings with business and IT teams.
- Involved in streamlining and automating procedures and data quality control.
- Analyzing data requirements, and automating, through Excel and Access database, as required and this involves reconciliation and analysis of large volumes of inventory data relating to positions in front and back office systems
- Test Case Execution and Adhoc testing. Involved in Integration, End-to-End and system testing.
- Applying experience and knowledge of VBA / SQL to automate projects and ensuring that database output is delivered on a timely and accurate basis.
- Communicating progress of automation and testing through regular status updates
- Constructing detailed procedures and system schema for each database, and ensuring they are communicated to the team.
- Assisting with ad hoc projects including controls assessment projects ad hoc reporting utilizing SSRS and publishing reports to SharePoint site.
- Interaction and work co-ordination with offshore teams.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, Oracle, MS Access, Excel, SSIS Packages, Oracle, Lotus Notes.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Data Analyst/ Tableau Developer
- Worked on inventory and sales data of each VA and using this historical data from previous four quarters, forecasted the inventory needs and threshold limits of medical inventory for each department of the VA Hospitals.
- By visualizing the sales data, vendor data, medical inventory reports and other related subject areas in Tableau, was responsible to provide the insight in to the supply chain at each of the VA hospitals.
- As Tableau Analyst, responsible for performing various report/dashboard activities such as grouping, sorting, filtering, ranking and ordering the data.
- Responsible for building and developing dashboards as Tableau Developer and assisted in publishing the developed Tableau dashboards to Tableau server with security and authentication by Tableau Administrator.
- Involved in translating the business questions and business requirements to actual and final dashboard technical requirements.
- Understanding and translation of current existing reporting system SSRS reports and convert them to Tableau reports and dashboards.
- Using Tableau for data/business predictive findings, for trending, for finding the pattern of data over a period of time.
- Involved in creating the report mapping document, reports specs doc and interacting the cross functional departments for gathering report/dashboards requirements.
- Experience in extracting, transforming, analyzing, visualizing, and presenting data from diverse areas in novel and insightful ways to enable business executives to take informed action.
- Using Tableau desktop for dashboard development activities such as creating the calculations, calculated fields, hierarchies, filters, Actions, Defining the various indicators, gauges for the various KPIs and Measures with various charts and Graphs.
- Implemented the various Tableau functions, Tableau extracts, parameters, conditional formatting, color coding to the dashboards and reports in Tableau Desktop.
- Created Test Cases and documented the Test Results.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards, Scorecards and handled the performance issues effectively.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, SAP HANA Analytics, Tableau 8x version (Desktop and server), Microsoft SQL Server Services (SSIS, SSRS), MS Access and Excel, VBA, Web UI Technologies.
- Acted as a liaison between technical team and business clients to accomplish application enhancement and production
- Gathered user and business requirements through interviews, surveys, prototyping and worked with team to identify gaps and defects.
- Responsible for creating, analyzing and reviewing business requirements, System specifications and project schedule documentation.
- Created business requirement documents, functional requirement documents and system required specification.
- Created UML Diagrams; Use Case and Activity Diagrams using Visio
- Conducted GAP analysis by understanding the AS-IS system and the TO-BE system requirements with the support from SME's.
- Developed a working database system for integration of customer data with transactional data to facilitate data mining through business intelligence and statistical tools
- Initiated customer profiling in SQL based on the user demographics and transactional history thereby visually represented them on Tableau
- Developed complex SQL queries to research and analyze data and to create business reports.
- Performed SQL Query Optimization to improve the performance and to reduce the loading times when running the scripts.
- Designed and developed Project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
Environment: PL/SQL, SQL Server, XML, Rational Rose, UML, MS Project, MS-Office Suite, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, Quality Center 10, Oracle 10g, UNIX, SQL, ERwin.
- Involved in writing SQL scripts and PL/SQL Programs to pull the data from the database.
- Designed and developed complex procedures to handle errors and exceptions at database level using PL/SQL.
- Developed views, functions, stored procedures and triggers using PL/SQL and SQL to load data into the database table.
- Created Functions, Triggers, Views and Stored Procedures using PL/SQL for accessing, integrating and updating data.
- Designed tables, indexes and constraints to maintain data integrity and also ensured efficiency in data retrieval/manipulation.
- Developed complex stored procedures to efficiently retrieve and manipulate data as per business requirement.
- Designed and developed data input methods and designed forms for data collection on UI screens for database synchronization and for retrieving data using SQL queries.
- Designed Business Data Process Flow Diagrams to demonstrate best practices to the functional and technical teams as per the business requirements.
- Designed and developed process data flow models using SQL which can automatically update the database records and provide up-to-date information.
- Monitoring & tuning SQL scripts by performance monitoring. Creating upgrade scripts for production Database and supporting it.
- Excellent experience in interacting with the Development and the testing team, and familiarizing them with the requirements and, demonstrate the same with the Business users and Senior Management.
Environment: Microsoft Office Suites (word, Power point, Access, Excel, Outlook, Project, Visio), Windows, Share point, Quality Center, SQL, UML, Clear Case, Crystal Reports, SSIS, SSRS, Pl/SQL.