- Around 7 years of strong experience in the IT industry as a SQL Server Developer (SSIS, SSRS) with sound business analysis skills.
- Highly proficient in the use of T - SQL for developing Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, User Defined Functions, Relational Database Models, Data Integrity and SQL Joins.
- Highly experience in Sub Queries, Joins involving multiple tables.
- Extensive experience in MS SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2012, Business Intelligence in MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Expert in designing and scheduling complex SSIS Packages for transferring data from multiple sources.
- Experience in writing Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports, Formatting report layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Developed packages in SSIS with error handling.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a results-oriented attitude. Good in Collecting, Analyzing and Interpreting Data in an organized way. Versatile in working as an individual and also as part of a team. Proficient with various computer operating systems.
- Installation and configuration of SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2012.
- Performed Key Role in Logical and Physical Database design and development and Data modeling using SQL Server Enterprise Manager.
- Experience of Normalization/De-Normalization of database tables, developing (DDL) and (DML) and building Referential Integrity for the (RDMS).
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization of Procedures and Queries.
- Used DBCC commands for Database maintenance (Rebuilding Indexes).
- Created and managed Clustered Indexes and Non Clustered Indexes and optimized queries using Execution Plan.
- Designed packages which utilized tasks, containers and transformations such as Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, File System Task, Send Mail Task, FTP Task, Sequence Container, Foreach Loop Container, Lookup, Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Multicast, Copy Column, Aggregate, Expression and Derived Column.
- Exposure working with web development tools such as ColdFusion, SharePoint, and Asp.Net.
- Proactive team player with demonstrated problem solving and analytical reasoning abilities.
Languages: C#, .Net, SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL
SQL Server Tools &Packages: SQL Server Management Studio, Enterprise Manager, Business Intelligent Studio, Query Analyzer, Profiler, Performance Monitor, Database Tuning Wizard, SQL Server Agent, ETL
Databases: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2/2012, MS Access 97/2003/2005/2008, Oracle
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, Windows 7/Vista/XP/2003/2000 UNIX, Linux, DOS
BI Tools: SSRS, SSIS
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML, Visual Studio, MS Front page
Confidential, Dallas, TX
SQL Server / BI Developer
- Developed SQL Programs and Stored Procedures as required for the ETL processes and Data Integration activities.
- Built and Maintained SQL Scripts, Indexes, and complex queries for data analysis.
- Planned, Designed, and Implemented application database code objects, such as Stored Procedures, Functions and Views.
- Created complex SQL scripts using Joins (Inner and Outer), CTE and Derived Table.
- Worked on Functional design, System analysis, gathering of user requirements and maintaining good documentation.
- Extensively used Joins, Stored Procedures and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Experience on Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval
- Worked on Query Performance, Data Management and Data Integrity.
- Worked on Query Optimization using tools like Database Tuning Advisor, Execution Plan, and Profiler etc.
- Created a SSIS Package from the scratch which captures the Unique Credential ID of the GameStop stores that has been changed and replaced. Generates a report for Store Operations which would list out the store registers with a different Symantec VIP Credential ID than the one they had originally reported at the time of baseline deployment.
- Use Send Mail Task that uses the Template to send the report to the end user.
- Making the package dynamic by creating a Project Parameters and passing into Expression on Visual Studio 2010.
- Developed the package which loop the folders having Epoch Time and convert them into SQL Server time and then processed into sequential order.
- Worked on File System Task to rename the source files once it has been loaded into tables.
- Moved the processed files into Archive folder by appending current date-time stamp on the files. If there is an Error while processing a file, the file should be renamed with an “Error” and moved under a different folder.
- Interacted with Business Analyst, Subject Matter Experts, and Stakeholders to understand their needs and provide solutions by writing SQL Objects.
- Familiar with OLAP and Datawarehouse environment.
- Developed complex T-SQL Queries and converted recurring Queries into parameterized Stored Procedures in support of Reporting and analytic needs.
- Translation of business questions and requirements into reports by writing Views, Stored Procedures etc.
- Used Script Task on multiple purposes:
- To check whether the source files exist on the source path or not. To append the current date and time before and after file processing. To rename the source files after successfully loaded into tables. To send the error file to the error path by appending the current date-time stamp in the source file. To send an empty file in the source path by appending current date-time stamp after the package ran successfully.
- Designed, Developed, Implemented and Maintained data solutions to support the organization’s business strategy and goals.
- Worked on BCP to Import and Export flat files.
- Worked on Command Shell to export the SQL Server Tables dynamically into flat files.
- Deployed SSIS package on SQL Server 2008R2 and SQL Server 2012.
- Worked on automation of the package by creating job in SQL Server Agent.
- Worked on Execute Process Task to unzip the files.
- Worked on Package Configuration which carries the information about the Connection Strings, Variables etc.
