- More than 7 years of IT experience in the Analysis, Design, Development, Administering, Implementing and Testing Client/server application using Microsoft SQL Server and BI suite - Development, UAT and Production Environment.
- Strong technical knowledge in MS SQL Server development including DTS, Microsoft Analysis Services, Performance tuning, Reporting, Designing logical/physical databases and Troubleshooting.
- Extensive experience with different phases of project life cycle (Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, and debugging new and existing client-server based applications).
- In-depth knowledge of T-SQL, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, OLAP, BI suite, Reporting and Analytics .
- Experience in SQL Server DTS and SSIS (Integration Service) package design, constructing, and deployment.
- Transformed data from one server to other servers using tools like Bulk Copy Program (BCP), Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) (2008/2012).
- SQL Server 2008/2012 RDBMS database development including T-SQL programming.
- ETL implementation using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Developing reports on SSAS & SSRS on SQL Server (2008/2012). Sound Experience and understanding of SSAS, OLAP cube and Architecture.
- Expert in creating the MDX cubes and dimensions.(SSAS)
- Experience in logical, physical, and dimensional data modeling, data mapping, and data normalization.
- Experience with adhoc reporting, Parameterized, Custom Reporting using SSRS for daily reports and SSAS projects.
- Worked in Data modeling, creating star and snowflake schemas in SSAS. Also used tools like Erwin.
- Supported team in resolving SQL Reporting services and T-SQL related issues and Proficiency in creating different types of reports such as Drill-down, Top N, Summary, Form and Sub reports, and formatting them.
- Experience in creating complex stored procedures, effective triggers, and useful functions to facilitate efficient data manipulation and consistent data storage.
- Involved in DBA activities such as backups, restores, replication etc.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills, understand business requirements in various domains.
Hardware: HP/Compaq ML 380 Servers, Dell Power edge series
Database: SQL Server 2000, 2005, Oracle 10i
Operating Systems: HP UNIX, Windows 7/10
Language & Protocols: VB/C#.NET, ASP.Net, Java Script, Web Services, SQL, PL/SQL, C
BI Suite: SSAS, SSIS, SSRSETL TOOLS: SSIS
Confidential, Dallas, Tx
MS SQL Server Developer
- Involved in Migration of SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012.
- Implemented and maintained Database mirroring as a Disaster Recovery Solution.
- Installed, authored, and managed reports using SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services
- Analyzed the project environment and sub systems of the project, and prepared a high level documentation for application designing.
- Interact with the clients and gather the requirements and analyzed.
- Responsible for gathering business requirements, developing and reviewing of design documents
- Did trouble shooting of Client connections, viewing error log and applications.
- Performed daily tasks including backup and restore by using SQL Server 2005 tools like SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler and SQL Server Agent.
- Developed and optimized database structures, stored procedures, DDL triggers and user-defined functions.
- Transferred data (ETL) to Data ware house Environment using SSIS.
- Used Data Partitioning, Snapshot Isolation in SQL Server 2008.
- Maintained the database consistency with DBCC at regular intervals.
Environment: SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition, SSAS, SSIS, T-SQL, SSRS, Windows Server 2008, MS Access, Oracle 10i.