- Programming and analysis specialist with over 23 years of industry experience serving in production support, DB2 development, stored procedures, maintenance, annual disaster recover, CA - 7 job scheduling, FTP and NDM transmissions.
- Designed, developed, maintained and enhanced software for both batch and online systems utilizing COBOL, DB2/SQL, C, IMS, JCL, Changeman and more.
- Designed stored procedures in batch COBOL and DB2.
Software: COBOL, COBOL II, VSAM, FileAid, DB2/SQL, Stored Procedures, JCL, REXX, CLIST, CICS, SDFII, MVS/OS390, AS/400, z/OS, TSO/ISPF, Xpediter, Changeman, Easytrieve, Endevor, Rexx, Microsoft Office, Natural, MS Visio, File Manager, Librarian, CA7/11, UNIX
Databases: DB2, IMS, QMF, ADABAS, Platinum, SQL Server, Focus
Sr. DB2 DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Analyze, design and build DB2 stored procedures for “de-duping” and “netting” per unique client requirements
- Provide assistance to peers on evaluating design and execution details
- Collaborate with developers to resolve defects in coding
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance
- Work with Business Systems Analysts to ensure programming code meets business requirements
- Balance and prioritize multiple projects concurrently
- Participate in QA and UAT testing
- Supervise and train Consultants and employees new to the team
Sr. Mainframe Production Support / DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Worked on the Trade Line application (import/export) and receive knowledge transfer for the application.
- Determine how MQ XML / Swift messages flow between Cash Pro, Trade Flow and Trade Line.
- Maintain responsibility for the application and play a major role in production support, development, maintenance and enhancements as per the requirements.
- Worked on other applications, including: World Banking System (WBS), Escrow Management, Customer and Product Profitability, Corporate Account Analysis, Credit Card Exception Reporting, Automated Investment System (Sweeps) and the Account Reconciliation System.
Lead Mainframe COBOL / IMS / DB2 DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Designed, developed, maintained and enhanced software for both batch and online systems utilizing COBOL, DB2/SQL, IMS, JCL, Changeman and more.
- Balanced and prioritized multiple projects concurrently.
- Adhered to SDLC approach throughout the projects.
- Demonstrated excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Provided complete production support of LISS application.
Sr. Mainframe COBOL / DB2 Developer
Confidential, Westlake, TXResponsibilities:
- Converted existing COBOL, Natural and ADABAS programs to call DB2 service routines for dual updates.
- Developed programs in COBOL and DB2 to systematically identify tax authorities that allow wires and suppress creation of physical checks (saving thousands in cost).
- Designed several stored procedures in batch COBOL and DB2.
- Developed programs to load balance records file to automate the FMS Manual Payments.
Mainframe Technical Analyst
Confidential, Dallas, TXResponsibilities:
- Effectively worked with the business partners on requirements to develop and enhance healthcare claims processing applications utilizing COBOL II, JCL, DB2, CICS and more.
- Implemented, installed and tested new releases from a third party vendor known as FISS.
- Maintained and supported the existing batch and online systems.
Senior Programmer / Analyst
- Worked with the business partners, end users and IT personnel to gather requirements for the decommissioning project.
- Analyzed and documented the current stored procedures written in batch DB2 and COBOL for the legacy sub-systems to be retired.
- Developed a repeatable methodology to decommission customer service legacy applications and recommended a toolset for the retiring applications during phase I.
- Implemented methodology with detailed project plan developed in phase I.