- Over 8 years of experience in Database Administration of Microsoft SQL Server OLTP & DWH databases in On - premise and Cloud environments across all editions of SQL Server versions 2000/2005/2008/ R 2/2012/2014/2016.
- Production Support (24x7) experience in the areas of Database Management, Design, Development, Maintenance and Migration of SQL Servers and databases in Automotive, Health, Education, Finance and Insurance domains.
- Expert in Disaster Recovery and High Availability Techniques like Log-Shipping, Mirroring, Replication (Snapshot, Transactional and Merge), DB Snapshots, SQL Clustering and Always-ON (HADR) for On-premise and Cloud servers .
- Experienced in Microsoft Windows/SQL Azure (IaaS/PaaS) Cloud Environments and configured Geo-Replication.
- Migrated On-Premise/Azure Classic V5 Subscription servers to Azure Resource Manager (ARM) V6 Subscription.
- Hands on AWS cloud technologies such as RDS, EC2, S3 Storage, EBS Volumes and cloud watch.
- Possess good knowledge of algorithms and design patterns in T-SQL and Power shell scripting.
- Proficient in analysis and resolution of performance bottlenecks involved in CPU, I/O and Memory utilization.
- Worked with Performance Monitor, SQL profiler, activity monitor and query execution plans.
- Maintained Security as per SOX compliance and Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) implemented for databases.
- Experience with Create and Maintain enterprise databases, Integrity, Index fragmentation, Updatestats, Backup & Recovery, Security, Capacity planning, and Data archiving and compression techniques.
- Good experience in designing, creating, debugging and tuning of stored procedures, triggers, and functions.
- Experienced in Designing, Creating and modifying SSRS reports and SSIS/DTS/ETL packages with Visual Studio and SSAS cubes processing, security, and maintenance.
- Expert in Build and Deployments analysis and handling deployments in UAT and Prod environments.
- Experienced in SCOM, IDERA, OMS for Monitoring and Service-Now, Jira, BMC Remedy Ticketing Tools.
- Experienced using Red-Gate, Lite-speed, DPM backup tools and TFS, Visual Studio Online Release management tools.
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills in developing and implementing SOPs and RCA documentation and maintained SLA/OLA with ITIL standards in projects.
Confidential, New Jersey
Sr. SQL Server DBA
- Responsible for availability of business sales and forecast data and applications to the worldwide users.
- Worked on High Business Impact (HBI) environments and configured log shipping, Mirroring, Replication, Clustering and Always-On High Availability Groups.
- Responsible for Query Improvements, Performance Tuning and the resource bottlenecks.
- Worked on SQL installation, version upgrades and configuration and planning for SQL patches and windows updates.
- Worked with Partitioning Techniques and column stored Indexes to allow the SQL Server engine to reduce locks.
- Responsible to create, configure and maintain and capacity planning of the Cloud and On-premise servers and Databases.
- Worked in IaaS and PaaS Environments and configured Geo-Replication.
- Responsible to create SSIS packages and SSRS reports for the required data to the vendors.
- Migrated On-Premise/Azure Classic V5 Subscription servers to Azure Resource Manager (ARM) V6 Subscription with Azure Site Recovery (ASR) Tool.
- Controlling ETL flows with METaL framework and maintaining Cube processing and reporting Servers.
- Build and Releases automation through Visual Studio Online and Deployment analysis in UAT Prod environments.
- Worked with Operations Management suite (OMS) for configuring and Monitoring alerts and Service Now ticketing tool.
Sr. SQL Server DBAResponsibilities:
- Responsible for planning and implementing the SQL server (2000-2014) installation, configuration, maintenance and patching and migration as per the business requirement.
- Worked on High Business Impact (HBI) environments and configured/Supported log-shipping, Mirroring, Replication (Snapshot and Transactional, Merge), Clustering and Always-On High availability (HADR) Groups.
- Responsible for Query Optimization, Performance Tuning, and resolving CPU, Memory and IO related bottlenecks.
- Responsible for creating, configure and migrated and maintained the Cloud Databases in Microsoft Azure and AWS.
- Worked on Azure and AWS Cloud environment and managed security, Storage, and performance.
- Databases upgraded, downgraded and migrated across different Versions and editions of SQL server.
- Implemented best practices for Database Security, Integrity, DB Backups and index maintenance and Capacity Planning
- Experience using Policy Based Management, Data Compression, Resource Governor, Data Collector and Transparent Data Encryption (TDE), BCP, Import and Export, Activity Monitor, Extended Events, SQL Profiler and OS Tools.
- Responsible for creating and modifying the SSIS packages and SSRS reports in visual studio and TFS for releases.
- Creating and Tuning the queries, procedures, triggers and reports for enhanced and quick response time, by using concepts of Indexes with INCLUDE columns, CTE’s, Data and Table Partitioning Techniques.
- Documenting issues and resolutions with root cause analysis on incidents and alerts of SQL Server logged in event viewer and error-logs and tickets and Implemented SOPs as per business flow and maintained SLA timelines in the project.
MS SQL Server DBAResponsibilities:
- Responsible for Installation, Configuration and Administration of SQL Server (2005-2012) as per business standards.
- Performed all the Database Administrative tasks, in all High availability and disaster recovery (HADR) solutions like log-shipping, Mirroring, Replication in clustered and non-clustered environments.
- Responsible for the DB security, Performance improvements and Query analyzing using profiler and execution plans.
- Performing Database backups and refreshes and maintain database security as per business request.
- Creating, debugging and tuning stored procedures, triggers, functions, views, indexes and used Error/Event handlers.
- Utilized DDL, DML, DCL commands for manipulation of data within the database.
- Monitor and resolving alerts on database status and CPU, memory, I/O, Disk and DB free Space, job failures and blocking and deadlocks using SQL Server Utilities and DMVs.
- Creating jobs, alerts, and operators as per business requirements and troubleshooting failures and alerts.
- Generating Weekly/Monthly analysis reports for the Database Growth and Performance Statistics.
- Documenting the issues and resolutions and maintain SLA timelines for Incidents and Tickets.
Jr. SQL Server DBAResponsibilities:
- Configuration and Administration of SQL Server (2000-2005) as per business standards.
- Worked on T-SQL and Standard Database Maintenance tasks, Backups and Restore Plans and Log-shipping.
- Security user/group Logins and database consistency and integrity and indexes defragmentation with update statistics.
- Monitoring CPU, memory usage and blocking and deadlocks and maintaining free space over threshold values for Disk and database data and log file.
- Creating, verifying and troubleshooting jobs and alerts.
- Working as part of a team and provide 24x7 technical database support and managed alerts by severity and Impact.