- 7+ years of experience as Database/ETL/Reports developer in Retail, Utilities, Manufacturing and Pharmaceutical domains.
- Expertise in MS SQL Server 201 2/2008/2005/2000 database and suite of products like SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS.
- Conversant with all phase of Software Development life cycle (SDLC) including analysis, designing, development, testing and implementation.
- Having strong experience in designing and developing database queries using T - SQL (DDL, DML, and DCL).
- Very good in writing queries using different types of joins depending upon the client requirement
- Very good in developing T-SQL Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Views, User defined Functions, common table expressions (CTEs)
- Strong experience in Performance tuning, and Query Optimization.
- Having experience in using tools like index Tuning Wizard, SQL Profiler, and Windows Performance Monitor for monitoring/tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
- Hands on experience in creating table Partition for better performance for Database.
- Exposed to logical and physical design using ERWIN and VISIO.
- Good SQL Server Administration skills including backup, recovery, database maintenance, user authorizations, database creation, tables, indexes.
- Expert in performing Data transfers between different homogeneous/heterogeneous systems (Excel and MS Access) and SQL Server as a part of Data Migration, Data Maintenance and other ETL tasks.
- Involved in conversion of DTS to SSIS packages and troubleshooting the migration issues.
- Experience in developing, deploying and monitoring packages for ETL tasks using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS Import/Export Utility, and BCP.
- Well-versed in usage of SSIS Control Flow items(For Loop, Execute package/SQL tasks, script task, send mail task) and SSIS Data Flow items (Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Fuzzy lookup, Fuzzy Grouping, Pivot).
- Transformed data from one server to other servers using tools like Bulk Copy Program (BCP), and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) (2005/2008).
- Skilled in error and event handling: precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check points and Logging.
- Experience in handling Performance Tuning of SSIS using Horizontal Partitioning and Vertical Partitioning.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and schedule SSIS Packages.
- Experience in Data warehouse such as dimensional modeling, Star/Snowflake schemas, Data marts, fact and dimension tables identification, Kimball/Inman strategies and OLAP.
- Proficient in designing Data Mart and Data Warehouse using Star and Snowflake Schemas.
- Created various SSRS Reports involving variety of features like Reports, Charts, Filters, Sub-Reports, Ad Hoc, parameterized reports, Linked reports, Snapshots, Cascaded,Drill-Down, Drill-Through, Multi-valued parameters etc. using SQL SSRS 2005/2008/2012 .
- Worked with report manager for deploying the reports across all the environments.
- Expert at developing ETL interfaces using SSIS and enterprise reports using SSRS utilizing latest versions ( 2005/2008/2012 ) features.
- MS SQL Server 2012/2008R 2/2008/2005/2000
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS 2005/2008/2012 )
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2005/2008/2012 )
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS 2005/2008//2012 )
- Data Transformation Services (DTS)
- MS Visual Studio 2012/2010/2008/2005
- Microsoft Products MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Access 2013/2007/2003
- ERWIN 4.0/4.1/4.2/7.2
- Microsoft Visio 10.0/11.0
- C#, VB.NET
- Windows 2012/2008R2/2003/2000, VSS, TFS.
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Involved in creating and maintaining reports and worked in the gathering of company data from various raw templates like Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Created Stored Procedures using Dynamic SQL, for building reports like up-sell and Savings Opportunity reports, Composite data types and Global Temporary Tables.
- Involved in Performance Tuning of Stored Procedures, and removed the overall execution of the reports.
- Managed indexes, statistics and tuned queries by using execution plan for optimizing the performance of the databases.
- Used SQL Profiler to view indexes performance to mostly eliminate table scan.
- Involved in design, development and implementation of SSIS and SSRS.
- Created SSIS packages using Conditional Split, Data Conversion, and Fuzzy Logic and C #.
- Good experience in using various SSIS Objects such as Dataflow Components, Control Flow Elements, Connections Managers, Runtime Events, Log Providers etc.
- Developed SQL SSIS Packages to extract data from various data sources such as Excel and flat files into SQL server 2008 using different transformations like derived column, sort, and aggregate transformations.
- Created functional specification and technical specification documents.
- Inspect the IT team code changes and certifying the SQL codes for every release with respect to the business requirements.
- Developed custom reports, ad-hoc reports using Report builder for easy user interface and deployed them on server using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Migrated the existing reports to SSRS and automated the SSRS reports for weekly, monthly based on business reports needed.
