- Over 5+ years of programming experience in Design, Analysis, Develop and Implementation of Business Applications using the Oracle Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Hands on experience with SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) from analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines.
- Experience with Data flow diagrams, Data dictionary, Database normalization theory techniques, Entity relation modeling and design techniques.
- Expertise in Client - Server application development using Oracle 11g/10g/9i, PL/SQL,Forms 10g/6i, Reports 10g/6i, SQL *PLUS, TOAD and SQL*LOADER.
- Extensive experience with Table Functions, Indexes, Table Partitioning, Collections, Analytical functions, Materialized Views and Transportable table spaces.
- Strong knowledge in Data warehouse concepts, ETL.
- Hands on experience with logical and physical Data Modeling with normalizing Techniques.
- Developed Complex database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL
- Developed materialized views for data replication in distributed environments.
- Designed and developed custom Forms and Reports as per client requirements and making them web enabled using Oracle Reports builder 10g and Oracle Forms builder 10g.
- Developed different types of triggers such as item level, data block level, and form level.
- Strong knowledge in customizing existing OAF Screens, forms and reports as per business needs using OAF Substitutions, custom PLL's, Forms Personalization's respectively.
- Extensively worked with the development team to build the Oracle custom forms in various applications and testing the functionality before migrating it to the other instances
- Experience in developing, customizing, modifying forms, reports existing in Oracle Applications according to the business requirements and specifications using Oracle Developer Suite 10g/9i(Forms, Reports) and other front-end tools.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills with clear understanding of design goals of ER modeling for OLTP and dimension modeling for OLAP.
- Performed Data loading process like Loading Data into Oracle Tables using SQL Loader.
- Partitioned large Tables using range partition technique.
- Experience with Oracle Supplied Packages such as DBMS SQ, DBMS JOB and UTL FILE.
- Worked on automation process to drop/create table indexes for existing tables
- Worked extensively on Ref Cursor, External Tables and Collections.
- Expertise in Dynamic SQL, Collections and Exception handling.
- Experience in SQL performance tuning using Cost-Based Optimization (CBO), Explain Plan and HINTS.
- Strong knowledge of key Oracle performance related features such as Query Optimizer, Execution Plans and Indexes.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical skills and strong ability to be a good team player while working in small/large teams
- Excellent written and communication skills, able to communicate effectively within the team and with all stake holders, including Testing Team, UAT Team, business users, and Performance teams
Databases: Oracle 7.x/8i/9i/10g/11g/12c (SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers), MS SQL SERVER 2000/2005/2008 and DB2/UDB
ETL Tools: Informatica (PowerCenter 8.6.1/9.5.1/10.1.0 Oracle Change Data Capture (CDC), SQL*Loader.
Reporting Tools: Business Objects Developer Suite 5.1/BO XIR2, Oracle Reports 2.5
Operating Systems: UNIX (Sun Solaris), LINUX, HP UNIX, AIX, Windows NT/98/95/2000 & Windows XP and Windows 7
Data Modeling: Erwin 184.108.40.206.0
Languages/Utilities: SQL, PL/SQL, Unix shell scripts, Oracle Forms and Reports
Other Tools: AutoSys, Control-M, PVCS, WIN CVS, Informatica Data Quality, B2B Data Transformation, Informatica Power Exchange, Informatica 9.1 Developer.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Production Support, PL/ SQL Developer
- Worked with CA workload Automation (CAWA) tool which loads data from High touch via SFTP into our tables.
- Created Unix scripts to analyze and fix data if there was delay in files from HT which causes duplicates and unique constraints.
- Developed Oracle Procedures and Packages to load data.
- Developed Informatica mappings as part of conversion project from Oracle to Informatica.
- Enhanced existing code according to changes at the store level.
- Extensively worked on data analysis as part of Data Services Support team.
- Analyzed the root cause of data issues by back tracing oracle packages, procedures and informatica mappings.
- Worked on the enhancements and debugging/fixing of production problems.
- Supported production applications when Production Databases or Servers were brought down.
- Ensured production application were up and running by working with Unix and Database On call teams.
- Provided user training and production support.
- Improved the performance of the application by rewriting the SQL queries.
- Wrote packages to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, sub queries and database links.
- Involved in the continuous enhancements and fixing of production problems.
- Designed, implemented and tuned interfaces and batch jobs using PL/SQL.
- Involved in data replication and high availability design scenarios with Oracle Streams.
- Developed UNIX Shell scripts to automate repetitive database processes.
- Worked as an Junior Informatica Admin.
- Migrated Informatica Codes from DEV to QA to PROD using XML method and Deployment Groups.
- Worked as part of Informatica Admin Team and supported while upgrading all our environments from Informatica 9.5.1 Power Center to Informatica 10.1.
- Involved in ETL coding using PL/SQL in order to meet requirements for Extract, transformation, cleansing and loading of data from source to target data structures.
Environment: Oracle 11g/12c, SQL * Plus, TOAD, SQL*Loader, SQL Developer, Informatica 9.5/10.1, CA Workload Automation, Putty, Shell Scripts, UNIX, Windows XP
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Oracle SQL, PL/ SQL Developer
- Coordinated with the front-end design team to provide them with the necessary stored procedures and packages and the necessary insight into the data.
- Worked with Data mapping team to create and establish the relation-ships between the tables based on business logic.
- Created and modified several UNIX shell Scripts as part of automating the data load processes.
- Developed Unix Shell Scripts to process the files on daily basis like renaming the file, extracting data from the file, unzipping the file and remove the junk characters from the file before loading them into the base tables.
- Generated server-side PL/SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation and materialized views for remote instances.
- Developed PL/SQL triggers and master tables for automatic creation of primary keys.
- Created PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and packages for moving the data from staging area to data mart.
- Designed and developed data mart for FFM application.
- Developed scripts to create new tables, views, queries for new enhancement in the application using TOAD.
- Created various GUI screens, with canvases, LOVs, and frames using oracle forms for the internal applications.
- Created and written PL/SQL procedures and triggers for oracle forms at different levels (item/block/form) Using forms builder 10g.
- Developed various reports using oracle reports developer 10g and also published reports into forms.
- Created indexes on the tables for faster retrieval of the data to enhance database performance.
- Involved in data loading using PL/SQL and SQL*Loader calling UNIX scripts to download and manipulate files.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning and Application tuning using various tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE, TKPROF and AUTOTRACE.
- Extensively worked on using hints to direct the optimizer to choose an optimum query execution plan.
- Used Pragma Autonomous Transaction to avoid mutating problem in database trigger.
- Extensively used the advanced features of PL/SQL like Records, Tables, Object types and Dynamic SQL.
- Worked on the enhancements and debugging/fixing of production problems.
Environment: Oracle 11g, SQL * Plus, TOAD, SQL*Loader, SQL Developer, Oracle Forms 10g, Reports 10g, Shell Scripts, UNIX, Windows XP.