Experience in multiple industries, including Financial, Brokerage, and Shipping and Logistics. Strong knowledge of COBOL, DB2/SQL, DB2 Stored Procedures/CICS, IBM MQ, SunGard OmniPlus, and IBM Mainframe systems. Proficient in requirements analysis, software design, implementation and testing, deployment, support, documentation, and maintenance.
Languages: COBOLII, DB2/SQL, DB2 Stored Procedures, CICS, VSAM, MVS/JCL, IBM MQ, SAS, .NET
JavaPlatforms: Mainframe, Web, Internet, Windows Server, Frontend and Backend Servers
Databases: DB2, SQL Server, Oracle
Tools: TSO, ICETOOLS, File Aid, INSYNC, Endevor, Changeman, Microsoft Office Suite, IBM Utilities, QMF,Z/OS, SPUFI, TraceMaster, Xpeditor, DB2 Tools, Visual Studios/TFS 2013, IDCAMS,TWS (Tivoli Workload Scheduler), OPC and Jobtrac and CA7 Job scheduling
Confidential,Basking Ridge, NJ
Application Development ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Design, develop and support the UnitedHealth Group’s Claims Adjudication healthcare application. This application streamlines the claims processing function through automation. Technical environment includes COBOL, DB2, CICS, IBM MQ,
- VSAM, JCL, SAS and OPC job scheduling. Also, have a big offshore presence. Processing environment includes both online for pre - adjudication and adjudication of claim till processing details for downstream applications for payment via batch.
- The data is stored in DB2 tables for real time for processing. Used Endevor, IBM Utilities and Xpeditor tools as well.
- Responsible for the Support and development for a Customer Data Delivery project dealing with a large reporting application. This application is reporting all of the data from a large member portal so the other groups are able to access and work with the data. Extract files are sent to clients via FTP, NDM or email for billing purposes.
- Responsible for analysis, design, coding, testing and deployment of moderate to highly complex programs to ensure optimal performance and functionality.
- Reviewed, analyzed, refined requirements and coded specs to ensure quality of the team’s software product.
Confidential,Florham Park, NJ
Lead Application Developer/ Scrum MasterResponsibilities:
- Collaborated with other Application Development and Support teams to ensure all business requirements are met on schedule and with quality.
- Ability to successfully multi-task - Strong in TSO, COBOL, DB2, JCL, VSAM, FILE AID, SYNCSORT, Debugging tools.
- Provided 24x7 high-quality and comprehensive support to production and development communities, overseeing problem definition, issue resolution, ticket documentation, and post-mortem analysis.
- Working knowledge of IBM MQ, DB2 Stored Procedures, CICS and web services.
- Creates unit test plans and reviews documented results to ensure requirements are met with quality
- Offered Front End support and development using TFS/Microsoft Visual Studio and SQL Server database. Created and enhanced existing SQL Server scripts and Stored Procedure SQL. Used Microsoft Visual Studio to trace through code (.NET) to find bugs identified via service tickets. Educated clients and met needs for issues that reduced overhead cost.
Confidential,New York, NY
Consultant/Senior Mainframe Programmer AnalystResponsibilities:
- Participates in defining and developing technical specs to meet business requirements.
- Coordinated development projects, meetings, project plan, and schedules.
- Collaborated with leadership, business units, and other technology groups throughout the project lifecycle.
Confidential,New York, NY
Consultant/Lead Mainframe Programmer AnalystResponsibilities:
- Designed, coded, and unit-and-system tested COBOL II, VSAM, CICS, DB2, stored procedures, and IBM MQ programs in support of new business initiatives.
- Used Xpeditor debugging tool for program debugging.
- Participated in and led teams of developers, quality assurance testers, and business analysts.
Confidential, New York, NY
Consultant/Senior Programmer AnalystResponsibilities:
- Coordinated activities of group with client area and other IT sections (including database, operations, and technical support).
- Proficient in Interest and XPEDITOR online and batch debugging tools.
- Designed programs and procedures to FTP data between mainframe and Unix/Java system.
- Created COBOL/IBM MQ programs to call DB2 procedures for guaranteeing synchronization of PC and mainframe systems.