Sql/bi Developer, Pentaho etl Developer Resume
- Over 7 years of IT experience, which includes analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of applications, reports and databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle) in production environments and providing ETL/Business Intelligence solutions using Microsoft components to various clients (SSIS, SSRS).
- Experienced with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation .
- Extensively worked on BCP (Bulk Copy), Data Migration, Data Conversions, Data Extraction/ Transformation/Loading (ETL) using SSIS/DTS, Oracle and PL/SQL .
- Strong experience in SQL Development, ETL development using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Business Intelligence delivery using Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting solutions using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Expert in developing SSIS Packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL)/DTS data into the Data warehouse from Heterogeneous data sources such as Oracle, DB2, Excel and MS Access CSV, Oracle, flat file.
- Experienced in designing high - level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the OLTP-Online Transaction Processing to OLAP with the help of SSIS.
- Experienced in Creating, Configuring and Fine-tuning ETL workflows designed in DTS and MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Extensive experience delivering OLAP solutions by developing Corporate Dashboard Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports, Report Model and Ad Hoc Reporting using Report Builder functionality.
- Experienced in writing Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports, Formatting report layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, Defining Data Source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS.
- Hands-on in development of Drill Down Reports in SSRS and Generated daily, weekly and monthly reports for the manager.
- Working knowledge in performance point server in developing dashboards, reports, etc.
- Efficient in creating Joins and Sub-Queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Developed OLAP Cubes by using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and defined data sources, data source views, Dimensions, Measures, Hierarchies, Attributes, Calculations using multi-dimensional expression (MDX), Perspectives and Roles.
- Performed Data Mining activities like Predictive Analysis, Forecasting on central repository for various application and dashboard functionalities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in handling multiple tasks, able take initiative to handle responsibilities independently as well as a member of team.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2012/2000/7.0/6.5, MS Access 2014/2016, Business Intelligence Development Studio, Enterprise Manager
ETL Tools: Pentaho, MS SQL Integration Services(SSIS),MS SQL Reporting Services(SSRS), MS SQL Analysis Services(SSAS), DTS, Crystal Reports 9/10, SQL Query Editor
Languages: C, T-SQL, PL/SQL, MS Access, HTML, DHTML, XML
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/NT/98, MS DOS, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2010, Windows 7, Mac, Linux and Unix OS.
Application Packages: MS Office suite, SQL Management Studio, Visual Studio.
Confidential, Boston, MA
SQL/BI Developer, Pentaho ETL Developer
- Designing Data Warehouse with user interface to provide facility for end users to load data into system without having technical knowledge using SQL Server 2012, SSIS, C# and .Net APIs.
- Working closely with Actuarial department on loading and analysis of Claims data on daily basis.
- Designing claims reconciliation, validation and analysis reports for accounting and actuarial departments.
- Designing complex ETL processes to support feeds from different sources like flat files, excel, csv, oldeb etc. using SSIS.
- Developing complex SSIS packages using different data transformations like Aggregate Conditional Splits, Lookup, Sort, Merge Join, Data Conversions, Derived Columns, Multicasting, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Scripting with C#, OLEDB Command with SQL etc.
- Developing SSIS packages that uploads multiple flat files using FOR each Loop Container and uses other control flow tasks like File System task, FTP task, Send Mail Task, Script Task etc.
- Scheduling Daily, Weekly and Monthly SSIS package execution process using SQL Server Agent jobs.
- Designing internal and external surveys using .net technology and providing automated report for analysis of the survey results built in SSRS. Reports provides the functionalities like drill down, dash board, drill through, grouping, aggregation etc.
- Managing small DBA related tasks like database backups, restores, log shipping, setting up database access etc.
- Created Roles for SSAS Tabular Model provide additional Security at the row-level by using row-level filters Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Designed Perspectives and Hierarchies in SSAS Tabular model.
- Writing T-SQL queries (DDL and DML). Creating SQL Scripts for data loads and Upgrades for data migrations and data validations.
- Designed new contract log management system for the legal and accounting department to help track of all the existing and new contracts. Also, system manages preapproval process with different stages of approvals.
- Created and maintained logins, roles and permissions on the SQL instances and databases and provided required privileges according to the user's requirements.
- Involved in development, deployment, scheduling, and troubleshooting SSIS packages.
- Involved in complex SSIS package development with Microsoft BI standards and Development strategies to pull data from various data sources such as (SQL Server, Excel, and Flat file).
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SSRS 2012, SSIS 2012, Net Framework 4.5, C#.Net, XML, Entity Framework, Umbraco, Sales force
Confidential, Rhode Island
SQL /BI Developer, Pentaho ETL Developer
- Worked on full life cycle development (SDLC) involving in all stages of development.
- Worked with Business group in identifying the requirements and designing and implementing the Database Schema.
- Created database objects including Schemas, complex stored procedures, User defined functions, Tables, Views, Indexes, SQL joins, Constrains on SQL Server 2014 and SSIS packages.
- Developed and Optimized Stored Procedures, Views, and User-Defined Functions for the Application.
- Using Business Intelligence development studio (BIDS) created Dynamic ETL SSIS Packages to validate, extract, transform and load data from different sources like Data Secured layer (DSL), Web Services and involved in Data cleansing and data transfer.
- Written Complex stored procedures with DSL queries to extract data from DSL layers.
