Extensive experience with database administration, architecture, ETL, SISS, and Informatica and SQL Server database development. Strong background in data modeling, relational database design, data analysis, documenting, trouble - shooting, networking, and maintaining PC client and server environments. Solid problem solving, testing, technical, customer service, and project management skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Platforms: Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/ Win 7, Windows 2003/08/12 Server, Mac OS 7-OSX, UNIX
Applications: Excel, Word, Visio, IIS, Erwin, Visual Studio, VSS, TFS, PowerShell, Toad, Red Gate Suite, Confio Ignite, Apex SQL, IDERA SQL Admin Toolkit, Longview Financial Suite
Database: MS Access, SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, Oracle 11G, Reporting Services, Relational database design methodologies, SSIS, SSRS, ETL, SSAS, Informatica Powercenter 9.01, Informatica Power Exchange and NetSuite
Networking/Hardware: TCP/IP, VPN, Networking Hardware
Software Development Frameworks: SCRUM, AGILE, Waterfall, ITIL
SR. SQL SERVER DBA
- Consolidated and migrated over 30 SQL 2000, 2005, 2008 databases to SQL Server 2014 and SQL Azure.
- Performed analysis, performance tuning and implementation of best practices for the SQL Server Environment across 4 of Confidential ’s business units including writing plan guides which improved heavily used process used by 20 end users from 6 minutes to 12 seconds.
- Implemented new database maintenance and backup plans to improve efficiency and speed of existing SQL Server backup and maintenance procedures.
- Worked with junior developers to mentor them and train them on proper database practices and improved and rewrote existing ETL and SSIS processes.
SR. SQL SERVER DBA / DATAWAREHOUSE DEVELOPER
Confidential, Aliso Viejo, CA
- Worked with my technical and financial analyst team to build a custom SQL Server Data Warehouse with data from Confidential existing ERP system and created custom SSIS ETL data feeds for the Longview Financial reporting application.
- Wrote custom scripts and stored procedures to improve SQL Server indexing, maintenance, and integrity checks which improved the speed of these tasks by over 70 percent.
- Reduced legacy nightly ETL processing time from 8 hours to 2 hours by rewriting major SSIS pieces, performance tuning existing queries and procedures and proper indexing.
- Upgraded, consolidated, and decommissioned various legacy and mission critical SQL 2000, 2005, and 2008 SQL Servers across the Confidential domain.
- Designed an ETL framework and data load from NetSuite and SQL Server to create data loads for the Callidus cloud application which supported the Confidential salesforce.
- Developed ad-hoc and automated reports for finance and sales using SSRS.
SR. DBA / DATABASE DEVELOPER
Confidential, San Clemente, CA
- Re-architected and developed a custom SQL backend database called Rite Part, which tracks and manages medical parts, chemical compatibility, connections, and materials which is part of a suite of applications responsible for over 30% of the company’s revenue stream.
- Gathered requirements from upper management and end users to complete full logical and physical database design of the Rite Part application and worked with developers who built out the .NET front end web interface of this system.
- Rebuilt critical application to the business called Setmaker. This existing database driven application had no primary keys or referential integrity. Carefully came up with a plan to re-model the database, add primary and foreign keys, clean up data redundancy and orphan records as well as add referential integrity without breaking the existing application layer.
- Redesigned existing ETL and data synchronization processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS). This improvement decreased processing time and improved overall performance by 90%, while substantially reducing unnecessary data synchronizations.
- Rewrote and re-designed over 100+ ETL processes from SQL Server 2000 DTS to SQL Server 2008 SSIS.
- Reduced the load on our production Oracle servers by over 70% by collaborating with a cross-functional team to rebuild our pre-existing Oracle to SQL Server Data Replication (PIMEDI) from a costly full load synchronization for all objects to an incrementally loading ETL system in Informatica Power Center.
- Managed, supported and maintained over 35+ SQL 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012 Production, Development and Test SQL Servers across Confidential Medical's organization including facilities in the US, Mexico, Slovakia, and Italy.
- Developed and tested high availability disaster recovery plans for Confidential ’s mission critical database servers and applications.
- Created backup plans, indexing, performance tuning, query optimization, and responsible for the patching and security of all SQL Servers in Confidential Medicals domain while maintaining near perfect uptimes for all our systems.
- Managed and directed a nearshore and offshore DBA team of 10 SQL Server DBA’s.
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR / ANALYST
Confidential, Costa Mesa, CA
- Responsible for the maintenance and ongoing support of Production and Development servers at Ultralink’s Costa Mesa Facility including backups, redesigning DTS packages and jobs, as well as performance tuning, query optimization, and writing new stored procedures.
DATABASE DEVELOPER / DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Re-designed existing and new web and database driven applications used by over 400 RF engineers and site development staff used in the planning, building and modification of new and existing cell phone towers.
- Worked as a liaison between Developers, Management, and RF end users to gather user requirements developing technical specs and lead my team through the full System Development Lifecycle from these requirements.
- Provided DBA support and maintenance for 6 Production, Development, and Test SQL servers across Confidential ’s domain including creating disaster recovery, backup, optimization plans, security administration, as well as developing new stored procedures, triggers, and DTS packages.
- Troubleshooted and resolved database issues and ASP errors by re-writing and optimizing existing web pages and backend SQL databases.
- Implemented reporting infrastructure for management using SQL Server Reporting Services.
DATABASE DEVELOPER / TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
- Assisted small business and end user clients with a variety of technical solutions, such as:
- Converted existing flat file billing system into a custom designed and developed billing and invoicing database application for Financial Consulting Solutions Mortgage and Credit Card clients using Access, Visual Basic, and SQL.
- Technical assistance with installing, configuring and trouble-shooting software, hardware, and networking components for PC and Macintosh environments.
BUSINESS ANALYST / DATABASE DEVELOPER
- Developed a custom built normalized front and back end SQL, VB, and Access based tracking system, reducing day-to-day administrative tasks by 30%, eliminating redundant data, and providing management with needed customized reports.
- Identified, documented, and implemented process improvement plans for Confidential ’s General Ledger applications.
- Conducted ad hoc analysis and reporting to meet management’s business requirements.
- Worked with over 100 department managers to determine detailed access needs and profiles for users of Confidential ’s General Ledger System (OFCS).