- A fulfilled database administrator with a track record of implementing database services, geared towards optimizing the functionality and productivity in a great many environments.
- I hold four progressive years in improving and optimizing the performances of oracle 10g and 11g database.
- Have demonstrated expertise in accomplishing various oracle environment expectations, database installation and upgrades, troubleshooting, backup and recovery, performance tuning, enforce database security procedures and perform other related database services.
- An accomplished database administrator with demonstrated success in designing, and enforcing database solutions that improve business functionality.
- Possess diversified technical background with enterprise system solutions with proven ability to implement technologies that decrease cost, increase performance and positively affect the bottom line.
Operating System: linux, unix, RAC, window
Database: oracle Rdbms, 10g, 11g, 12c warehouse
Tools: OEM/Grid control, Rman, Sql*developer, DBCA, Data Pump
- Install oracle software, creating, configuring and managing oracle database -
- Constantly checks the log files for any critical errors that may have been detected and using proactive measures in resolving them
- Create users, passwords and grant privileges to users in a multiuser environment to ensure access to right users in order to boost the security of the company’s data.
- Developed and tested storage strategies and disaster recovery plans for large manufacturing company's operational database, delivering solutions that guaranteed recovery performance and high availability. Directly responsible for setting up and troubleshooting transactional replications and able to quickly resolve problems and ensure minimal end user downtime.
- Collaborate with the technical directors and site leads to ensure patching and upgrades are scheduled at opportuned times to minimize interruption to site activities
- Managed oracle database administration assignments for diverse industry clients.
- Enhance database performance, perform restores, implement recovery procedures, handle performance tuning tools such as tracing, tkprof, tuning advisors etc, and conduct regular system backups
- Actively performs different forms of advanced recovery activities; point in time, recovery on a different host and other flashback import activities.
- Automate DR log archive and apply monitoring via the OEM Grid control .
- Monitor and proactively tune oracle database via the OEM Grid control (10g) and RAC platforms (11g) or using the Advisors (SQL Access Advisor, SQL Tuning Advisor, and SQL Repair Advisor) or using scripts.
- Assist in investigating and testing RMAN backup enhancement software and hardware; DATA DOMAIN for RMAN
- Apply various patches ( interim patches, patch set CPU and PSU)
- Enhance existing database designs for improved longevity, reduced maintenance, and improved performance.