- Over 12 years of experience in MS SQL Server Database Administration on Large Enterprise Environment, Logical, Physical data models and high - pressure environment using SQL Server 2014,2012,2008,2008R2, 2005 and SQLServer 2000 over Production, QA and Replication Environments. And sql monitoring tools Sentry One and Spotlight.
- 3+ years of experience in SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2 with storage structures and setting up AlwaysON Availability groups with HADR.
- Hands on experience in SSIS package migration and strong experience in Retail & Banking environments.
- Installing SQL server on all version of Windows OS like alone, clustering and Always On.
- Having knowledge in SQL Server migration through Microsoft Cloud infrastructure Azure .
- Extensive experience in maintaining High Availability using Failover Clustering, Database Mirroring and Log shipping capabilities of MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2005/2000 to provide robust database solutions.
- Configured Log shipping, Mirroring, replication, AlwaysOn etc
- Extensive experience in setting up AlwaysON Availability groups with HADR .
- Experience in handling installation and upgradation older version of SQL Server to New version of SQL Server .
- Developing and documenting best practices for data migration from old version to new version of SQL Server databases.
- Experience in using SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) for data extraction, transformation and loading across different databases like Oracle, MS Access and flat files using tools like Import and Export Wizard through package
- Created maintenance plans to perform index defragmentation, re-indexing and update Statistics.
- Experience in managing security of SQL Server 2000/05/08/08 R2/2012/2014 by creating Database Users, roles and assigning proper permissions according to business requirements.
- Executed deployed project/package using the environment for different envroinment variables. Analyzed the operations performed on the Integration Services
- Planning/Recommend Database version upgrades and fixing upgrades, and working on all Level of Backup and Recovery
- Experience in Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) for SQL Server backups.
- Strong MySql and SQL Server skills but also significant general system administration skills on UNIX/HP Open VMS, Linux and Windows environment. Proficient writing shell scripts as well as knowledge in general systems administration tasks.
- Migrated SSIS packages from SQL Server 2008 R2 to SSIS 2012.
- Addition/Removal of nodes from the cluster and AlwaysOn Database servers.
- Managing database object permissions, user accounts and all security related tasks.
- Analysis of MS SQL Server long-term performance trends using SQL Sentry and in built SQL Server tools.
- Experience in implementing new functionality in all version of SQL server 2008\2008 R2\2012\2014\2016
- Performance Tuning (sql Tuning, Instance Tuning, Database Tuning, OS Tuning) on all version of Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in implementing different types of Replication Models like Snapshot, Merge and Transactional on basis of business specification and storage replication for DR.
- Extensive Experience in Database optimization and developing stored procedures, Triggers, Cursors, Joins, Views, Cursors and SQL on databases: MySQL, Oracle10g, OMWB tool.
- Optimizes database access and allocates/re-allocates database resources for optimum configuration, database performance, also worked while on load testing.
- Ability to designing, building, implementing, Troubleshoot and deploying Database Objects (Stored Procedures, functions, Tables, Views, Triggers, Indexes, synonyms, DB Links and Constraints), Database schema, DATA MAPS, ERDs, T-SQL Code Security, integrity of the Databases and upgrading Database systems .
- Expert in implementing database mirroring which includes Sync and Async Mirroring.
- Experienced in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization to minimize database downtime, without impact of Client/Server Connectivity/Computing, and Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server and T-SQL in constructing triggers, tables, user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models and data integrity.
- Working with development and architecture teams on the design of SQL data models for new product offerings.
- Work with architects to get the design approved and complete the work along with the help DB developers.
- Automated many maintenance, security task across all servers using T-SQL.
- Written codes to take backup, maintenance activities for Database using T-SQL.
- Have knowledge on developing procedures, functions and complex queries and implement those code to a package
- Imported and exported data SQL database to other database using packages.Imported datas from notepad, csv and other data source to SQL server database
- Worked on Optimization, Security, Maintenance, Migration, development etc
- Have knowledge on Windows OS 2003, OS 2008, OS 2012 and OS 2012 R2.
- Worked in all Production issues related to log space, insufficient space, clustering fail over etc
- Actively involved in complete SDLC process from user requirements to implementation.
- Deployed and maintained SSIS packages and SQL objects in Dev, UAT and Prod environments. Mentoring and Trainings to users proactively on data management support.
- 24*7 Production Database on Call Support, Shift Rotation, Offshore/Onshore Model, Rapid Deployments, Week End, Maintenance Support, Troubleshoot SQL performance issues including after-hours if occurs.
- Analyze,Troubleshoot and drive Bridge calls in WAR room with multiple teams during issues.
Database: SQLServer 2016/2014/2012 R/2012/2008R 2/ 2008/2005/2000 / SSAS, SSRS and SSIS
Database Tools: SSMS/ Enterprise Manager, Visual Studio, Powershell, SQLCMD, Sentry One, Profiler etc
Tools: Service Now, HP Service now, Manage now, Remedy, Change Management process, HPSM
Operating Systems: Windows OS 2003, OS 2008, OS 2012 and OS 2012 R2.
Languages: T-SQL, SQL, Stored Procedures, XML,C++, PLSQL, Shell Scripting.
BI Tools/Security: Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and database monitoring tools, Sentry One and Spotlight.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SQL Server Administrator
- Upgraded SQL server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 R2/SQL Server 2012 on standalone and clustered environments and applied service pack.
