- Over 7+ years of professional experience in development, implementation and administration of database systems using MS - SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R 2/ 2008/2005/2000 for both OLTP & Data Warehousing applications.
- Experienced in client requirement Analysis, Physical, Logical design, development (using Erwin, normalization and SQL Server Enterprise manager), Resource Planning, Coding, Debugging, Testing, Deployment, Support and Maintenance of business applications using SQL Server 2008/2005/2000, DTS, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS 2005/2008.
- Skilled in design of logical and physical data modeling using Erwin data modeling tool.
- Adept in RDBMS concepts and constructs along with Objects creation such as Database, Table, Normalization, UDF, User Defined Data Type, Indexes, Stored Procedures, Views, Cursors and Triggers.
- Experience in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes including Analysis, Design, Programming, Testing and Documentation.
- Good Knowledge of Data Warehouse/Data mart concept and Expertise in data modeling for OLAP & OLTP systems from design and analysis to implementation including the conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Data Transform Services (DTS). Bulk Insert, BCP.
- Expertise in upgrading/migrating from DTS to SSIS packages, resolving complex issues and Error Handling in SSIS.
- Excellent in creating SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Proficient in creating Index, Views, Complex Stored Procedures, appropriate functions, and effective experienced in implementation of strong referential integrity and auditing by the use of triggers and SQL Scripts.
- In-depth experience of Transact-SQL (DDL and DML) operations.
- Experience in optimizing the database by creating various Clustered, Non-clustered indexes.
- Expert in creating various type of reports such as Complex drill down & drill through reports, Matrix reports, Sub reports and Charts using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) based on Relational and OLAP databases.
- Strong experience in creating various reports like Drill through, Drill down and Ad-hoc according to the user requirement using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Possess detailed knowledge of aggregation using OLAP analysis services cube.
- Solid Knowledge in developing cubes using Partitions, KPI’s, and Perspectives, slow changing dimensions (SCD) etc. and created various user roles (SSAS).
- Knowledge of developing cubes in SSAS and Analyzing Dimensions and Measures.
- Worked on SharePoint development and scheduling reports using it.
- Expert in automation of creating jobs, error reporting using Alerts, SQL Mail Agent.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and demonstrates initiative and adaptability and capable of handling responsibilities independently as well as a proactive team member.
- Excellent communication skills, bridging Client Interaction and Team player.
RDBMS / Databases: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/ 2008/2005/2000, Oracle 10g,11g, MS-Access 2007/2003
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, .NET, Visual Basic 6.0, HTML
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008/2003/XP/2000/NT/98/95, MS DOS 6.2
Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio 2007, Erwin Data Modeler 8/7/5
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports 8/10, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Integration Services: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS)
Analysis Service: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Database Tools: MS SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, OLTP, DBCC, BCP, OLAP, ADO.NET, Database Engine Tuning Advisor (DTA)
Internet Tools: Internet Information Server (IS 5.0 / 6.0), FTP, TCP/IP
SharePoint: Microsoft SharePoint 2003 - 2010
Confidential, Twinsburg, OH
SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS Developer
- Worked as a developer in creating complex stored procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and SQL joins for applications.
- Used highly complex T-SQL Queries and SQL Scripts to perform efficient data load based on complex Business rules.
- Optimized queries tuned and monitored server performance using SQL Profiler.
- Implemented different types of constraints on tables.
- Designed and developed SSIS Packages for loading data from text files, CSV files to SQL Server databases using SSIS.
- Developed SSIS solution for developing a fully-fledged data warehouse solution.
- Migrated data between different heterogeneous sources such as Flat file, Excel 2012 using SSIS.
- Performed data conversions from SQL server to flat file using SSIS. Created packages that implements tasks like Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task etc.
- Responsible for creating the reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2012.
- Involved in writing Query for generating drill down reports, identified and worked with the parameters to generate parameterized reports along with that extensively used global variables, expressions and functions.
- Identified and defined the Datasets for the report generation.
- Deployed the generated reports directly on the client’s workstation.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Implemented the calculations to aggregate physical measures.
- Created calculated fields with MDX code to meet additional measures needs that are calculated from existing measures.
- Identified and defined Fact relationships in SSAS.
- Involved in writing scripts for the client’s requirements for reporting purposes.
