- Experience in Information Technology. Played leading role in various projects. Built databases, setup backups and monitoring system. Experience with writing procedures and developing documents. Trained junior level database administrators.
- Proven expertise with experience in team leadership. Managed 14 employees as an assistant manager and assisted General Manager. Skills to empower team members for better performance. Strong analytical and decision - making skills to address and resolve issues. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Professionally committed and goal-oriented.
- Oracle 10g and 11g
- BMC Remedy
- Toad for Oracle
- SQL Developer
- MS Visio
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Access and MS Outlook.
Senior Database Administrator
Confidential, Washington, D.C
- Supported production and development databases for various applications on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Lead various projects, installed software and built databases per project requirements
- Supported developers and project managers on database requirements, performance issues and optimum space requirements.
- Installed and configured Golden Gate for data replication.
- Configured RMAN hot backups and setup cron jobs.
- Scheduled and applied quarterly patches
- Provided technical support for new application release projects.
- Supported deployments and executed database builds.
- Performed database performance and tuning for slow running queries or jobs.
- Worked closely with infra structure team in case of any server issues that affected database performance or operations.
- Managed OEMCC 12c on Linux VM environment for database monitoring.
- Supported data analysts, developers and business analysts with database and data issues.
- Managed database security and helped authorized users accessing the database.
- Provided support and on call duties after hours and over the weekends.
Confidential, Reston VA
- Supported all environments of oracle and Sybase databases (development, test, acceptance and production).
- Installed software and build databases for new applications.
- Upgraded databases to newer versions.
- Applied security patches.
- Supported database deployment for new application releases.
- Performed export and import of data from production to lower environments.
- Restored and recovered database in case of any issues.
- Performed decommissioning of databases when no longer needed.
- Tuned databases for better performance.
- Reviewed SQL statements developed by developers for database modification.
- Monitored file systems' space and worked with SAN team to add more space.
- Troubleshot backup failures and slow running jobs.
- Viewed daily reports and alert logs to monitor database errors, space usage, user access, and backups.
- Helped user in accessing the databases and submitting requests.
- Reviewed change tickets and sent for approval.
- Performed on call duties and responded to issues after hours and over the weekends.
Assistant Store Manager
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Supervised 14 employees and daily functions of store business in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Resolved customer issues as high priority to ensure quality customer satisfaction.
- Performed opening and closing duties of the store.
- Monitored daily transactions and cash handling in order to maintain accurate and secured control of cash.
- Audited all the daily reports and balance the accounts at the end of a day.
- Reviewed candidates’ job applications and interviewed potential hires.
- Provided training to new and current employees when required.
- Assisted store manager in completing the required paper work including daily sales reports and employees’ payroll.
- Received employee of the month award several times for high quality customer service.