- Interacted with application team at the time database migration from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008R2/SQL Server 2012.
- Interacted with Developers in troubleshooting application and database issues.
- Identified, tested and resolved database performance issues to ensure data optimization.
- Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012 and 2016.
- Deployed and maintained SSIS packages and SQL objects in Dev, UAT and Prod environments.
- Designing, building, implementing, Troubleshoot and deploying Database Objects (Stored Procedures, functions, Tables, Views, Triggers, Indexes, synonyms, DB Links and Constraints), Database schema, T-SQL Code Security, integrity of the Databases and upgrading Database systems.
- Implemented Mirroring and Log Shipping for Disaster recovery, Configured transactional, snapshot replication.
- Used tools like SQL Server profiler, Performance Monitor to identify bottlenecks.
- Documented the results from Upgrade Advisor and resolved all before and after issues migrating from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2012.
- Involved in troubleshooting all the performance issues for different database applications.
- Deployed SSIS packages to MSDB database and file system using manifest file and the wizard utility in SQL Server 2012.
- Monitoring and scheduled jobs on production and staging environment.
- Monitoring and Automating SQL Server like configuring database mail, creating an operator, jobs, alerts and database maintenance plans.
- Resolving performance related issues to Blocking, Deadlocks and long running queries
- Have migrated domain level migration for SQL server 2005 to SQL Server 2012 in Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Enterprise Edition for the HDE application
- After the migration have implemented log shipping for the HDE applications DB’s.
- Have implemented Encryption for the HDE application and have implemented TDE for the HDI application.
- Have migrated SQL server 2005 to SQL Server 2008R2 in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition for the HDI application.
- After the migration have implemented mirroing for the HDI application.
- Implemented Performance Monitoring and tuning using sentry one 3rd party tool for both HDI\HDE applications.
- Have implemented code deployment in production for HDE\HDI applications while ensuring release management procedures are followed.
- Implemened for Database Objects such as stored procedures, views, triggers, functions, tables, indexes as per RFC.
- Created Linked Servers for data retrieval using OLE DB data sources and providers.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/2005, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Windows Server 2008 R2, 2008, 2003, CLUSTERING, MIRRORING, LOG SHIPPING, DB monitoring tools Sentry One.
Confidential, Santaclara, CA
MS SQL Server DBA
- Installed SQL servers 2012 on all the 3 sites
- Created an empty staging database
- Using SSMA tools have migrated the schema and scripting to load tables
- Use of various tools for validation of accuracy of the data
- Load the data from staging database and automation of regular activities using scripts
- Perform the post migration tasks and validation (index, constraints, field precision checks etc.)
- Execution of the use cases on the migrated database to validate migration.
- Interaction with architects and key team members of the client for the purpose of business needs and understanding.
- Performed unit testing to assure data is loaded as per requirement.
- Job monitoring, data loading and server parameter configuration changes on sql server.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008 R2/2008/2005, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Windows Server 2008 R2, 2008, 2003, CLUSTERING, MIRRORING, LOG SHIPPING, DB monitoring tools Spotlight.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
MS SQL Server DBA
- As a Production support DBA responsible for maintaining SQL Servers database servers in production, Development and QA Environments.
- Installed SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2005 on windows 2008 R2 and 2003 servers, applied service packs and security fix for all servers.
- Worked in SQL Server DTS and SSIS (Integration Services) package deployment.
- Performance tuning for SSIS package mappings and trouble shoot SQL Procedures bottlenecks.
- Implemented Database Mirroring on SQL Server 2008 environments for DR/HA.
- Configured and maintained Log shipping architecture to provide backup server solution for 4 environments in a DR.
- Upgraded server from MS SQL Server 2005 to MS SQL Server 2008.
- Implemented Database Mirroring on SQL Server 2008 environments.
- Configured and maintained Log shipping architecture to provide backup server solution for 4 environments.
- Installed, configured and maintained MS SQL Fail over clustering to provide server High Availability solution for different environments.
- Worked for tuning SQLServer using available tuning methods as index tuning wizards, profiler & execution plans.
- Created the standard documents for Disaster recovery testing and implemented the documents.
- Experienced with database sizing and capacity planning for production servers.
- Experienced with creating logical and physical database design for development projects.
- Experienced with improving SQL Server using windows performance monitor to improve the server performance.
- Created the backup schedule for production, test and development servers.
- Worked with Developers to create database schema changes and database restore requests.
- Involved in restore operations to refresh the data from production to test servers.
- Experienced in troubleshooting production servers and fixed the application issues.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 , SSIS, SSRS, Windows Server 2008, 2003. .net,Visual basic, ms office, DB2, and database monitoring tools spotlight.
- Handled activities pertaining to development and execution of TSQL Scripts.
- Worked also as SQL DBA for 1+ years, written complex queries, optimized long running queries etc.
- Migrated databases from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005.Created many packages in Integration services like import,export,Dbmail etc.
- Developing and Implementing DBA maintenance plans for MS SQL Server (DB Backups, DBCC, updating index statistics, monitoring databases and disk space).
- Running utilities like copy, load, import, export, reorg, update statistics etc
- Managed VLDB in all version of SQL server.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000,Visual basic 6.0, MS office, Crystal Reports and Ramco Marshall ERP 4.3 Version.