- Actively supported business users for change in requests. Gathered user requirements.
- Implementing Dashboards and Score Cards using Microsoft Performance Point Server and integrated with share point.
Environment: SQL Server 2014/2012, SSIS (2012/2008), SSRS (2012/2008), SSAS (2012/2008), Visual Studio 2010/2013, MS Excel 2010, T-SQL, C#, VB Script, Window 7, Team Foundation Server.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
MS SQL/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Actively participated in interaction with users, team lead, DBAs and technical manager to fully understand the requirements of the system.
- Wrote several SQL Scripts such us finding tables that have Identity Columns, finding tables that do not have primary key.
- Used Joins, correlated and non-correlated sub-queries for complex business queries involving multiple tables from different databases and implemented triggers and stored procedures and enforced business rules via checks and constraints.
- Created indexes on selective columns to speed up queries and analyses in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Reduced the T-SQL overhead successfully by avoiding unnecessary use of The UNION, statement & using the TOP operator to limit the Select Statement in certain Queries.
- Created views to restrict access to data in a table for security.
- Direct and/or execute the technical characteristics of the overall strategy of the data warehouse and ETL process.
- Work closely with IT and the Business group to understand business reporting requirements and analyze logical model, and develop subject matter expertise in a short time.
- Facilitate Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for gathering requirements for building a data warehouse and data marts.
- Participate in development and execution of tactics and strategies to optimize data quality in data warehouse, and OLAP environment.
- Create and design logical and physical data models using ERWIN - identify entity & its relationships and define the project’s informational needs. Design Source to target mapping as per the requirement of the client and business rules to load the data from ODS to Data Warehouse.
- Architect the database schema and implement a relational (for ODS) and dimensional model (star schema). Review and maintain the schema, its tables, indexes, views and TSQL procedures in SQL SERVER 2008 R2.
- Lead the application development team in providing support & maintenance of data marts and data warehouses. Maintains the integrity of data movement into the data warehouse and other environments
- Maps sources system data elements to target systems and develops, tests, and supports extraction, transformation and load processes - define mapping, sessions and workflow
- Defines and captures metadata and rules associated with ETL processes
- Review and analyze database performance, cubes and reports generated using SQL SERVER 2008 R2 Reporting Services.
Environment: SSIS, SSRS, MS SQL Server 2008/2005, C#, Visual studio 2008, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Office Access 2007
Sr. SQL Server BI Developer (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Worked on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to integrate and analyze data from multiple homogeneous and heterogeneous information sources (CSV, FTP Server, Excel, DB2 and SQL 2012).
- Actively participate in the Design, Build, Test, and Deploy phases of Siebel UCM implementations for Oracle customers.
- Project-manage Oracle MDM implementations for Oracle customers.
- Set Customer best practices expectations revolving around MDM.
- Advise Oracle MDM usage and design to best fit customer business process requirements
- Developed Custom Logging so user can know when a row is inserted in custom logging table by every SSIS package that executes, if SSIS packages extract row from DB2 to CDC DB, or any insert, update or delete rows in dimension or fact tables in DW.
- Filtered data from Transient Stage to EDW by using Complex T-SQL statements in Execute SQL Query Task and in Transformations and implemented various Constraints and Triggers for data consistency and to preserve data integrity.
- Used For-Each Loop Container, Sequence Container, Script task, Expressions, Execute SQL task, Variables, Send Mail Task, FTP Task Package Execution task to achieve business needs.
- Created SSIS packages to Extract, Transform and load data using different transformations such as Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, and Slowly Changing Dimension, Merge Join and Union all.
- Developed SSIS Packages to move data from one database of a server (Partner) to another (CRM) using Web Services Call.
- Wrote and modified various Stored Procedures used in the application using T-SQL.
- Scheduled and maintain packages by daily, weekly and monthly using SQL Server Agent.
- Responsible for creating partition function and schema for the table partitioning.
- Involved in creating counter logs and trace logs for advanced performance analysis and data logging over a period of time.
- Created SSIS 2012 Packages to perform filtering operations and to import the data on daily basis from the OLTP system, DSR to SQL server.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures to generate various Drill-through reports, Parameterized reports, Tabular reports, Matrix reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Created various jobs using SQL Server Agent.
- Used SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and the server activity.
- Actively participated in review meetings with Project Manager to ensure that the development of projects meet business and system requirements.
- Documented the project work and process.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS) Visual Studio 2010/2008, SQL Server Agent, Windows server 2008, Erwin 7.2, Visual Source Safe 2005, C#, SQL Profiler, Microsoft SharePoint 2010
SQL / SSRS / SSIS / SSAS Developer
- Worked with Business Analyst and Business Users in requirements gathering phase actively cataloging and supporting various issues and providing their solution.
- Involved in Designing, Developing and Testing of the ETL (Extract, Transformation and Load) strategy to populate the data from various source systems feeds using SSIS.
- Responsible for coding SSIS processes to import data into the Data Warehouse from Excel Spreadsheet, Flat Files and OLEDB Sources.
- Performed Data cleansing by creating tables to eliminate the dirty data using SSIS.
- Involved in performing incremental loads while transferring the data OLTP to data warehouse using different data flow and control flow tasks in SSIS.
- Used various transformations like Multicast, Conditional split, OLEDB Command, Script Component and Lookup while loading the data into Destination.
- Use ETL to implement the slowly changing Transformation, to maintain Historical Data in Data warehouse.
- Created packages in SSIS with error handling
- Worked with different methods of logging in SSIS.
- Designed & Supported daily, weekly, monthly batch processes using SQL Server Agent.
- Responsible for creating database objects like table, views, Store Procedure, Triggers, Functions etc. using T-SQL to provide structure to store data and to maintain database efficiently.
- Extensively used joins and sub queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modification in TSQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, normalized table, established joins and created Clustered, Non-Clustered indexes whenever necessary.
- Generated various kinds of reports such as Patient History, Physical Examination Report, Consultation, Operative, Radiology, Pathology, Laboratory, Emergency reports and complex SOAP (Subjective, Objective, Assessment, and Plan) reports using SSRS 2008R2 from SQL Server 2008R2 Database (OLTP) and SQL Server Analysis Services (OLAP) and included various reporting features such as group by, drilldowns, drill through, sub-reports, navigation reports (Hyperlink) etc.
- Deployed and configured the reports in the Report Server.
- Created Claims and Enrolment OLAP Cubes for various measure groups and dimensions for analysis of Per Member/Per Month cost to meet the business answers for the client needs using SSAS
- Designing and implementing dimensional data structure like star and snowflake schemas and virtual fact tables and constructing the dimensional hierarchies, calculated members and measures, actions and MDX using SSAS based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Created calculated fields with MDX code to meet additional measure needs that are calculated from existing measures.
- Involved in identifying and creating Data Sources and Data Source Views (DSV) in SSAS.
- Involved in creating relationships and hierarchies between attributes and measure groups and defined granularity within the measure group and drill through action using SSAS.
- Created and managed users, roles and groups and handled cube security.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2, T- SQL, MS Excel 2010/2007/2003, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2008R2, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2008R2, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2008R2, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, Star Team Version Control tool), Erwin 8.0/MS Visio 2010
Junior SQL Server Developer
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2005 successfully on Windows Server 2003.
- Created other database objects like tables, views, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Triggers and indexes.
- Error handling using Try-Catch Block.
- Developed Database Triggers to enforce Data integrity and additional Referential Integrity.
- Maintained the physical database by monitoring performance, integrity and optimize SQL queries for maximum efficiency using SQL Profiler.
- Maintained the table performance by following the tuning tips like normalization, creating indexes and collect statistics.
- Automated Stored Procedures to load data into staging and production environments in a timely manner using SQL Server Agent.
- Used the Control Flow and Data Flow Tasks and Transformations in Creating SSIS (ETL) Packages.
- Created Master Child package using variables and Execute package task in SSIS.
- Assisted the front end application developers with their queries.
- Taking Database Full Backup, Transaction log backup & differential backups.
- Configured Snapshot replication for reporting, user acceptance test and development servers.
- Performed unit and system testing, troubleshooting and bug fixing in development and QA environments.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, T-SQL, VB, MS Word 2005, DTS, SQL Profiler, Visual Source Safe, DTS/SSIS 2005, Import and Export Wizard, BCP, Windows Server 2003, UNIX.