- 7+ Years of extensive experience in Database Design, BI - Development of Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 on various Development, Test and Production Environments with various business domains like Financial, manufacturing, Medical, etc.
- Expertise in Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data using SSIS, creating mappings/workflows to extract data from SQL Server Excel file, Flat File sources and load into various Business Entities Data Transformation Services (DTS), creating Dynamic packages for Incremental Loads.
- Extensive experience in using Microsoft BI studio products like SSIS,SSAS,SSRS for implementation of ETL methodology in data extraction, transformation and loading .
- Creating Triggers, Tables, Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, Indexes and Constraints in T-SQL.
- Experience in client requirement Analysis, Physical, Logical design, Development, Resource Planning, Coding, Debugging, Testing, Development, Support and Maintenance of Business application using SQL server 2012/2008 R2/2005, DTS, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS.
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries involving multiple table inner and outer joins.
- Expertise in Merging data from various Heterogeneous Data sources, Populating Dimension and Fact tables in Data warehouses and Data Marts, Cleaning and Standardizing data loaded into OLTP and OLAP databases using SSIS.
- Developed interactive reports using Crystal Reports and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Experience in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) like gathering requirements, design, development, implementation and testing of projects before moving to production.
- Performed Data Mining activities like Predictive Analysis, Forecasting on central repository for various application and dashboard functionalities.
- Import data and reports from Excel, CSV and Power BI Desktop files, Power BI publish to web feature, Microsoft will announce pricing and licensing details.
- Used ProClarity tool to analyze the data in the cube by using different features like Chart view, Decomposition Tree, Performance Maps, etc.
- An excellent team member with an ability to perform individually, good interpersonal relations, strong communication skills, hardworking and high level of motivation.
- Extensive experience in using SQL Profiler, System Monitor, Query Analyzer and Performance Monitor for troubleshooting, monitoring, optimization and tuning of SQL Server and SQL code.
Tools: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), BIDS/SSDT, SQL Profiler, Query AnalyzerPower BI, Performance Monitor, Teradata, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, SQL Trace.
DBMS/RDBMS: : MS SQL SERVER 2008R2/2008/2005, ORACLE 9i, MS Access 2003, MySQL.
ETL Tools: : SQL Server Integration Services, Visual Studio, Informatica Power Center 7.1, Cosmos.
Reporting Tools: : SQL Server Reporting Services, MS Excel, Report Builder 3.0.
Languages: : SQL, T-SQL, VB.NET, C#.
Data Modeling: : ERWIN, Physical & logical data modeling and De-normalization techniquesMS Visio.
Methodologies: : Waterfall, Agile Methodology.
Operating Systems:: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista, Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008R2.
SQL BI and SSIS Developer
- Created database objects like Tables, User Defined Functions, Triggers, Procedures, Indexes and Views, SQL joins and statements as per the team’s request through team tracks.
- Used different Control Flow Tasks and Data Flow Task for Creating SSIS Packages.
- Involved in supporting Database & BI (ETL and Reporting) Activities for various applications and teams across all business units.
- Created SSIS Packages using Lookup, Merge, Sort, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, and Data Flow Task, Execute Package Task etc. to generate underlying data for the Designing, processing and deploying Cubes from the different fact and dimension tables based on the business requirement using SSAS.
- Implemented SSIS (ETL) to extract and transform data from RDBMS and Flat files/CSV, SQL
- Server 2012 instances and to load into staging and then to DW for further Data Analysis and Reporting by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Designed Normalized Databases, programming in T-SQL, PL-SQL, PLSQL Developer , SQL Profiler. Optimized Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Views and Indexes. De-normalized Database for reporting and performance needs.
- Used Power BI, Power Pivot and JET Reports (Excel Reporting) Tools for creating these BI Reports.
- Responsible for creation of Schema Structures, including Dimension and Fact Tables, Surrogate Key Generation, changing Dimension Principles, and Data Capture Design Patterns.
- Developed reports from these OLAP cubes using SSRS.
- Created Excel based reporting tools using SSAS cube driven data sources.
- Involved in Dimensional Modeling by Identifying the Fact and Dimension tables based on the user & reporting requirements.
- Created Monthly portfolio reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Tabular, Matrix, and Drill Down Reports for different levels of risk officers and sectors.
- Followed ETL Data Cleansing, Data Quality and Standardization Techniques in the project.
- Worked on automated scheduling of ETL processes.
- Experienced in integrating SAP Business Objects with MS SQL Server and creating Analytical Reporting.
- Designed large number of reports using table Filters, Single Value Parameters, multi value parameters, dependent parameters and Cascading Parameters.
- Created Packages, Jobs and Sending Alerts using SQL Mail, database Backup, Recovery and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Used SQL Server 2008R2/2012 Reporting Services (SSRS) for generating reports which resulted in efficient decision making.
- Experience in handling data (Extracting, Transforming, and Loading) and creating reports in SSIS.
- Queried against Heterogeneous Data Sources like SQL Server, Oracle, to retrieve records for data loads using SSIS 2005/2008.
- Managed change control and version management for ETL routines and processes.
- Helped scrum teams to migrate from Waterfall mindset to Agile mindset and provided coaching on adopting Scrum processes.
- Familiar with Agile software methodologies (scrum).
- Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2008/2005, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), MS Excel, Windows XP, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
SQL Server Developer/POWER BI Developer
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions (UDF), Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications following SQL code standards.