- Worked on SSIS Transformations such as Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Import/Export Column, Data Conversion, Derived Column, Merge, Merge Join, and Conditional Split etc.
- Worked on Security of the package by encrypting them.
- Captured the different Events of the package by doing Custom Logging on the package.
- Redirected the error records into separate files and load them into tables after fixing them.
- Loaded XML files into SQL server tables.
- Documented and presented the results of the analysis to the business users.
- Quick at picking up and understanding new models and applications.
- Ability to collect business user requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, users, technical staff and management.
- A motivated self-starter that is able to work independently and in teams on tasks and projects with limited supervision.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2/2012, MS SQL Server Integration Services 2008R2/2012 (SSIS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2008R2/2012 (SSRS),T-SQL,SQL Profiler, Windows 2007, Windows Server 2003, Visual Studio 2010, Report Builder 3.0, MS Access, MS Excel.
Confidential, Carrollton, TX
SQL Server SSRS/SSIS Developer
- Experience in creating complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes, Function and views and other SQL joins for implementing the business rules and transformations
- Experience of Normalization/De-Normalization of database tables and building Referential Integrity for the Relational Database Management System (RDMS).
- Created and managed Clustered Indexes and Non Clustered Indexes.
- Created and maintained logins, roles and permissions on the SQL instances and databases and provided required privileges according to the user’s requirements.
- Created Views to restrict access to data in a table for security.
- Various Index design and Index performance tuning tips, query optimization.
- Identify the causes of slow running of T-SQL queries.
- Optimize T-SQL query using SQL Profiler, Execution Plan, DMV (Dynamic Management View), and Database Tuning Advisor and Optimized indexes to improve query performance.
- Resolved issues with Index Fragmentation.
- Good knowledge and understanding in blocking, locking and deadlock issues.
- SSIS packages are created to export and import data from csv files, text files and excel spreadsheets. Used Transformation according to business requirement.
- Experience on different kinds of Transformations like Derived Column, Conditional Split, Multicast, Copy Column, Data Conversion, Import Column, Export Column and Lookup in SSIS as per the business requirements.
- Experience on Third Party Tool (COZYROCH) for downloading and unzipping zip files from FTP Server.
- Scheduled daily and weekly Jobs using SQL Server Agent and sending alerts using Send Mail Task.
- Export Multiple SQL Server tables into one single folder location.
- Deployed SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Worked on SSIS Package Security, Package Configuration and Check Point.
- Upgrade of SSIS Package from 2005 to 2008.
- Experience on Error Handling of the SSIS Packages by redirecting rows to an Error Log table.
- Experience on Logging SSIS packages on Windows Event Log and SQL Server.
- Generated Parameterized/Drilldown, Drill Through, Sub Reports, Linked reports using SSRS and deployed reports to Reporting Server and Report Manager.
- Experienced on preparing Technical Documentation on new and existing SSIS package.
- Self-motivated and possess ability for critical thinking, analysis, good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexible, Enthusiastic and project oriented team player with excellent communication and leadership skills to develop creative solution for challenging client needs.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2/2012, MS SQL Server Integration Services 2008R2/2012 (SSIS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2008R2/2012 (SSRS), T-SQL, SQL Profiler, Windows 2007, Windows Server 2003, Visual Studio 2010, Report Builder 3.0, MS Access, MS Excel.
Confidential, New York, NY
MS SQL Server Developer
- Worked as a developer on databases like MS SQL Server 2005, MS Access.
- Tested to optimize the Stored Procedures and Triggers to be used in production.
- Maintained client relationship by communicating the daily status and weekly status of the project.
- Planned, defined and designed data flow processes for data migration to the Data Warehouse using DTS.
- Created Database Objects - Tables, Indexes, Views, User defined functions, Cursors, Triggers, Stored Procedure, Constraints and Roles.
- Developed complex T-SQL code for the application.
- Worked in Enterprise Manager for job scheduling and batch queries.
- Installed and maintained MS SQL Server 2005
- Monitored performance and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
- Implemented fine-tuning of database objects and server to ensure efficient data retrieval.
- Managed and monitored the use of disk space.
- Planned Backup strategy based on projects requirements.
- Maintained the consistency of the client’s Database using DBCC.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008, T-SQL, SQL SSIS, SSRS, Windows server 2003, Visual Source Safe, Visual Studio 2008, Erwin v7.2
- Had discussions with the users to capture the requirement.
- Designed logical model after identifying entities and attributes with appropriate relationship in logical model.
- Arranged for review meeting to review the Logical Model with SME's and developers.
- Created physical model and database scripts to create database objects.
- Wrote complex SQL Stored procedure and triggers.
- Involved in SQL performance optimization of stored procedures.
- Created test plan with test cases for various modules.
- Supported the application during warranty period.
- Environment: SQL, Windows NT, Windows 2000 server.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, SSIS 2005, SSRS 2005, MS Office 2003/2007, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Windows XP