- Over 12 years of experience in Database Architecture, designing solutions based on SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration in both OLTP and Data warehouse (Business Intelligence) , performance tuning, migration and disaster recovery.
- Developed, implemented, administer, and maintain policies and standard procedures/practices for ensuring the security and integrity of the company’s databases.
- Designed and implemented high availability solution to VLDB system using SQL Server technology: Always On, Database Mirroring, Windows Cluster with SQL Server Cluster (Active/Passive, Active/Active), SQL Log Shipping, Service Broker technology.
- Big Data: Just completed a migration project that migrates relational database to NoSQL: MongoDB system with three node cluster and Ops Manager.
- Developed Disaster Recovery process for Business Continuity Plan, tested and implemented in PROD environments
- Developed Server Side components like Store Procedures, Triggers, Schema objects using T - SQL in SQL Server 2008/2012/2016
- Rich experience on trouble shooting, resolved based on type, severity, complexity and performance tuning of databases/Query Plans/Query Optimization of T-SQL features like DMV, SQL Profiler, Resource Governor, PerfMon, SQL Sentry, SCOM.
- Developed automated tools for performing routine maintenance works like Backup, Index - defragmentation and for scheduled jobs using scripting languages T-SQL, PowerShell and SQL Server Agent objects, Litespeed.
- Developed ETL components using SQL Server Data Tools, Visual Studio, and controlled versioning using TFS.
- Released many versions of Product into Prod by working closely with engineering team, QA, and infrastructure team.
- Had been an Engineering Developer and developed components using C++, PL/SQL, Oracle 9.
OS: Windows 2k8 R2, IIS, Windows Cluster Services, PowerShell. SAN, RedGate tool, F5 (big IP), VSTF/TFS
SQL server technology: SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2012,SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2005. SQL Server Failover Cluster, Always on, Database Mirroring, SQL Replication, SQL Server Service Broker, SQLSSSIS, SQLSSAS, SQL Reporting Service.
Senior Database Engineer/ Admin
- Lead team of Engineering, QA and Ops for platform migration project (phase I and phase II) that migrates relational data into Big Data (MongoDB) and successfully completed.
- Designed High availability MongoDB system with three nodes and OPS Manager environment, along with Disaster recovery environment
- Worked closely with engineering team to design database, data model, coding standards, triggers, index design, and other schema structure.
- Developed operational procedure for monitoring, system/infrastructures, backups, Index maintenance
- Designed Data Analytic platform (BI) in MS stack for Business Analytic team using SQL Server with Always-On technology and ETL technologies
- Developing a POC for SQL database backend for platform application using SQL Server 2016
- Performance tuning using SQL profiler, DMV, SQL sentry tool and established base line.
- Lead a team that provides 24/7 support services to production environment and offshore engineering team
Sr. Data Analyst/ Architect
- Achieved highly controlled, centralized, Business Intelligence data warehouse for Business Analytic team by having designed, consolidated into many DataMart into a SID data warehouse using star schema methodology.
- Provided 99.00% (Service Level Agreement) availability in production environment by having right system architecture for data warehouse, strategy developed, regular maintenance plans in place.
- Implemented SQL partitioning to improve performance /operational file maintenance.
- Built and supported SQL Server system runs SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for Data extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) packages between database systems, and for Data warehouse/reporting database.
- Analyzed, planned, successfully executed SQL Server upgrade (SQL 2008 to SQL 2012) projects in all environments, with Always-On technology.
- Developed a tool using SQL Server objects to collect database size, row size for doing capacity planning.
- Performed performance tuning, troubleshooting and releasing codes in PROD
- Provided 24/7 on call - support on rotational.
Senior Database Lead
- Performed capacity planning for PROD and built SQL Server environment based on new, expected capacity in a new datacenter for projects.
- Planned, executed data center migration projects with minimal downtime, and their database sizes varies from 1- TB to 16 TB using Database Mirroring/Log Shipping technologies
- Build SQL servers by installing SQL Server 2012, configured Windows Clustering (Active/Active, Active/Passive), Always on and supported systems that have database of size 16 TB.
- Performed performance tuning using SQL Server native tools and provided Tier III support to 400+ SQL Servers, with 24/7 on call rotation, using incident management tool: TFS/VSTF
- Involved in release management and deployed software releases in PRE and then PROD environment using deployment tool Octopus, Autopilot
- Implemented SCOM Monitoring system for monitoring availability, performance, status of SQL Servers.
Sr. SQL Engineer\ Lead SQL Analyst
- Built physical system infrastructure in Bl2, BLU, AMS, DB3 datacenter for Windows Intune with help of GFS, from procurement of hardware to system running.
- Designed and rolled out system with high availability architecture using SQL cluster technology (SQL Server Mirroring, SQL Server Failover Cluster).
- Built SQL Server by installing SQL Server 2008 R2, configured to run in all environments.
- Developed BCP/DR plan, procedures, documented and tested the procedures in both Pre-Prod and PROD environments.
- Designed, implemented and replaced SQL Server Replication technology with SQL Service Broker technology to replicate data, which simplified the complexity of system, release process, and operational works.
- Implemented SCOM monitoring environment for monitoring server availability and performance of Windows Intune system.
- Developed escalation procedures and lead Tier 1, Tier 2 team who supports system globally.
- Performed SQL Server upgrade (SQL 2000 to SQL 2005) projects starting from lower to higher environment.
- Automated maintenance procedure like backup, index maintenance etc., using scripting language: TSQL, PowerShell
- Provided 24/7 support services to all environments