- 7 plus years of experience with Software Development Life Cycle in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Deployment, Maintenance and Documentation.
- 5 plus years of experience in Application Development and Support using Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experience in query optimization, performance tuning, transaction management, referential integrity, stored procedures, triggers and batch processing.
- Experience in utilizing Oracle tools and methods like the use of UTL FILE, External Tables and Merge statements.
- Involved in development of UNIX Shell scripts, Data manipulation using Import/Export, SQL*Loader and worked on complex stored procedures.
- Substantive experience in ETL, mapping and development of Transformation standards, best practices and processes using Informatica Power Center.
- Well - Organized, team player and highly motivated to adapt latest technologies. Excellent written, communication and problem solving skills.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C/Pro*C, HTML, XML, Visual Basic, Shell scripting
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g, Sybase, MS SQL Server, MS Access
Oracle Tools: Toad, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, PL/SQL developer, ERWIN, SQL Navigator, Forms, Reports
ETL: Informatica (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor Repository Manager)
Other Tools: Remedy, Visio, ClearCase, CVS/PVCS, AutoSys, Control-M, Vault, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop Macromedia MX, MS Front Page
Operating Systems: Windows XP, UNIX (HP-UX, AIX), Linux
Confidential, Plano, TX
Application Support Analyst
- Provide on-call support for triaging problems and coordinating with various support teams across the organization with Incident and Problem management.
- Ensuring the critical Service level agreements ( SLA ) are met on daily basis and all deliverables are met on time.
- Responsible for understanding and prioritize production issues and fixing them in a timely manner with minimal client impact.
- Monitoring Autosys scheduled jobs and perform troubleshooting on job failures.
- Executing compiled programs, SQL queries, Stored procedures and publish data to specified shared drives and SharePoint locations with an email notification to customers/users.
- Build and maintain SQL Scripts, Reports, Queries for Troubleshooting, Analysis, Research and Resolution.
- Analyze and research areas of improvement in Monitoring, Application stability. Participate in DR and Resiliency exercises and identify mitigations/risk strategies.
- Work on Change Requests to get appropriative approvals and then deploy code in Production systems as planned.
- Provide Level-2 Support analyzing Trade flows, Exception logs and XML trade messages to resolve issues.
- Coordinate with various teams and raise support ticket when required, analyze root cause and assist in efficient resolution of all production issues.
- Monitoring server logs on a regular basis and performing regular health checks through ITRS monitoring tool.
- Understand and document project engagement process and publish them on SharePoint.
Environment: Oracle 11g, Sybase, Toad, PL/SQL, XML, Shell, Autosys, WinSCP, Remedy.
Confidential, Bingham Farms, MI
- Developed change routines to ETL Package using PL/SQL to meet requirements for mapping, scrubbing and loading data to process health plan membership, social history and patient data from source to target data structures.
- Created and enhanced Views using Sub query-factoring to simplify complex SQL statements and make them more efficient.
- Worked on Master Person Index(MPI) script for faster determination of common patient information patterns by utilizing Oracle parallel processing abilities.
- Worked on PL/SQL scripts to filter incoming data from various health plans through HL7 messages and transformed data to standard formats using Mirth connect and loaded that into Oracle tables via XML.
- Created and maintained data loading scripts according to customer specifications, using SQL*Loader and External Tables.
- Develop and maintain various stored procedures with PL/SQL Records and Collections, Ref Cursors and Dynamic SQL.
- Fine tune Oracle database tables and queries as and when required using Analytical functions.
- Worked on various performance tuning techniques, EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE, Hints, Indexes, Optimizer mode.
- Experience in using several built-in database packages such as DBMS OUTPUT, UTL FILE and DBMS SQL.
- Created technical design and test plans as part of project schedules and resolve issues.
Environment: Oracle 11g, Toad, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, SQL, SQL*Loader, XML,VB script, Vault.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Designed and developed data loading processes using PL/SQL and UNIX Shell scripts.
- Developed Stored Procedures, Cursors, Functions, Views, Materialized Views and Database Triggers.
- Utilized Database links to accommodate cross-database transactions.
- Worked with Bulk Collect to improve the performance of fetching data.
- Handled errors using Named System Exceptions such as INVALID NUMBER, NO DATA FOUND.
- Used AUTONOMOUS TRANSACTION PRAGMA in the framework procedures to log the status when error occurred.
- Extensively used PL/SQL Collections and Records, Partition methods for oracle tables and indexes.
- Created UNIX shell scripts to automate processes like data load and send notification mails.
- Used External Tables to extract Data from feed File sent to FTP feed file location.
- Responsible for documentation of all the project developments and modulations as per the standards defined and the system requirements.
Environment: Windows 7, Oracle 11g, PL/SQL developer, UNIX Shell Scripts, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, SQL, SQL*Loader.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
Oracle Database developer
- Involved in requirement gathering and analysis with Business Analyst & Business Users to identify information needs as per business requirements.
- Worked with SQL*Loader and External Tables to load weekly flat files into staging tables.
