- More than 12 years of experience in various databases - MS SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata and Sybase as Sr. Developer, DBA and Data Architect.
- Experience with Cloud computing using AWS(Amazon web services) and Microsoft Azure .
- Expert level skills in Business Intelligence(SSAS), T-SQL, Performance Tuning, Server Administration, Data Architecture, Data Design.
- Extensive Data Integration, Migration, Master Data Management, Validation and processing experience.
RDBMSs: MS SQL SERVER 2014/2012/2008/2005/2000 , Oracle 11g/9i/8, Teradata 14.x, Sybase12.5/11.x
Operating Systems: WINDOWS 2008/2005/xp, WINDOWS-NT, Novell NetWare, Linux, SOLARIS, UNIX, SUN-OS, HP-UX.
BI Tools: SSAS, Tableau and SSIS
DB Tools: T-SQL, Teradata SQL Assist, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, CYRANO Workbench V3.1.3, SQL MONITOR, ECOPMON, Data pump, ASM
OLE DB Sources: LINKED SERVERS, DISTRIBUTED Queries, OPEN Queries, ODBC Sources, DESKTOP DBA V4.1, Embarcadero ERStudio Data Architect 8.5, Embarcardero DBArtisan 5.1, SQL Backtrack V4.0.0, Sybase SQR, Sybase DB-Library.
Other Tools/Tech: SSRS, Informatica 8.x/9.x, MS SQL Server Management Studio 9.0, MS SQL Server Profiler 9.0, MS Performance Monitor, ERWIN r 4.1/7.1.3/9.2 , PowerDesigner, Visual Source Safe, PVCS Dimensions V5.0 SP2, DTS Packages, MS EXCEL, ER/Studio 7.5,Veritas, TCP/IP layers, Active Directories etc, Teradata OLELOAD, PowerShell.
Sr. Database Administrator
- Typical service tickets included deadlock transaction resolution, disk space management, performance tuning on legacy and non-legacy reports.
- Also part of migrating SSIS to Informatica project on Admin side. Tasks include deployment of new code to various environments.
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting migrated code - including re-designing stored procedures working with developers to test joins, breaking up queries, replacing cursors with smarter code, showplan analysis, index evaluation, index management and development etc.
- Also designed and implemented dynamic purge process of history and error tables thus resulting in additionalfree disk space.
- Also used Informatica PowerCenter client tools like Repository Manager and Workflow Manager to deploy/migrate workflows to/from various environments.
- Also evaluated various data migration tools and trends to and from AWS Cloud platform. After completing evaluation I implemented Direct Connect to AWS Cloud and successfully implemented the migration.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012(SP1) x64/2008 (R2), Informatica V10.1.1, Informatica Client Tools, SSIS, AWS Cloud, SSMS, Quickbase, Tableau 10.1.3, Redgate
Confidential, Rancho Mirage
Sr. Database Administrator
- Typical service tickets included deadlock transaction resolution, server tuning, SQL Server installation and configuration, SQL upgrade, Security setup, data security policy implementation, Linked Servers setup, Kerberos authentication, SQL Services security, SQL Agent jobs setup, Capacity planning, backup planning and setup, Cluster setup and configuration.
- Oracle server support included disk management(ASM), drive extension, RMAN backup setup, Cold backup, User account setup and permissions management.
- Development tasks included data script implementation and execution, ETL projects using SSIS and Jitterbit as data extraction and migration tools. Troubleshooting and fixing SSAS code to resolve month-end report errors.
- Writing and implementing customized script to identify and flag SQL 2005 servers for upgrade.
- Project Management - Meeting and communication with analysts and user groups to discuss and implement their projects.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2012(SP1) x64/2008 (R2)/2005, Oracle 11g, 9i, Linux, Grid Control, Aquadata, Oracle Enterprise Manager(OEM), SQL Management Studio, SSAS, SSIS, Jitterbit, SDE
Sr. Data Architect/Analyst
- Thus I started with designing a Data Warehouse which would store accumulated Sales/Revenue Data across Territory/Region, Product, Customer and Date Hierarchies using SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Attended Tableau Developer and Server training to fully integrate Tableau 9.0 as a presentation tool exposing Cube data processed nightly.
- Installed and configured Tableau Server and created several Tableau Dashboards for the Sales Team and designed and managed workbook sharing across Sales and Executive team.
- Also designed and developed Inventory Availability and Management reporting tool using T-SQL stored procedures. This report uses dynamic SQL to create/extend column headers based on the Date Range entered by the user. Also keeps track of row level and column level totals and calculations which are performed and processed after each product item listing.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012(SP1) x64/2008 (R2), MS Visual Studio Premium 2012 Ver 11.0, MS Visual Studio 2008, Tableau Ver 9.0, SSAS, SSIS, IQMS Oracle 11g
Sr. DBA/Data Architect
- As a Data Architect designed and developed Data Warehouse environment with several cubes processing daily with Excel 2013 as the presentation layer.