- Develop Stored Procedures, Functions (UDF), Views, Joins and Sub queries to enforce the business rules and implement business control.
- Performed Application and SQL statement tuning and Partitioning etc.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2.2012, Excel (pivot tables), SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL, C#, VB, Visual studio2008/2010, Erwin, Windows Server 2008.
Confidential, Irving, TX
MS SQL Server SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Participated in developing Logical design of database incorporating business logic and user requirement and building entity relationship (ER) diagrams.
- Experienced in writing T-SQL scripts, dynamic SQL, complex stored procedures, functions, triggers and complex joinsand sub queries in SQL Server Management studio(SSMS) 2008R2.
- Experienced in SQL joins, sub queries, tracing and performance tuning for better running of queries.
- Experience with Data migration utilities (Import & Export, BCP, Bulk Insert) from text to SQL Server.
- Used SSIS Packages for extracting, cleaning, transforming and loading data into data warehouse.
- Applied various data transformations like Slowly Changing Dimension, Aggregate, Sort, Multicasting, Conditional Split, Derived column etc.
- Worked on SSIS script task, look up transformations and data flow tasks using T- SQL and Visual Basic (VB) scripts.
- Written DDL / DML Triggers as per the requirements.
- Knowledge in designing and developing Data Warehouses, Data martsand Business Intelligence using multi-dimensional models such as Star Schemasand Snow Flake Schema for developing Cubes in SQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS) 2008R2.
- Created Data marts for Staging and Production databases for Operational Data Stores (ODS).
- Developed complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Experienced in analyzing multidimensional cubes in SQLServer Analysis Services(SSAS) 2008R2 by using slicing and dicing, drill down, drill up, and drill through.
- Experienced with writing MDX which multi-dimensional queries and aggregate functions related to cubes, measures, hierarchies, processing cubes and deployment of cubes.
- Generated specifications for analysis reports by using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2008R2.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2, Excel, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL, C#, VB, Visual studio2008, Erwin, Windows Server 2008.
Confidential, Grand Rapid, MI
SQL Server Developer/Report Developer
- Actively involved in analyzing the old database system and mapping tables, relationships, columns to SQL Server 2005.
- Efficiently worked in installation, configuration, design, implementation of staging database for data migration and data entry.
- Developed SQL scripts to Insert, Update and Delete data in MSSQL database tables in OLTP environment.
- Created DTS packages to extract data from Oracle Data source.
- Successfully managed Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) process by pulling large volume of data from various data sources using DTS, BCP in staging database from MS Access, Sybase, excel.
- Performed data consistency and performance tuning effectively with SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard.
- Improved data load performance by analyzing database design and query plans.
- Performed Changes in the Schema of the proposed database as required and informed those changes to the application development team.
- Created numerous efficient Stored Procedures to perform data cleansing and loading task when data is loaded into Staging Area.
- Documented different Stages of data transformation, procedures and T-SQL scripts.
- Optimized the query performance with modification in TSQL queries, removing unnecessary columns, eliminating redundant and inconsistent data, normalizing database, establishing necessary joins, creating useful clustered index and non-clustered indexes.
- Created Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) using BIDS.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2000, Excel (pivot tables), SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL, C#, VB, Visual studio2005, Erwin, Windows Server 2003.
SQL Server Developer/Report Developer
- My role in a project is developing conceptual design documents and detailed technical specifications, to monitor the jobs (SSIS Packages), upload weekly files, extract data, and work with a team of Business analysts and Data analysts.
- To ensure trouble free access to SQL Server databases 24 hours a day.
- Timely completion of activities for database backup, restoration and health of databases.
- Analyzing the problems in the production environment and try to develop new procedures and methods for monitoring the problems and send alert messages to take pro-active action.
- Wrote scripts for generating Daily Backup Report, verifying completion of all routine backups, Log Space utilization monitoring etc.
- Created Linked Servers between SQL Server 2000 & Oracle 9i. Also created DTS package for data transfer between the two environments. Backups and Restoration of data/database using a Third Party Tool (SQL LiteSpeed).
- Facilitated simplified access of database for end users using de-normalized views and created triggers on them to maintain to database integrity.
- Created audit trails of activities on database using triggers on backend.
- Implemented the business logic and processing of the payment by developing stored procedures and scripts.
- Created Cursors to facilitate the users (credit officers) to scroll through the Queues to perform manual operations on the payment.
- Automated many operations by scheduling multiple DTS packages using jobs.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/7.0. Windows 2003/2000 Server and SQL Lite Speed