- Analyzed the performance of SQL queries using Explain plan and SQL TRACE, and increased the query performance by creating proper indexes on tables.
- Created PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions, Cursors, Merge statements, Dynamic SQL to identify the customers who are eligible to get communications based on business requirements.
- Created Oracle SQL joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries. UTL FILE package is used to export all mailing eligible customer’s information into delimited text file.
- Handling PL/SQL exceptions by using when others exception then registering error message in database table.
- Created Cron jobs for loading database tables from Flat Files using SQL*Loader and also used DBMS SCHEDULER to schedule PL/SQL stored procedures.
- Worked on Waterfall counts for various business campaigns.
- Created KT document for the CTC based Campaign process flows.
Environment: Windows XP, PL/SQL developer, Oracle 10g/11g, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripts, XML, SQL*Loader.
Confidential, Sioux Falls, SD
- Interacting with Business users and Business Analysts to design prototypes.
- Created database objects such as tables, views, synonyms, indexes, sequences as well as custom packages according to business requirements.
- Created a user defined ROR function to calculate the annualized and cumulative ROR.
- Used XMLTable and FLOWR expression in a stored procedure to find the Assets of an account with GU breakdown and developed functions to perform different reports.
- Developed batch programs to load various types of feeds from external sources into the Oracle database using SQL*Loader.
- Created REF CURSORS in stored procedures for report generation.
- Written SQL statements using joins, sub queries, inline views and Oracle Analytical Functions.
- Used Autotrace and Explain Plan for monitoring the individual query performance.
- Created Stored Procedures for Batch Processing and also involved in moving large data using Bulk Insert.
Environment: Windows XP, Oracle 10g/9i, PL/SQL, PVCS, SQL*Plus, XML, SQL*Loader, Toad.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Developed and managed the CARD*TEL application, a reporting system utilizing Oracle 9i database that consolidates all LIDB transaction data. Monitored all daily processes, DDL and DML code changes to implement new features and enhancements.
- Designed an online archive system which would be used to search for old transactions on accounts using PL/SQL on Oracle 9i. This was to provide this information to customers and for compliance requirements in the case of closed accounts.
- Developed single and consolidated invoices, invoice-printing reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Performing SQL query optimization using DB hints, Indexes, Explain Plan and performed refinement of database design leading to significant improvement in system response times.
- Formulating optimization strategies based on performance cost and rules. Configured ODBC connectivity for new instances and clients.
- Created control files for SQL*Loader and DDL/DML scripts for user/role management and data loading.
- Used Erwin tool for data modeling and MS Visio to create the flow chart and to show the process flow.
- Designed and developed complex forms using Forms in Windows NT/2000.
- Developed database objects including tables, Indexes, views, sequences, packages, triggers and procedures to troubleshoot any database problems.
Environment: Windows XP, Oracle 10g/9i, PL/SQL, Pro*C, Erwin, Forms and Reports, Toad, SQL*Loader, UNIX Shell Scripts, PVCS, Visio.
Confidential, Rochester, NY
- Developed a Multisite issues tracker in which the users send orders from one server to another from a variety of geographic locations using Oracle PL/SQL and Shell scripts.
- Involved in QA and release process by changing crontab for IA Configurator which lists product configurations for market codes including optional accessories, mandatory components, kits, etc. Updates are to the Configurator are compiled through C program.
- Created Unix shell scripts for weekly and monthly order data reports for SACS(Security System for User Access Requests)
- Monitored the COMMS production servers located in remote site using Sun Link, to execute Oracle PL/SQL scripts and to maintain data synchronization.
- Worked in a team to support TOP, a VB.NET application which is designed to guide customers through standardized edit and order processes by Providing a series of questions and prompts edited through different screens like credit approval, general documents, finance pricing and equipment etc.
Environment: Windows XP, HP-UX, Oracle 9i, MS SQL Server 2005, TOAD, UNIX Shell Scripts.
Confidential, Woonsocket, RI
- Created SQL reports for business users on category UPC data-pull that aids in planning and analysis for CVS stores using PL/SQL routines and TOAD. Used Control - M scheduling application. Created different parameter files and started sessions using these parameter files and pmcmd command.
- Developed interfaces and bridges using Pro*C and PL/SQL. Modified Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures to meet the changing user requirements.
- Ensure timely completion of data transfer from mainframe data feeds to the MS Access AIM Application and GLSales weekly updates.
- Design and developed UNIX shell scripts for various batch and scheduling purposes. Created knowledge base documents for various CVS business units to support them.
- Perform testing by identifying customers affected by events/actions, skim through existing code, re-creating those problems experienced by end-users. Used Oracle PL/SQL for implementing business rules and do performance tuning procedures.
- Created reports using Free-Hand SQL & Stored Procedures.
- Worked on Informatica Designer to design the source definition, target definition and transformations to build mappings. Involved in the validation of those Mappings, data generation & loading using Informatica Power Center.
Environment: Windows NT, HP-UX, Control-M, PC-Xware, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, SQL, Pro*C, SQL*Loader, TOAD, Informatica Toolkit, UNIX Shell Scripts, PVCS.