- Also managed and developed several modules to interface with IBM Silverpop by scripting in PowerShell.
- Developed a prototype presentation layer using Tableau 8.2
- Setup and maintenance of Transactional Replication to supply production data to 2 distinct SQL Servers - Reporting Server and Data warehouse SQL server.
- Reporting server feeding data to Crystal and SSRS reports whereas Data warehouse SQL server acting as a relational schema for SSAS.
- Other day-to-day tasks are bug fixes on SQL side and designing and developing custom reports for Silverpop and other application, writing scripts to monitor services and disks 24/7.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012(SP1) x64/2008 (R2), MS SQL Server Replication, MS Visual Studio Premium 2012 Ver 11.0, MS Visual Studio 2008, MS Office 2013, Tableau Ver 8.2
- Performing performance tuning on all servers, including OLTB and DW databases using SQL Profiler, Showplan, Spotlight, Index Optimizer.
- Also put in place server/data security policies, capacity planning, disaster recovery/backup policies, Maintenance Plan design and customization, disk management.
- Design and development of new database modules to be lined to the website as new features.
- Design and development of ETL modules loading/processing of continuous telecom feeds from various vendors, partners using SSIS.
- Being responsible for all Servers/Database I also provided 24/7 support.
- Day-to-day administration alerts and subsequent fixed included:
- Transactional Replication broken/out-of-sync
- Transaction Log growing too big
- Transaction Log not getting truncated
- Replication not releasing log.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (R2)/2005,Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, Microsoft SQL Server Replication, BIDS, Spotlight, Quest SQL Optimizer for SQL Server.
- Designed an asset management and reporting database in Teradata, populating the database with data migrated from SQL Server 2008 using Informatica PowerCenter.
- Also used ERWIN r9.2 for Logical and Physical data modeling and reverse engg SQL Server database. Also did process flow analysis and created a Data Flow Diagram(DFD).
- Also designed and implemented MDM(Master Data Management) processes within Informatica which being one of the most important requirements arising from the fact that data being sourced from disparate sources spread all over the company.
- Started with data gathering requirements and data process flow roadmap, following it with data Analysis, Logical/Physical design, Data Flow Diagram(DFD) in VISIO, database creation and data migration.
- SAP/Sybase Powerdesigner was used to reverse engg Teradata database to produce final model.
- Supported Microstrategy developers by developing Macros, views and stored procedures.
Environment: Teradata 13.x/14.x, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (R2), Microstrategy, Informatica PowerCenter 9.x, Teradata SQL Assist, Teradata OLELOAD, ERWIN r9.2, Unix SUNOS.
- Compared AWS /Azure for cloud computing platforms.
- Also designed and developed SSAS cubes for MIS reporting purposes.
- Also evaluated Golden Gate and SQL Replication as the preferred tool to be chosen for 2 way data replication across geographical sites.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (R2), Microsoft Integration Services Server 10.0.1600, SSAS, Microsoft Reporting Services Server, Microsoft Integration Services Server(SSIS), Spotlight, Solarwinds, Splunk, SAS, AWS, Azure, Golden Gate
- As the Database Lead my primary responsibility is Sybase 12.5 and Oracle 11g migration into
- SQL Server 2008 for selected relational databases, accompanying database code, scripts and users.
- Microsoft’s SSIS and BCP was used to migrate Sybase data into SQL Server 2008.
- All CRON scripts were converted to SQL Server’s Agent jobs.
- Stored procedure coding and bug-fixing migration problems.
- DOS scripting to accomplish nightly processing of bulk-data.
- Shell script (csh) conversion/migration to SSIS packages and DOS scripts.
Environment: Sybase 12.5, Oracle 11g, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (SP 1) - 10.0.2531.0 (X64), Windows NT 5.2 (X64) Microsoft Analysis Server 10.0.2531, Microsoft Integration Services Server 10.0.1600, UNIX-SunOS, Linux, Microsoft Reporting Services Server, Informatica PowerCenter 8.x, ERWIN r7.3.12.
Confidential, El Segundo
- As the database lead my responsibilities were to design, help implement an OLTP database solution for the reporting business unit to replace aging T-SQL/Access/Excel reporting environment.
- Database scope definition
- ETL design and development - Oracle to SQL data flow using SSIS and eventually Informatica.
- Staging server design and development
- Target server design and development
- Requirements document design and creation
- Architecture document design and creation
- Business process translation and conversion
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (SP 1) - 10.0.2531.0 (X64), Windows NT 5.2 (X64), Oracle 9i, Microsoft Analysis Server 10.0.2531, Microsoft Integration Services Server 10.0.1600, Microsoft Reporting Services Server, Microsoft Integration Services server(SSIS), Informatica, Oracle 9i, Embarcadero ERStudio Data Architect 8.5, Microsoft Excel 2007, Microsoft Visio 2007, Microsoft PowerPoint 2007.