- Database Administrator with years 4 years of supporting next - generation database solutions in Oracle and SQL Server.
- Performing various tasks like database installation, upgrades, development, patches, database cloning, space management, database security, production support, database Implementation, configuration, replication, database performance tuning, optimization/AWR, database user and security administration, backup and recovery, database migration, database administration and maintenance, Oracle ASM, and RAC administration.
- In-depth understanding of database security, backup, recovery procedures, database integrity, and database objects like table, cluster, indexes, roles, views, sequences, packages, and store procedures.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle software and Microsoft SQL server tools.
- Creating database users, assign required privileges, grant tables, grant permission, and roles to business end user, also to maintained database security.
- Experienced in creating backup policies for database users and system databases.
- Experienced in performance tuning of Oracle database and Microsoft SQL server database.
- Experienced in SQL scripting, PL/SQL, and T-SQL scripting, for database tuning and performance.
- Broad knowledge and detailed skill set surrounding Oracle databases with Real Application cluster (RAC), and Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Hard working, self-motivated and flexible, with good leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately, in a fast-paced working environment.
- Knowledge and experienced in Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c. And Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014.
- Experienced in Database Administration and System Administration on Virtual Machine.
- I communicate effectively with supervisors and team members to ensure objectives are met.
Windows Operating Systems: Linux Operating Systems, Windows Server 2008 R2.
Programming Skills: Java Programming, VB Programming, C# Programming, Advanced SQL, PL/SQL, and T-SQL.
Database Skill & Applications: SQL, Oracle Database Administration, PL/SQL, MS SQL Server Database Administration, T-SQL, SSIS, SQL*Plus, Oracle SQL Developer, MS Access, Database Design (TOAD), Real Application Cluster (RAC), RMAN, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI), Automatic Storage Management (ASM), Microsoft SQL Management Studio, Microsoft Visio, ADO.NET, Computer Networking Systems, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), HTML/HTML5
Confidential, St Louis, MO
Data Reporting Analyst and SQL Developer
- Performed data manipulation, data integration, and data extraction from company RDBMS.
- Analyze user needs and develop software application reports for Back Office Operations.
- Utilized Oracle Business Intelligence, to generate reports for business department’s usage and developers.
- Design ETL processes for a new data warehouse ‘BROADRIDGE’ for business operational use and developed data integration report services with SSIS.
- Building and maintaining complex SQL queries scripts for data analysis and data extraction. Also, Building and maintaining ETL scripts for the new data warehouse.
- Querying Oracle database engine with SQL*Plus and SQL Developer to generate reports.
- Working with development team, vendors, and various internal stakeholders to ensure all reports meet documented requirements.
- Administering substantial number of SQL Server instances in production, QA, staging and development environment. Migrated database from Oracle database to SQL Server database.
- Routinely run SQL queries to ensure data accuracy and compatibility with report data.
- Developed PL/SQL procedure and T-SQL procedure to manipulate meaningful data from RDBMS for development team and business use.
- Analyze data in a newly developed data warehouse, to ensure accuracy and testing
- Data entry tasks with development team for conversion to the new developed systems
- Analyze data contained in the database to ensure data accuracy and integrity of various reports
- Querying Microsoft SQL Server with SQL Server Management tools to developed reports.
- Assist with other duties as assigned
Confidential, Belleville, IL
Jr. Oracle DBA
- Installation and upgrade of Oracle software and creation of user defined databases.
- Creating backup policies for user databases and system databases.
- Implementation of Oracle database Security for HPX compliance.
- Grants role, privilege, permission to inexperienced users of the database while maintaining database and system security as an administrator.
- Implemented Oracle database using Automatic Storage Management (ASM), and file systems
- Performed daily incremental backup and full weekly backup using RMAN.
- Performed database export and import using Data Pump utilities.
- Analyze, manipulate, develop, generate, and extract needful data from Oracle database system for business requirements and analytical procedure.
- Handled multiple projects and deadlines, provided weekly status reports to Management.
- Managed high availability solution centers using Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) with several nodes. Configured online and offline Database Backup using RMAN.
- Developed PL/SQL procedure, function, and packages for database maintenance.
- Monitoring Oracle systems health, support functional Oracle issues, plan and implements backup and disaster recovery of the database, and troubleshoot system performance.
- Monitoring and optimizing SQL Server and Oracle database performance.
- Performing critical Patch management, Customization and Configuration management and administrations of all SQL Server, Oracle databases and applications.
- Providing database operations support, monitoring databases and backups, resolving repetitive and simple events and escalating complex incident according to the standard operating procedures.
- Maintains user security and overall application and database integrity. knowledge of SSIS deployment and support in a SQL Server environment.
- Managed database objects like tablespaces, tables, indexes, views, and synonyms etc.
- Work as part of the team that build and setup Disaster Recovery Center.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Installed, Configured, upgrade, and create software and hardware based on request of management.
- Grant and manage users, privileges, permission, and roles on Database and Windows Server 2008 R2 as an administrator.
- Creating backup policies for database users and system databases.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues with database, hardware and software functionality.
- Performs technical adjustments and installs technical updates to systems and hardware.
- Maintained, analyzes, evaluates and updates database integrity and security settings.
- Maintained detailed accounting of users and security access to system software.
- Assisted in database migration from Oracle 10g to 11g, 11g to 12c.
- Monitors and reports on system and hardware usage.
- Trouble shooting PC hardware
- Cloning hardware and databases from production to development environments
- Handled multiple projects and deadlines
- Provide configuration management of INIT.ORA parameters on Oracle databases
- Performed QA and product test to determine if a new release software and applications is stable enough for consideration to be deployed into production system usage.
- Reviewed reports, logs, dumps and other data to recommend corrective actions to maintain system database performance and efficiency.
- Provided weekly system and server status reports to Management.
- Participated actively in meetings with staffs and users, to demonstrate ability to interpret user needs and prepared thorough summaries and recommendations.