- Used SSIS Script Component to extract data from Web service API and Written stored Procedures to read and load the returned CSV/XML data into SQL tables.
- Worked on Huge Data Transfers from & to SQL Server Databases using SSIS, and used configuration files for production deployment.
- Used SSIS event handles for exception handling and Send mail tasks to send alert notifications.
- Created SQL Server Profiler traces to monitor the performance of T-SQL stored procedures.
- Extensively used deployment tool called ‘Octopus’ to deploy the build to testing and production environments.
- Designed, tested (unit testing and integration testing) and implemented stored procedures and functions for data processing of huge volume of data.
- Created and managed Clustered indexes and Non-Clustered indexes and optimized queries using execution plan.
- Experience in using Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (VSTF) including creating deployment builds.
- Extensively involved in unit testing and Integration testing.
- Created Technical specification documents based on Functional Specification document and Business requirements.
Environment: Windows2003 Advanced Server, ASP.Net, MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014, TSQL, Pl/SQL, QNXT, Visual Studio 2008, Oracle 11g, Pentaho BI.4.8, Pentaho kettle, SharePoint 2007/2010, Tableau, Qlikview, Lotus Notes, Power BI, SSRS, SSIS, Jasper Reports 6.1.0 API, OBIEE, Informatica.
Confidential, Corpus Christi, Texas
- Created diverse SQL Queries for storing and maintaining the data
- Followed Agile Methodology to Implement the Application
- Involved in writing various DB Objects like User defined functions, Instead of triggers, Usage of Indexes for accomplishing various tasks.
- Involved in writing stored procedures for both online and Batch requests handling business logic and functionality of various modules
- Developed Complex database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using T-SQL
- Created Indexes to improve query performance and reduce the storage and maintenance cost
- Created SSIS Packages using various transformations like Multicast, Merge Join, Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Fuzzy Grouping, Slowly Changing Dimension, Aggregate, Conditional Split, and Derived Column Transformations to populate data from various data sources.
- Created packages using SSIS for Data Extraction from Flat Files, Excel Files, and OLEDB to SQL Server.
- Worked on analyzing and Performance tuning queries by looking at the Indexes, appropriate joins, Query Statistics and Execution plans using SQL Profiler /Query Analyzer/SSMS.
- Experience in Event Logging, error handling & logging Log files, File and File Groups, Security, Backup and Recovery.
- Developed SSIS solution for developing a full-fledged data warehouse solution
- Extracted and collected data to Develop reports in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) using Report Builder.
- Maintained all of database service code and Subversion as central Repository.
- Configured Subscriptions and Security for all critical reports
- Managed customer expectations proactively to maintain high satisfaction
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2012, SSIS 2012,SVN, Windows 7, MS Office.
Confidential, Roseland New Jersey
- Worked on extracting, transforming and loading data using SSIS Import/Export Wizard.
- Created SSIS Packages to integrate data coming from Text files and Excel files.
- Created Tables, Stored procedures and defined functions. Created SQL scripts for tuning and scheduling.
- Developed physical data models, data warehouse models and created DDL scripts to create database schema and database objects
- Migrated all DTS packages to SQLServer Integration Services (SSIS) and modified the package according to the advanced feature of SQL Server Integration Services.
- Provided Full Reporting Life Cycle support using SQL Server Reporting Service 2008.
- Developed Tabular Reports, Sub Reports, Matrix Reports, Drill down Reports and Charts using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Query Parameters and Report Parameters to control data returned by the query and filter data at report level.
- Developed tables, Views, Stored Procedures and Triggers using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, and eliminated redundant and inconsistent data.
- Developed logical and physical data models, design data access strategies and wrote SQL code to access and manipulate data stored in relational databases.
- Involved in implementing Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Objects in SSAS 2008. Create Calculate member in MOLAP cube using MDX in SSAS 2008.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs
- Scheduled the reports to run on daily/weekly/monthly basis and email the results to the users in the required format.
- Created User Defined functions for sharing formulas across multiple reports.
- Modified existing reports according to requirements of the end users.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, SQL Integration Server 2008, SQL server Reporting Services 2008, SSAS, Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, MS Excel, T-SQL, Windows XP, Erwin.
- Worked closely with Business analyst to analyze and understand the requirements.
- Created flowcharts, data flow diagrams and support documents with detailed description of each new module.
- Creating star schema data models, performing ETLs and validating results with business analyst.
- Designing Business Objects Universe and creating Web Reports.
- Managing BO Administration activity like server management, creating user profile and access rights etc.
- Building SSIS packages for loading data from different sources like excel files, flat files, SQL server etc.
- Designing analysis reports using SQL server reporting services.
- Creating Autosys jobs and scheduling process for ETL.
- Maintaining and enhancing Informatica ETL workflows.
- Writing and tuning complex SQL, stored procedures and triggers in SQL Server.
- Created new applications using .Net BO APIs, Multi-Threading, Processes, events and windows services like Server Monitor tool and automated server rebooting process.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing .Net applications by adding new features to help monitoring data loads.
- Supporting implemented BI solutions by: monitoring and tuning queries and data loads, addressing user questions concerning data integrity, monitoring performance and communicating functional and technical issues.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, SSIS, Informatica, SSRS, Business Objects Universe Design, Webi Reporting, CMS Management, C#.Net, ADO.Net, XML, ASP.Net, Business Objects .Net SDK, Self Service Packaging
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes