- Over 7+ years of experience as Database Developer with various industries performing different professional work in Data integration associate with Data Warehouse/Data Mart design, System analysis, development, Database design.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, fast learner, creative, capable of maintaining positive and productive working relationships in team environments.
- Experience in SQL Optimizing by looking at Index Analysis for tables and using SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, DMV’s, DMFs and Query Execution Plans.
- Created more efficient solutions to use Clustered, Non - Clustered and Column store Indexes for significant performance boost of the existing database.
- Experienced in designing ETL Architecture for loading Heterogeneous Data Sources to SQL Server using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages by using various transformations such as data flow task, control flow task, containers, and event handlers to design and develop Data warehouse and DataMart.
- Efficient in creating joins & sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables and expert in creating packages, Jobs, sending alert mails, scheduling & running packages.
- Experience in working agile development environment, involving more coordination with team and costumers and continuously delivering release in the shorter iteration.
- Expertise in writing T-SQL Queries, Dynamic-queries, sub-queries and complex joins for generating Complex Stored Procedures, User-defined Functions, and Views, Entity Normalization, Database Creation, Monitoring, Performance Tuning, and Troubleshooting.
- Experience with highly transactional systems (OLTP), building CUBE (SSAS) and writing .NET applications using C#
- Experienced on SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to generate different types of reports and charts for Decision Support System (DDS). Also, used global variables, expressions, and function to generate complex and sophisticated parameterized reports that had multiple data providers, drilldown, and slice and dice features in SQL Server Reporting service (SSRS) 2005, 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2014,2016
- Good Knowledge on Azure platform and services.
ETL Tools: SSIS
Operating Systems: Windows /XP/Window7, Sun Solaris, HP-Unix
RDBMS: MS SQL Server, MS-Access, DB2
Reporting tools: SQL Server Reporting services, Business Objects, Crystal Reports
Languages: Java, C#, HTML
Confidential, Irving TX
- Create complex Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Tables, Indexes, Views, SQL joins and T-SQL Queries to test and implement business rules.
- Create Stored Procedures for commonly used complex queries involving join and union of multiple tables.
- Create Views to enforce security and data customization.
- Create Non-clustered indexes to improve query performance and query optimization and SQL Queries to extract and compare data in the different sources.
- Maintain and manage database/stored procedures using SQL server tools like Performance Tuner and SQL Profiler.
- Worked closely with DBA team to regularly monitor system for bottlenecks and implement appropriate solutions.
- Involved in package migration from DTS to SSIS, running upgrade advisor against DTS Packages before migration, troubleshooting issues and conversion into SSIS through wizard or manually.
- Extract data from Flat/Excel files & loaded to SQL Server database using Bulk Insert.
- Create ETL Packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse and data marts.
- Develop SSIS Packages for extracting the data from the file system, transformed and loaded the data into OLAP.
- Use SSIS to populate data from various data sources, creating packages for different data loading operations for applications
- Create reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions using MS SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Design and deliver dynamic reporting solutions using MS SQL Server Reporting Services.
Confidential, Dallas TX
SQL Server Developer
- Involved in trouble-shooting database performance issues using database tuning techniques, indexing and optimization.
- Worked continuously tune and optimize SQL queries and ensure that code and deliverables adhere to company standards as well as increase the performance.
- Wrote complex T-SQL queries & Views to match data from different sources.
- Involved in creation of database objects such as tables, views, indexes, functions, triggers, and stored procedures according to business requirements.
- Implemented complex business logics to fulfill the reporting requirements of the business using T-SQL stored procedures and Views.
- FTP site and then staging, transforming and finally inserting into to the reporting Data Ware house tables.
- Designed SQL SSIS Packages to extract data from various data sources such as FTP site, Excel spreadsheet, and flat files into SQL Server Database for by using multiple transformations, scheduled and maintained nightly and weekly loads of data by creating the corresponding SQL Agent job tasks.
- Designed & developed SSIS packages, store procedures, configuration files, tables, views, functions, implemented best practices to maintain optimal performance.
- Used VB.NET and C# for writing different script task within SSIS script task to look for the .done files in the FTP site and to start the job to load the data in the cloud.
- Used Ad-Hoc queries to generate Reports using SSRS to meet ad-hoc requests.
- Created SSRS reports from (SQL Server Analysis) SSAS Cube.
- Wrote data dictionary for the newly migrated database to avoid many ambiguity.
- Involved in creation of Schema Design (Physical and Logical) using SQL Server Management Studio 2008R2 and 2012, 2014, 2016
- Created and deployed Crystal Reports into SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) by using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Performed good Documentation Practice for all database objects that are used in the project for further upgrades and maintenance
- Designed and developed various Packages using different tasks such as for each loop, file system task, fuzzy lookups, and multicasting various others for data cleansing.t.