- Designing, Developing and deploying SSIS packages for the application.
- Implemented different types of constraints on tables. Designed and applied entity and attributes description and definition for the models.
- Developing SSIS packages to handle various Sources like Database, flat files, Excel, Csv files, network storage folder etc.
- Migrating SSIS packages to Informatica power center tool.
- At present I am responsible for leading VCE Sales Portal, Global Shop and Service Now enhancement projects using Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Managed indexes, statistics and tuned queries by using execution plan for optimizing the performance of the databases.
- Extract, Transform and Load source data into respective target tables to build the required data tables.
- Created Technical Specification document.
- Created Partition Tables based upon Partition Functions and Partition Schemas.
- Created Complex ETL Packages using SSIS to extract data from staging tables to partitioned tables with incremental load.
- Created Complex ETL Packages using SSIS which upserts data from staging table to database tables.
- Fine tuned query performance.
- Fine tuned SSAS cube.
- Created named query in SSAS Data Source View to get appropriate hierarchical summarize data for two dimensions.
- Created MDX expressions to validate data in cube.
- Defining relationships between Dimensions and Measure groups. Involved in the design and development of the SSAS cubes and MDX queries.
- Automated the generation of roadmap visual, a task which would originally take a week is now being done under 30 minutes
- Implemented cell level security in cubes using MDX expressions to restrict users of one region viewing data of another region using SSAS.
- Developed complex reports using SSRS for HR and other Business users.
- Involved in UI Design for Power BI Reports and designed effective layouts.
- Created Drill-through, Drill-down, Cross Tab Reports and Sub-Report using RDL.
- Identified the database tables for defining the queries for the reports.
- Create Reports Using Excel Power Pivots By Tabular Model.
- Generating reporting And Data Visualization Tools BY POWER BI.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, C#, Asp.net, VB.NET, Management Studio 2012, POWER BI, Visual Studio 2012.
Confidential, Exchange Place, NJ
SQL BI Developer And COSMOS Developer
- Wrote complex T-SQL statements, Stored Procedures, functions, view and triggers.
- Developed Power BI model used for financial reporting of P & L and Headcount.
- Build Scope script a COSMOS query language that uses a combination of SQL and C# familiar syntax with C# and .NET framework integration
- Writing complex DAX functions in Power Pivot.
- Created stored procedures and SQL queries to pull data into Power pivot model.
- Created Tabular reports, Matrix reports, List & Chart reports, Parameterized reports, Sub reports, Ad-hoc reports, Drill down reports as well as interactive reports according to business requirements in time-restricted environment.
- Creation of Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes for Query Performance and Generated various reports using complex stored procedures.
- Wrote complex T-SQL batches with Common Table Expressions (CTE’s) for recursive operations.
- Exceptional communication skills in requirement gathering and design strategies for database management system.
- Offered production support at regular periods for migration and data issues.
- Developed re-usable stored procedures for database application support.
- Worked with transferring the data using SSIS(SQL Server Integration Services) packages.
- Used MS Excel, CSV files as data source and copied data to the target.
- Scheduled jobs using SQL Server Agent for executing the stored SSIS packages which were developed to update the database.
- Generated Reports in SSRS using Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Designed and rolled out canned and ad-hoc reports.
- Provided customer with best practice solutions as related to Sales Force CRM.
- Designed drill down, drill through, sub-reports and ad-hoc reports on large scale.
- Responsible for scheduling the subscription reports with the subscription report wizard.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measure groups and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP Reporting needs.
- Created SSIS packages to import the data into SQL server.
- Trouble Shooted the already existing SSIS packages.
- Participated in meetings with UAT team and stakeholders to review project planning, status, and issue discussion.
- Managed server related issues.
- Implemented Salesforce.com web services client using Sales Force web services AP.
- Developed unit test plans for SSIS packages.
- Provided documentation for reports and SSIS packages.
- SQL Loader, PL/SQL, Oracle Spatial, Oracle 11g/12c , Python, Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Worked with a team to suggest automated processes to reduce human errors and also to save time and resources.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), OLAP.
Confidential, Houston, TX
MS SQL/BI Developer
- Worked with T-SQL to create Tables, Views, Triggers and Stored Procedures.
- Created new database objects like stored procedures, Functions, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server 2008.
- Migrated DTS packages from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2008 as SSIS Packages.
- Created SSIS packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases.
- Created efficient, robust SSIS packages for data movement and loading with error checking and well documented code.
- Built connections to/pulling data from AS400, mainframe/db2 and Oracle.
- Migrated old data from MS Access into SQL Server 2008 using SSIS Packages in Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Worked on Database Compression for different databases to save space across different environments.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and views to generate various Drill-through reports, parameterized reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Experience in creating Multidimensional cubes using SSAS and designing DW schemas.
- Migrated and resolved conversion errors for Performance Point Server reports to Sharepoint 2010 Business Intelligence platform.
- Scheduled the Packages in SQL Server Agent on daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Created DSV, Cubes, and Dimensions, DMX/MDX for SSAS Reports.
- Repaired/recreated PPS reports damaged in the conversion process.
- Interacted with vendors, developers and customers to manage the business requirements.
- Document new SSIS packages and Train Senior Analyst on basic SSIS concepts.
- Verified business requirements and functional specifications.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, TFS, Windows Server 2003.